Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I actually think Pardew would be doing better if that happened tbh. You can understand getting beat at Man U & Spurs, or losing at home to Chelsea. If we'd been beating Sunderland, Hull & WBA for example, people would be giving him just as much credit if not even maybe more from our fans.

absolutely, it'd show he was overseeing a sustained way of playing in the team meaning they could compete against the shitter teams instead of huffing and puffing then turning up when the hollywood dollybird teams show up with their TV cameras for mike's shops to hijack

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

I think people come on here and make this management game sound piss easy, like. Why don't we just play exciting football? That simple. There's literally just a handful of managers playing this type of football in the PL and not all of them doing it successfully. Obviously all football fans, managers and players included want to see this type of football, so why do so few even attempt to try and play this way on a regular basis?

Pathetic attempt to defend him yet again. Honestly, absolutely pathetic.

I think people come on here and make this management game sound piss easy, like. Why don't we just play exciting football? That simple. There's literally just a handful of managers playing this type of football in the PL and not all of them doing it successfully. Obviously all football fans, managers and players included want to see this type of football, so why do so few even attempt to try and play this way on a regular basis?

Very few managers would be starting Shola Ameobi ahead of Ben Arfa, I know that.

Pardew is anit-football. I don't think anyone is demanding total football, just football in some form.

I think people come on here and make this management game sound p*ss easy, like. Why don't we just play exciting football? That simple. There's literally just a handful of managers playing this type of football in the PL and not all of them doing it successfully. Obviously all football fans, managers and players included want to see this type of football, so why do so few even attempt to try and play this way on a regular basis?

how many of these other managers you talk about have as many current internationals at their disposal brett?

i don't even think martinez could claim to have as strong a squad overall personally, maybe equivalent across the board, maybe

Their squad is about equal to ours, in fact I'd say ours slightly edges it. Either way the difference in playing style is massive.

Same here. Look at some of the players Pochettino has and the football he gets out of them too :lol:

With Pardew as manager we sometimes play decent possession stuff (much better this season at times), we sometimes play awful and concede goals like a open tap. But in the main we are boring, dull and create f*** all. Have no real forward movement, and have a manager who would rather play players like Shola, Perch and Jonas over players like Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Anita.

And this is my main beef with him, owner aside, as the owner doesn't pick the side or get it to play. If Pardew's thinks that type if football is good (which he does), with the squad at his disposal, well there really is no hope until the c*** and the fucktard owner have gone.

Well summed up, total inconsistency. The lack of drive to start the 2nd half well when a goal up and the lack of desire coming from pardew to finish teams off at 1-0 really gets my goat. It'll always be up and down and the football in general will be poor.

Doesn't matter what standard of players you have, Martinez had Swansea playing that style of football in the lower leagues whilst nearly every other manager was sticking with the 'anti-football', why is this? Genuine question, give me an English manager who plays this brand of exciting football? Hell, if we had one he'd probably in charge of the national team by now if he had excited well enough, instead we have Roy Hodgson, is he another 'anti football' manager?

I’m just saying a lot want us to play a style in which every fan in the country wants to see their club play but very few get to see it. Even the champions of England currently don't get that brand of football and they have internationals probably twice what we do.

Guest bimpy474

With Pardew as manager we sometimes play decent possession stuff (much better this season at times), we sometimes play awful and concede goals like a open tap. But in the main we are boring, dull and create f*** all. Have no real forward movement, and have a manager who would rather play players like Shola, Perch and Jonas over players like Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Anita.

And this is my main beef with him, owner aside, as the owner doesn't pick the side or get it to play. If Pardew's thinks that type if football is good (which he does), with the squad at his disposal, well there really is no hope until the c*** and the fucktard owner have gone.

Well summed up, total inconsistency. The lack of drive to start the 2nd half well when a goal up and the lack of desire coming from pardew to finish teams off at 1-0 really gets my goat. It'll always be up and down and the football in general will be poor.

The football, well it's effective, hence us being 8th but it's so bloody boring in the main. I know the argument goes, performance or results ?. We can have both with our squad but we wont because clown shoes in charge cant do both. I hate shit football, that's not how it should be.

Football to me is about excitement, passing attacking football that brings goals, watching flair players doing great things and working hard too. Hearing the manager talk his team up, not go on about how great the opposition is. A manager when an injury occurs see that as a platform for another player to come in and play well. Not as a reason to excuse the shit football and crap performances he churns out.

Football is not about containment and hope for a bit of magic to nick a game 1-0. It's not having a manager too scared to have a go at mediocre teams like Cardiff. It's not having a manager who bottles derbies, our record in them under him is a disgrace. Cups ? hahahahahaha the results speak for themselves.

I hate him, fucking hate him with all my heart and soul. I hate Fat Sam but Pardew i hate even more, utterly hate him.

He has to have everything in place for the team to perform. All the good players available (and not tired) no euro or other distractions, a full week to prepare...Luck, a bit of 'magic'...Lot of running around..A striker who can score from almost nothing..Not too windy and those rainbow shoelaces.

Genuine question, give me an English manager who plays this brand of exciting football?

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Thanks for that Sherlock, so your realistic answer is 0. You can't think of a single manager from the PL down to League 2 that is worthy of even a mention? This exciting brand of football that every football fan in the country wants to watch yet not one English manager is able to implement that style of play on his side and make it successful.

Genuine question, give me an English manager who plays this brand of exciting football?

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Thanks for that Sherlock, so your realistic answer is 0. You can't think of a single manager from the PL down to League 2 that is worthy of even a mention? This exciting brand of football that every football fan in the country wants to watch yet not one English manager is able to implement that style of play on his side and make it successful.

Redknapp?

For all his billy big balls act Pardew must wake up crying at night at the thought of losing Cabaye.  He's vital to Pardew's tactical plan (notice I didn't use an 's' to indicate plural there kids!) and I would dare suggest pardews tactical plan = cabaye.

I'd say that goes for the majority of the recent first XI tbh. The loss of even one or two absolutely cripples him.

Agree about Cabaye though, life without Debuchy didn't look too clever either.

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Brendan Rodgers and Nigel Adkins without even bothering to think about it dipshit.  Your knowledge of football may be comparable only to your testicles for insignificance but some of us actually watch the game.

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Brendan Rodgers and Nigel Adkins without even bothering to think about it dipshit.  Your knowledge of football may be comparable only to your testicles for insignificance but some of us actually watch the game.

Brenden's Irish

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Brenden's Irish

And northern ireland is part of....

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Redknapp?

He the manager of that QPR side who got relegated, then have went on to score 26 goals in 24 games in the championship? If so, no definitely not.

Wouldn't say they've been playing exciting football even though his squad is a class above most in that division to begin with...anyone else?

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Redknapp?

He the manager of that QPR side who got relegated, then have went on to score 26 goals in 24 games in the championship? If so, no definitely not.

Wouldn't say they've been playing exciting football even though his squad is a class above most in that division to begin with...anyone else?

With our squad he'd play exciting football. That QPR squad was doomed before he joined.

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Brenden's Irish

Scraping the barrel and heading off to Northern Ireland for a talented manager.

Nigel Adkins, fucking hell. You're really backing things up here...

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Brenden's Irish

Britain, not England.

Kevin Keegan

Bobby Robson

Brenden's Irish

Its not part of England anyway and that's what the conversation was about