Newcastle United 2 - 1 Norwich City - 23/11/13 - Post-match reaction from p31

Mike

I think Sissoko has been good apart from finishing, cross leading to second goal was spot on

Complete rush of blood to the head, complete swipe! Usually has better composure when he's on the charge.

Guest firetotheworks

Regardless of me preferring Anita over Tiote and Tiote trying daft shots, it's working so I wouldn't change anything.

Must say, I'm very impressed with the performance today.

Mainly, the application we've shown to winning 50-50s against a side we've historically not been as up for the fight against. Well done players/Pardew/coaching/whoever. Really pleasing. I think the confidence factor and wanting to keep things going has a part to play, but very pleasing anyway.

Shola has been great, Remy has done fantastic. Willo commanding at the back! Buzzing.

I actually thought we were pretty average on the whole.... but seeing as it was 2-0 i cannot complain !

I agree on the 50-50s mind.

Been exchanging texts with my mate who's a ST holder at Carrow Road

What a bloody simple goal that is.  Not even had to do anything of note to score - no pressure on Remy or Sissoko, easy header for Shola, fumble and tap in.  We set up defensively but can't defend.  Recipe for disaster

Johnson's a passenger in the side these days.  We're making Ameobi look like Drogba here.

On Hooper being anonymous...

Feel sorry for him playing in this team, as I did for van Wolfswinkel before him and Holt before him.  Basically have to make your own service

Moment of the match, Willo taking on a fullback and doing stepovers :lol: never thought i'd see that in my life haha

Shola is totally bossing it today. Think the fact he could be going to the world cup has given him a huge lift.

Mainly, the application we've shown to winning 50-50s against a side we've historically not been as up for the fight against. Well done players/Pardew/coaching/whoever. Really pleasing. I think the confidence factor and wanting to keep things going has a part to play, but very pleasing anyway.

Shola has been great, Remy has done fantastic. Willo commanding at the back! Buzzing.

I actually thought we were pretty average on the whole.... but seeing as it was 2-0 i cannot complain !

It's not an excellent technical display or anything, bit of ring rust, but we're well worth the two goal lead and with our quality I do firmly believe that if we're:

a) competitive;

b) organised; and

c) reasonably fluid in our attack

...then we can face about 60/70% of the league at home and win without much fuss.

It's not an excellent technical display or anything, bit of ring rust, but we're well worth the two goal lead and with our quality I do firmly believe that if we're:

a) competitive;

b) organised; and

c) reasonably fluid in our attack

...then we can face about 60/70% of the league at home and win without much fuss.

All true :thup:

Perhaps secretly my expectations rose a bit because we beat Spurs and Chelsea despite the circumstances being very different.

Also i reckon there's a part of me who wanted to see Anita and Ben Arfa.  :laugh:

Guest firetotheworks

Moment of the match, Willo taking on a fullback and doing stepovers :lol: never thought i'd see that in my life haha

Shola is totally bossing it today. Think the fact he could be going to the world cup has given him a huge lift.

I remember during the 2-0 vs Chelsea in 11/12 Ben Arfa winning the ball back in Willo's position and passing it to Willo on the left wing, who then did a couple of step overs and crossed it in. It was a great moment.