Tottenham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

These were bonus points tbh, not that they're any less valuable but we're no further forward if we can't back these two wins up against Norwich and West Brom. Those are the proper test, games we should win. There's no excuse for confidence not being high and barring a sudden injury crisis we should be putting in good performances too. We have several good players in great form.

Though I've no doubt whatsoever that should we fail to win then Chelsea/Spurs will be used to gloss over it and claim how ace we are.

Exactly.

Hope they wouldn't be used like that, same as I would hope a defeat wouldn't be used to prove we're crap.

It's not going to work every week. Thankfully we don't have to play at White Hart Lane every week though. If it were Norwich at home, I'd understand why there'd be an insistence on focusing on how 'lucky' we were. Fingers crossed we'll play our own game in a couple of weeks time though.

It will be interesting to see what our own game is when the onus is on us to open teams up. I think it will be an unchanged line up personally, we'll probably mix in a good few long balls up to Shola and hope one drops for Remy to cash in if we can't open them up with passing football.

We have to go back to playing our own game at home, esp to Norwich. Gouffran and HBA on the wings, if Anita slots in at RB he'll sit and just play it simple, defend, and pass. Sissoko & Cabaye at CM with Tiote sitting. Santon-MYM-Willo stay exactly the same and we BUILD on our good run of form by inserting HBA into a team that has a positive, winning mentality.

We have to go back to playing our own game at home, esp to Norwich. Gouffran and HBA on the wings, if Anita slots in at RB he'll sit and just play it simple, defend, and pass. Sissoko & Cabaye at CM with Tiote sitting. Santon-MYM-Willo stay exactly the same and we BUILD on our good run of form by inserting HBA into a team that has a positive, winning mentality.

I would do this too. Not sure what Pards will go for, fear he might stick to the 442.

Guest bimpy474

I would do this too. Not sure what Pards will go for, fear he might stick to the 442.

Me too, he needs to change and approach these games differently. Should be interesting as it might show just how much he has learned, or not mind.

Pardew you values a gritty, dig your heels in performance than one of technical attacking prowess. Grafters like Gouff (albeit talented) and Jonas, Willo et al. are his cup of tea so when we win through that way, he is more likely to carry on in the same vein. I do give him credit for the way we play when we do impose ourselves on teams as we have in spells this season, but rarely does he strike a blance between attack and defense in the same game.

Surprised how much s*** Friedel was getting for our goal on MOTD. Yes he wasnt as quick as Lloris coming out to challenge Remy, but surely the team that gave the ball away so cheaply in a bad area deserve most of the stick.

Surprised how much s*** Friedel wass getting for our goal on MOTD. Yes he wasnt as quick as Lloris coming out to challenge Remy, but surely the team that gave the ball away so cheaply in a bad area deserve most of the stick.

Just lazy commentary IMO, they were looking for reasons to talk about Lloris being out. He had what, one or two seconds to get off his line?

Guest bimpy474

Surprised how much s*** Friedel wass getting for our goal on MOTD. Yes he wasnt as quick as Lloris coming out to challenge Remy, but surely the team that gave the ball away so cheaply in a bad area deserve most of the stick.

And unless Lloris was standing on the edge of his box when Gouffran won it, there's no way he would have got there any quicker. The ball from Gouffran was perfectly weighted.

Those situations are definitely more difficult for keepers to deal with nowadays knowing that even the slightest touch can see them walking.

And unless Lloris was standing on the edge of his box when Gouffran won it, there's no way he would have got there any quicker. The ball from Gouffran was perfectly weighted.

Based on how Lloris plays it wouldn't have surprised me if he did get there tbh.... the amount of times i have seen him this season charge out to the edge of the box and take the forward out is ridiculous.

With that said let them moan, i couldn't care less tbh :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Based on how Lloris plays it wouldn't have surprised me if he did get there tbh.... the amount of times i have seen him this season charge out to the edge of the box and take the forward out is ridiculous.

With that said let them moan, i couldn't care less tbh :lol:

Annoys me a bit that it's 'Lloris would have stopped it'. Completely ignoring the ball well won by Gouff, a great through ball from him, a great run by Remy, a great take around the GK, and a good finish.

It was a good goal by us, not a mistake by them......fuck em though :lol:

More credit should be given to Remy who had to 2 perfect touches to bait and get around Friedel. Friedel did nothing wrong there. Poor from Paulinho, great tackle and ball from Gouffran and first class finish by Remy.