Newcastle United 2 - 2 Liverpool - 19/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Beren

Mapou had to go; Suarez was a c***.

Stevie G should have gone, the ref bottled it and reacted to the crowd by quietly telling him he'd been a lucky boy.

Suarez reacted to Mapou's hand like he'd been tugged by a parachute deploying from a 30,000 foot free fall.

spot on, he went up and back, the opposite to which he should have done if the challenge had really affected his movement.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Sorry lads but that's Yanga-Mbiwa's fault all day long.

Centre halfs make these mistakes every now and then and it's frustrating but he'll come through it a better player.

re gerrard booking. seemed like it was for nowt, but minutes after the sending off. what chance a word from the 4th official in the refs ear piece about it being a crap decision and the ref attemting to even things up in the way they do ?

Sorry lads but that's Yanga-Mbiwa's fault all day long.

Centre halfs make these mistakes every now and then and it's frustrating but he'll come through it a better player.

it was his fault but it wasn't a foul, it's what officials fall for all the time as they have to believe the michael owen line that any contact equates to a foul.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think it was a foul - he's pulled him back by his shoulder - no doubt about it. It's a foul and it's a red.

I think it was a foul - he's pulled him back by his shoulder - no doubt about it. It's a foul and it's a red.

i disagree, i saw at lot more robust stuff going on today that was fair game. at first I thought it was as you say, then at HT I watched it again and got incensed by it, on getting home and watching it again (and again and again and again) it's never enough to stop the forward.

Guest Haris Vuckic

i disagree, i saw at lot more robust stuff going on today that was fair game. at first I thought it was as you say, then at HT I watched it again and got incensed by it, on getting homne and watching it again (and again and again and again) it's never enough to stop the forward.

In which case - amicably - we'll have to agree to disagree.

i disagree, i saw at lot more robust stuff going on today that was fair game. at first I thought it was as you say, then at HT I watched it again and got incensed by it, on getting homne and watching it again (and again and again and again) it's never enough to stop the forward.

In which case - amicably - we'll have to agree to disagree.

no probs.

Guest Haris Vuckic

:thup:

Of course Suarez went down easy by the way - but it's foolish to give any forward the chance.

yeah I know. I just rail against the owenite idea that any contact is a foul.

I hate the idea as well - but you can't do that to a man - because you know it's getting blown up.

You've got to stick to the rules - however soft it was a foul in the box so it's a penalty. He was last man so it's a red card.

Shit - but that's the rules.

:thup:

Of course Suarez went down easy by the way - but it's foolish to give any forward the chance.

yeah I know. I just rail against the owenite idea that any contact is a foul.

I hate the idea as well - but you can't do that to a man - because you know it's getting blown up.

You've got to stick to the rules - however soft it was a foul in the box so it's a penalty. He was last man so it's a red card.

s*** - but that's the rules.

eh ? was the contact enough to floor the forward ? if not then it's not a foul. if it is then any contact is afoul.............then every corner will take hours.