Tottenham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

I think Friedel was a tad indecisive, mind. Obviously every keeper has his own starting position.

In nets, usually.

He looked slow. There's a lot of Brad Friedel to shift and at 40-something the engine doesn't operate quite as well.

Guest firetotheworks

Seems like Spurs were suffering from the extra Europa League games.

Myself and a few others don't want to go over this again. Can we move on?

From .com's report.

"it's a matter of record that Spurs have lost six Premier League games in the last year - all on Sundays and all after Thursday night Europa League ties. We of course were able to adversely affect our league performance last season for a fraction of Tottenham's outlay... "

Pardew/Excuse arguments apart, that is quite an amazing statistic.

Guest bimpy474

Last season Spurs form on a Sunday after the Europa League was :

WWWWLWLWLLDW

This season :

WLWLWL

Not sure where those figures come from but there bollocks.

Guest bimpy474

WWWWLWLWLLDW

This season :

WLWLWL

sounds like .com are telling porkies......... :)

They are i think, i've just gone through the Spurs fixtures on the Spurs website, i dont think i got any wrong.

Guest icemanblue

WWWWLWLWLLDW

This season :

WLWLWL

They are i think, i've just gone through the Spurs fixtures on the Spurs website, i dont think i got any wrong.

Looking back, now that the dust has settled, would you say it was worth it?

In 02/03 I think we didn't lose a single game after Champions League games? Pretty much played the same team as well with the occasional Shola/Lua-Lua/Bernard/Andy Griffin inclusion in the game after CL.

That excuse can eat shit tbh.

So for example, it's not harder to play an away game in Europe midweek than to have a day off?

Guest bimpy474

WWWWLWLWLLDW

This season :

WLWLWL

Looking back, now that the dust has settled, would you say it was worth it?

:pokerface:

Last six defeats after Europa League games is different to six defeats after each of the last six Europa League games - which IMO would be more meaningful. With the volume of Europa League games, it's like saying they lost their last six league defeats after their manager had had a hot meal the night before.

Guest bimpy474

That thing from .com is true as far as I can see, last 6 league defeats all after europa league games.

Howay man Bimpy, get back on that Spuds website and tell us what's going on.........

Techincally it's true, but they lost one after the Europa, then won a couple after the Europa, then lost one etc. That report makes its look like they have lost the last 6 which they haven't. Like Beren said above.

They lost 8 games last season, 4 after the Europa and 4 not after the Europa. This season their 3 losses have come after the Europa.

Last season they finished 5th on 72 points, this season they sit 6th 3 points from 2nd place.

They certainly look fucking knackered like.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew is ridiculous, not only does he make excuses for his own team but he's making some for the opposition now :lol:

I would say AVB saying he doesn't care what Pardew reckons, and did his team look tired in the 2nd half, obviously not.

Frankly Pardew is still looking to excuse last seasons hideous football and sees the Europa League as his main excuse. If he said nothing this season about it, it wouldn't have been an issue but he just cant help trying to deflect the blame for his own shortfalls.

I'll say it again, what the hell does the Europa League have do with playing the senseless hit and hope rubbish we watched last year. Nothing that's what and rather than accept that the reason we were so poor was Pardew woeful tactics and team selections,  Pardew looks to something else.

This season shows you how we can play, it might be a bit up and down but it's a million miles away from the shit last season.

Pardew is ridiculous, not only does he make excuses for his own team but he's making some for the opposition now :lol:

I would say AVB saying he doesn't care what Pardew reckons, and did his team look tired in the 2nd half, obviously not.

Frankly Pardew is still looking to excuse last seasons hideous football and sees the Europa League as his main excuse. If he said nothing this season about it, it wouldn't have been an issue but he just cant help trying to deflect the blame for his own shortfalls.

I'll say it again, what the hell does the Europa League have do with playing the senseless hit and hope rubbish we watched last year. Nothing that's what and rather than accept that the reason we were so poor was Pardew woeful tactics and team selections,  Pardew looks to something else.

This season shows you how we can play, it might a bit up and down but it's a million miles away from the shit last season.

http://img.pandawhale.com/69067-Gladiator-thumbs-up-gif-6cDl.gif