NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 weeks later...

Chronicle have turned in to right bitter cunts. Keep them out i say. Mainly because Ryder is a dick anyways.

I prefer the new bitter Chronicle. beats the hell out the arse licking version we had before.

Chronicle have turned in to right bitter c***s. Keep them out i say. Mainly because Ryder is a dick anyways.

I prefer the new bitter Chronicle. beats the hell out the arse licking version we had before.

Same here.

Chronicle have turned in to right bitter c***s. Keep them out i say. Mainly because Ryder is a dick anyways.

They aren't printing anything worthwhile though? I'd have more respect if they were digging out dirt on Newcastle and saying fuck you but this sort of stuff could be done by a 5 year old.

They aren't printing anything worthwhile though? I'd have more respect if they were digging out dirt on Newcastle and saying f*** you but this sort of stuff could be done by a 5 year old.

It's a lot more interesting than the shit they used to write

They aren't printing anything worthwhile though? I'd have more respect if they were digging out dirt on Newcastle and saying f*** you but this sort of stuff could be done by a 5 year old.

It's a lot more interesting than the s*** they used to write

Granted, they've never been as exciting since Laurent Robert went hunting for Alan Oliver :lol:

the team wasn't exactly weak on saturday

You'll be happy seeing it against Cardiff in the league then?

Remy and Williamson aside it was probably the strongest XI we could field, however Cisse and Saylor are players who should be able to cope when called upon.

If you believe Cabaye and Krul were genuinely injured and wouldn't have played if it were a league game, you'll believe anything.

Quotes from Chronicle editor Darren Thwaites:

"Before that, the club threatened to ban us for refusing to call the stadium Sports Direct Arena - and they've often restricted access to our reporters or made similar threats if they disagreed with our reports.

"The ludicrous implication that our coverage could be unlawful shows their total lack of understanding about the role of a free press.

"We want the club to be successful like everyone else - but we're entirely free to criticise poor decision-making by the bosses. That includes the decision not to treat the FA Cup seriously, showing a complete disregard for fans.

"The club ignore the vast amount of supportive coverage we continue to give and have given since their very first game.

"We'll simply continue to provide in-depth and independent coverage - with or without the help of the current owners."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-confirms-ban-chronicle-6477400

Didn't know about the bit in bold.  How utterly pathetic, man.

• 1 month later...

Sunday Express joins the party:

Club Statement

The Club feels it necessary to respond to the article published in the Sunday Express newspaper, headlined 'Pardew's One Game From Sack - Beat Villa or it's the Bullet', and claimed as an 'exclusive' by the paper. The article was written by John Richardson.

We consider it extremely poor practice for a newspaper to print such an article without first seeking comment or clarification from the Club. The article was completely untrue and we can only assume published for commercial reasons or as an attempt to unsettle and disrupt.

The article also created subsequent ill-informed and damaging coverage in other media outlets and across social media.

To publish an article of such nature gives the profession of journalism a bad name. Journalists and newspapers which print such wholly inaccurate stories should be aware that there will be consequences for their actions.

Newcastle United will not accept false, misleading, mischievous or inflammatory reporting such as this and will take appropriate action as and when necessary. To this end, Newcastle United can confirm that the Sunday Express is banned with immediate effect. This ban does not extend to the paper's sister publications, including the Daily Star, who made contact with the Club to check the validity of the story and accordingly did not publish it.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140218/club-statement_2281670_3675354?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter