Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tollemache

Stupidly, I've gone and replied in-line:

That's exactly the point though, who would we get in under Ashley!? You all know damn well we won't go for a well known, 'big name' manager.  It would be another 2nd rate appointment.

I'm no Pardew fan, but I can realise that things could be a lot worse.  Sacking him, would only make the circus and negativity surrounding the club even worse.  Fine, sack him when Ashley has sold the club, I don't see the point until then.

How?

No spending in the summer

Actually asset stripping the club

Bringing in JFK as permanent manager, or any of the very large number of managers with less pedigree than Pardew

Going all-out Allardyce with the style of play, not even trying to do anything else (could argue a manager with a firm philosophy would be better though)

There are quite a few ways really. Not sure I agree unilaterally with the 'no point changing manager if Ashley stays' thing. If Pardew somehow manages to slip to 10th, lose the dressing room in the process etc etc then he should absolutely be invited to leave. It's uncharitable to suggest we'd definitely not bring in someone good - I think it would depend a lot on who happened to be available and to what extent they were prepared to work within certain constraints re transfers etc... But that accounts for most managerial jobs in Europe, not just us. It's only old-fashioned British managers who are used to demanding control over the transfer policy.

No spending in the summer

***I meant this summer. In previous years the team has always improved.

Actually asset stripping the club

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBCpC43Nv6GKcWTqFDFJjOzQvTH5dQeNGHWQeNB16UFlZ_wbn7ng

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUyKRFJiJq4pMHJN8EmE5B-z5QbJrMfIDUSaDHJArDB4tYtc-N

How about money lost from shit like this?

***As above, as long as the team improves I don't give a monkeys whether we spend every penny we receive, in fact it's good to make a profit. If we don't spend this summer, the team will have gotten worse, so I'll be upset.

Bringing in JFK as permanent manager, or any of the very large number of managers with less pedigree than Pardew

You think this bloke has any sort of 'pedigree' in which to be measured against?

The bloke lost 2 play-offs when he was at Reading, lost another at West Ham and binned after their worst run in 70 years, relegated Charlton and had them 11th the following season -

However, Charlton's form very quickly deteriorated and they were near the foot of the table after 8 games without a win. After an inept display in a 5–2 home defeat to Sheffield United hundreds of supporters remained for more than an hour to condemn their manager, chanting, "We want Pardew out" and "We want our club back" after Charlton had slipped into the Championship's bottom three

Shagging around at Southampton, low player moral and finally binned by Cortese. But oh wait, there's the Johnstones paint trophy. Yeah.

***He was in those playoffs to begin with, which is a far better measure of performance. In those examples, about par. He's clearly got a pedigree than a lot of other managers who have never been anywhere near playoffs or indeed the Premier League. That's just too obvious to argue about.

Going all-out Allardyce with the style of play, not even trying to do anything else (could argue a manager with a firm philosophy would be better though)

Since early in the season, Newcastle United have consistently been the biggest long-ball side in the Premier League. With a long ball (over 25 yards) average of 16.1% after 32 games, they lead Stoke (16.0%), Reading (16.0%) and West Ham (14.9%).

At the other extreme, the teams with the lowest percentage are Manchester City (8.1%), Arsenal (8.2%), Manchester United (9.9%) and Swansea (10.1%).

In Newcastle United’s first 32 games of the season, Newcastle United were the bigger long ball side in 27 of those games to five for the opposition. Whilst Newcastle United’s long ball average was 16.1%, the average of all opposition was only 11.8%.

Much has been said about Alan Pardew’s formations, with most fans seemingly preferring a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation over a 4-4-2. This season however, Newcastle United have played managed to play ‘route one’ football in ALL of those formations.

***He's varied his style at times, and there have been times when we've been vaguely good to watch, whatever % of long balls we happen to have played over the period. One of my main gripes about him is that he pulls strategies out of his arse and doesn't appear to care about any particular way of playing. What he certainly isn't is a long-ball fundamentalist like Pulis or Allardyce. I'd almost prefer it if he was tbh.

...with apologies for the bold / not bold mess. Anti-Pardew views are so extreme on here that anyone positioning themselves remotely to the moderate side ends up in the role of Pardew Defender, which is not where I want to be at all. So let's just recap my original point, which is simply that things could be worse than they are, and step calmly away.

Guest reefatoon

Ofcourse he isn't. Who would want to be in a cup final? No value in the cups don't you know.

Exactly, and derby games are so overrated.

Guest reefatoon

Think of all the team building that could have been done in that cup run though http://www.splbassx.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/fap.gif

Naa, the team building in Dubai worked so much better!

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  40s

Pardew hits back at Lambert's pre-match comments:“I think he’s under-estimated our fans. He might regret saying that after the game.” #nufc

:anguish:

What's that anguish face for?

Because as Pardew has proven lately, he hasn't a clue what our fans want or are.

Pardew hits back at Lambert's pre-match comments:“I think he’s under-estimated our fans. He might regret saying that after the game.” #nufc

Because as Pardew has proven lately, he hasn't a clue what our fans want or are.

Pardew doesn't even know what Pardew is.

Guest palnese

Good answer, that.

No its not, it makes him sound like he wouldn't like to be in the cup final

They're still mackems regardless of the cup final.

Oooh! Fighting talk from pards  :mince:

Guest bimpy474

Pardew doesn't even know what Pardew is.

:sadnod:

Let's face it, right now, nobody is gonna regret anything after playing us. :lol: