Cardiff City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 5th October

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Arfa can't have any complaints about being dropped to the bench after his poor performances against Hull and Everton. Dropping him is only controversial because we don't really have any other creative players to replace him in the team.

Gouffran deserves to start ahead of Cissé based on form. If players aren't producing the performances then they need to be dropped. We need competition amongst the squad. Dummett may get a chance ahead of Santon.

It's up to Ben Arfa, Cissé and any other player not starting to try to force their way into the team. They need to take their chance when they are on the pitch.

Ben Arfa can't have any complaints about being dropped to the bench after his poor performances against Hull and Everton. Dropping him is only controversial because we don't really have any other creative players to replace him in the team.

Gouffran deserves to start ahead of Cissé based on form. If players aren't producing the performances then they need to be dropped. We need competition amongst the squad. Dummett may get a chance ahead of Santon.

It's up to Ben Arfa, Cissé and any other player not starting to try to force their way into the team. They need to take their chance when they are on the pitch.

Give over man, we literally would not have enough players to put a team out based on the selection policy you're advocating.

You don't drop your only creative outlet because then you're left with a team devoid of spontaneity and imagination.  We struggle to create with HBA in the side, without him we're going to have a hard job.  I could see the point (not agree with it but at least understand it) if we had a few others who could come in and bring us what he does but we don't have that luxury.

Marveaux could possibly do a job for us there but he's looked far from convincing.  I have a feeling we're going to look very workmanlike today sadly.

edit:  Players need to force their way into the side?  That sounds like we're a team on a high winning games and putting in performances.  I think I could 'force' my way into this side the way we're playing.

Guest hatem garrincha

Win, lose or draw, dropping Ben Arfa is just an admission of what has been said about this man for years, that he doesn't trust, and is unable to get the consistent best out of, players that aren't just good old British cloggers.

And verified by the constant pressure he has put on Ben Arfa for 2 years and the extinction of a player like Marveaux.

Give over man, we literally would not have enough players to put a team out based on the selection policy you're advocating.

When one player is out of form and costing the team then the right thing to do is get him out and make him fight for his place. When the whole fucking team bar the odd player in the odd match is wildly out of form and show no signs of pulling it back you sack the manager.

But I guess we both know this.

Guest hatem garrincha

Exactly, Chelsea can drop Hazard for Mata without consequences.

On another note, just had some pricks pester me for my ticket and they seemed really offended when I said no. f*** off.

Watch yourself, sounds a bit odd.

They were drinking on the train so that might have been a contributing factor, they basically made the trip down without tickets.

Does my fucking head in like. The manager tells the other players "just give it to that bloke, he'll do it all himself" so they do it and the other team put three players marking him to strangle him out... And our fans think he should be the one dropped?!

That's not to mention the preposterous decision to move him out of the position he's become used to in the first place. Our entire attacking game this season boils down to: Ben Arfa cuts inside and shoots.

So he moves him over, Ben Arfa can't cut inside and shoot and apparently that's Ben Arfa's fault. :lol:

On another note, just had some pricks pester me for my ticket and they seemed really offended when I said no. f*** off.

They were drinking on the train so that might have been a contributing factor, they basically made the trip down without tickets.

Exactly the kind of setup which sees you stalked and relieved of your tickets. Just saying, keep you head about you till you get in the ground.

Does my fucking head in like. The manager tells the other players "just give it to that bloke, he'll do it all himself" so they do it and the other team put three players marking him to strangle him out... And our fans think he should be the one dropped?!

That's not to mention the preposterous decision to move him out of the position he's become used to in the first place. Our entire attacking game this season boils down to: Ben Arfa cuts inside and shoots.

So he moves him over, Ben Arfa can't cut inside and shoot and apparently that's Ben Arfa's fault. :lol:

Exactly.  It's not even fucking difficult.

Does my f***ing head in like. The manager tells the other players "just give it to that bloke, he'll do it all himself" so they do it and the other team put three players marking him to strangle him out... And our fans think he should be the one dropped?!

Don't normally agree with you, but that is 100% spot on.

Exactly the kind of setup which sees you stalked and relieved of your tickets. Just saying, keep you head about you till you get in the ground.

RIP Sifu.

As has been said, not many of our players are in good form. Only Remy, Anita and Gouffran can be considered to have played well recently. We obviously can't drop everyone but we have to drop some of the players who aren't performing. For example, we've persisted with Cissé mainly due to lack of an alternative. Now Gouffran and Remy are playing well Cissé can be dropped.

Would anyone be upset if Dummett started over Santon? Most people would be happy to drop Debuchy but we don't really have a natural replacement for him.

I did say that Ben Arfa has no replacement. Ben Arfa doesn't track back. If that's the case, tell him to stay up the pitch and have the left and right backs stay back. Santon and Debuchy bomb forward but rarely create anything. We'd probably be better off if they stayed back.

I would happily have a different manager to Pardew but we're stuck with him at the moment. I'm sure other managers could do better with our team.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew's hands are tied like :lol:

Cheers for the concern mate. Should be fine though, just have to be vigilant. Got about 2 hours to roam around the city centre now...

As has been said, not many of our players are in good form. Only Remy, Anita and Gouffran can be considered to have played well recently. We obviously can't drop everyone but we have to drop some of the players who aren't performing. For example, we've persisted with Cissé mainly due to lack of an alternative. Now Gouffran and Remy are playing well Cissé can be dropped.

Would anyone be upset if Dummett started over Santon? Most people would be happy to drop Debuchy but we don't really have a natural replacement for him.

I did say that Ben Arfa has no replacement. Ben Arfa doesn't track back. If that's the case, tell him to stay up the pitch and have the left and right backs stay back. Santon and Debuchy bomb forward but rarely create anything. We'd probably be better off if they stayed back.

I would happily have a different manager to Pardew but we're stuck with him at the moment. I'm sure other managers could do better with our team.

I'm not sure two games comprises enough sample size to drop a player who has earned us 6 of 7 points almost single handedly. Even counting the Everton game in is a nonsense. He was out of position, had our only shot and the whole team touched the ball about five times in the first half. Reminds me of games at Blackburn and Brighton two years ago where we made absolutely no attempt to attack and Ben Arfa got all the blame.

For the record I've said plenty of times that it doesn't matter who you select, or buy, under this manager. They'll all turn to absolute shit eventually. Dropping X and bringing in Y is just going round in circles because in a month people will be crying for X to be brought back because of how shit Y has been.

Does my f***ing head in like. The manager tells the other players "just give it to that bloke, he'll do it all himself" so they do it and the other team put three players marking him to strangle him out... And our fans think he should be the one dropped?!

Staggering, isn't it?

Staggering, isn't it?

What staggers me is people who defend his flawed logic

Starting to get nervous now.

Really hope Pardew doesn't drop Ben Arfa, It's one of those things where I don't see a positive from not playing him.

There are no positives to the decision, that's why. No doubt 1 or 2 idiots on here will defend Pardew if he does the unthinkable though.

Starting to get nervous now.

Really hope Pardew doesn't drop Ben Arfa, It's one of those things where I don't see a positive from not playing him.

There are no positives to the decision, that's why. No doubt 1 or 2 idiots on here will defend Pardew if he does the unthinkable though.

I wouldn't call anyone idiots for having a different view tbh.

I try my best to see where people are coming from but I really don't see anything in Pardew that makes me think he's remotely competent

Why does it keep getting brushed under the rug that Ben Arfa performed poorly for 45 in a position he's not comfortable in with a midfield behind him which couldn't pass the ball forwards?

Its not his fault that Pardew is inept and shouldn't be scapegoated for it.

He's had one bad performance in my eyes and if it wasn't for him we would have 1 point!

Another thing if Suarez had a poor game would Liverpool bench him? You bet your arse they wouldn't.

Absolutely laughable to even begin to defend this abomination of a decision.

I'm sure someone like Michael Laudrup or Roberto Martínez could have our team playing decent football and getting much better results than Pardew manages. Pardew is a poor manager. Our team never seem to add up to the sum of it's parts. We don't play good football and we rarely play well over a whole 90 minutes. Our team start the first or second half of games like they've just woken up.

Having said that, this thread is about the Cardiff game. Ben Arfa was poor against Hull City. Teams with bigger squads would probably drop a player after a poor performance. Some even drop players after good performances as they set their team up depending on who they are playing. We have a best 11 and then we are scrabbling around for players to replace them if the best 11 aren't performing.

I have no idea what Ben Arfa or the team get told. Sometimes it looks like the team get told to pass the ball to Ben Arfa and then stand still and watch what he does. When two or three players mark Ben Arfa that should create space for the rest of the team. Our team rarely give Ben Arfa an option of someone to pass to. Ben Arfa tries to beat the opposition team on his own. I don't know if the root of the problem is Ben Arfa doesn't pass or the team give him no options to pass to.

Ben Arfa is my favourite player to watch in our team. I want him to start but I also want him to play well. Most of our team can have a poor game safe in the knowledge that they'll be starting the next game anyway. As shit as Pardew is our players have to take responsibility for their performances sometimes. Everything is not always Pardew's fault.