NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You know my friends, there comes a time when people get tired of being trampled by the iron feet of oppression. There comes a time my friends, when people get tired of being plunged across the abyss of humiliation, where they experience the bleakness of nagging despair. There comes a time when people get tired of being pushed out of the glittering sunlight of life's July and left standing amid the piercing chill of an alpine November. There comes a time.

You, sir, need to open another account under the name of Sir Richard Dinnis and make this the rallying cry for the masses of Magdom so that we can breach the stubborn defences of the crypto-Ashleyites and put paid to their pseudo-mackemist tendencies, for we are the classier race!

1385760_10151936671176462_1661490196_n.jpg

lovely now if they could actually discuss the issues at the club and not just how offended they are at being banned that would be great until then  :sleepy2:

You're cutting your nose to spite your face if you want to make this something about the media being corrupt and looking after their own self interest first and foremost. That's nothing intelligent people already know. What's interesting about this latest development is that by banning them, Ashley has effectively pointed the barrel of the PR gun towards himself. Now, we can sit here and laugh at the media, or we use them for our own purpose, whilst they look after their own, in a 'enemy of your enemy is your friend' kind of way. I know which approach I'd prefer.

while I'm far more cynical and have very little faith in the likes of Lee Ryder to achieve anything significant. I fully expect them to be allowed back in a few weeks and back to normal.

In a few weeks time this club could be on the brink of a massive transformation if we play our cards right. It seems to me by your reactions you're almost hoping the local rags wind their neck in and everything returns to "normal" so you can say I told you so.

We still get the Chronicle every day and have done for about 20 years.  We're protest hipsters, us.

how much is it now- it was 20p when got it regular.

50p, 60p on a Saturday.

lovely now if they could actually discuss the issues at the club and not just how offended they are at being banned that would be great until then  :sleepy2:

You're cutting your nose to spite your face if you want to make this something about the media being corrupt and looking after their own self interest first and foremost. That's nothing intelligent people already know. What's interesting about this latest development is that by banning them, Ashley has effectively pointed the barrel of the PR gun towards himself. Now, we can sit here and laugh at the media, or we use them for our own purpose, whilst they look after their own, in a 'enemy of your enemy is your friend' kind of way. I know which approach I'd prefer.

while I'm far more cynical and have very little faith in the likes of Lee Ryder to achieve anything significant. I fully expect them to be allowed back in a few weeks and back to normal.

In a few weeks time this club could be on the brink of a massive transformation if we play our cards right. It seems to me by your reactions you're almost hoping the local rags wind their neck in and everything returns to "normal" so you can say I told you so.

we've seen this type of thing before we've sat through months and months of waiting for someone to come buy the club we've seen protests we've seen attendances dip we've seen relegation we've seen other papers banned we've seen the stadium renamed and people offended by that-nothing changed Ashleys still doing what he wants when he wants because in the end unless we all find £200m odd down the back of the couch nothing will any time soon. He won't change the way he does things a new manager won't change the chaotic way the club works and some protests won't cause him to suddenly want to spend money.

I'd love to be optimistic and hopeful of things changing and this could be it but I just can't see it.

Eh? :lol:

They've been banned for discussing the issues at the club, turbodiv.

;D

and all the coverage I've seen in the media since the ban yesterday (nationals as well) has been a load of bollocks about freedom of press and how it would hurt nufc blah blah blah instead of far more important issues going on at the club like the SD ads Kinnears continued employment failure to sign anyone permanently in the summer etc its all just been how offended they are at media being banned.

If you wanted to read about JFK a transfers have a look at Ryder:  http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-uniteds-excruciating-transfer-deadline-5830980 Douglas: http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/agenda-just-what-joe-kinnear-5263788

Today cover is not the first negative cover in recent times the blank page cover a was a classic newspaper cover http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Chronicle-FP-Kinnear.jpg

Well, looks like the lines have been drawn in the sand.

Ashley is such a fool and going off his past form, things could get much worse before anything gets better.

If it goes full on, could get poisonous, may lead to, may need to, another relegation. but in for a penny.......

i think i am now at the point when i would prefer to see us in league 1 and i am supporting MY club going out and giving 100% and striving to be the best it can be rather than what we have now with ASHLEY's club just plodding along making up the numbers

we've seen this type of thing before we've sat through months and months of waiting for someone to come buy the club we've seen protests we've seen attendances dip we've seen relegation we've seen other papers banned we've seen the stadium renamed and people offended by that-nothing changed Ashleys still doing what he wants when he wants because in the end unless we all find £200m odd down the back of the couch nothing will any time soon. He won't change the way he does things a new manager won't change the chaotic way the club works and some protests won't cause him to suddenly want to spend money.

I'd love to be optimistic and hopeful of things changing and this could be it but I just can't see it.

If we make his life a living hell and hurt his primary business interest, he'll cut his losses eventually and sell at a loss if he has to. Alternatively, we can bend over and take whatever comes our way. :dontknow:

If we make his life a living hell and hurt his primary business interest, he'll cut his losses eventually and sell at a loss if he has to. Alternatively, we can bend over and take whatever comes our way. :dontknow:

how can we hurt his primary business interest? you think your average shopper on the street who's kid wants trainers or a football shirt would be anymore put off going into a sports direct shop or their website by his chaotic running of a football club compared to this?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/aug/05/zero-hours-contracts-cover-1m-uk-workers

how can we hurt his primary business interest? you think your average shopper on the street who's kid wants trainers or a football shirt would be anymore put off going into a sports direct shop or their website by his chaotic running of a football club compared to this?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/aug/05/zero-hours-contracts-cover-1m-uk-workers

I don't want to publicly advocate courses of action that could be perceived as borderline legal, but there are plenty of ways to hurt his business interest with a little bit of creativity.

couple of hundred people walk into his shop on a saturday afternon and just block everything for an hour, would make him sit up and take notice when on the busiest day he loses business. 

couple of hundred people walk into his shop on a saturday afternon and just block everything for an hour, would make him sit up and take notice when on the busiest day he loses business.

great idea in theory but theres over 470 of them.

great idea in theory but theres over 470 of them.

well lets just start with the ones up here!! :-)