Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There are some right thick c***s on twitter. Our fans are f***ed.

"But Keegan never won Manager of the Season!"

Please tell me that you're just taking the piss there?

I was channeling said fans.

While I'm not arguing that Pardew is a fantastic manager and deserves no criticism (the Cisse situation is still pissing me off), I think the lack of investment has done more to kill us this season. I don't think it's a coincidence that selling off Cabaye preceded our results turning to s***.

The players are clearly demoralized. It's his job to get that sorted ASAP. He's entirely to blame for not fixing the problem but he didn't cause it, in my opinion. I don't think there's a manager in the league who do well under the current circumstances. However there are plenty who'd be able to stop us getting battered at home. He needs to get that s*** sorted. If he can't then he needs to go.

I view Ashley's board appointment as tentatively positive. I think him sacking JFK and getting more involved with the club is a sign that the last two transfer windows were not acceptable. If we see some investment in the summer then the onus is on Pardew to get the results. A slow start again next season and will mean he needs f***ing off. If we don't get investment in the summer then we're screwed whoever is in charge of picking the team.

Yeah, I think this next window is crucial. Ashley needed to be more hands-on, and there's some hope that some teamwork is going to be restored to the transfer strategy. Kinnear's appointment just created a power vacuum.

Some major changes are needed, and I think the intention is there. We'll have to see whether they can or will deliver, but if they don't, then like you say, Pardew will be toast.

You don't even need a carrot do you? You just imagine one.

I won't go overboard, but suffice to say that I don't think you're the most intelligent poster on this forum.

Luca.

Look at Everton and tell me how they're doing well. Have they had a larger investment than us past seasons? Is Naismith, Stones, Barry (who many called past it at City), Tim Howard and other really top 4 quality players? Osman? No way. They have gotten hold of a great manager and have a much brighter future. We're stuck here mid-table for the unforeseeable future with this guy in charge.

Martinez is a better manager, without question. If he was available I'd sack off Pardew and have him in a second.

But I don't think Pardew is completely f***ing useless. He's probably not worthy of any more time. He hasn't been good enough in what I consider key areas of management; motivating players and getting confidence players, like Cisse, playing consistently well. He's on borrowed time.

He's a mixed bag and nowhere near Martinez in terms of quality. But that wasn't the point I was making. We don't have Martinez nor do we have any real chance of attracting Martinez.

We know Pardew's failings but the club's recruiting failings are just bigger in my opinion. We need a manager who can work around those. At the start it looked like Pardew could. It's becoming increasingly obvious that he can't.

What are his strengths?

He's diplomatic. We see him on TV obviously talking shite, and pisses off the fans because we know he's talking shite, but at the same time he protects the players. He tries to make up shit excuses like blaming "science" or refereeing decisions not just to protect himself, but to protect the players. He's being the anti-Di Canio. He doesn't want to slag them off or slag off the club (and their recruiting policy) because that's toxic.

In previous season it has helped with morale. The players liked him. Limited players like Perch, Williamson, Simpson performed above themselves for him. Players who wanted to leave like Colo and Cabaye were convinced to stick around. When we had bad results we'd bounce back - the battering we took at Fulham a year or two ago sticks in my mind. Our heads didn't stay down.

He appears to have lost that ability now. Maybe it's because the players no longer believe in the bullshit, maybe there's a bad influence in the locker room (I don't know, just speculating), maybe the club losing players like Cabaye has got their heads down, maybe it's a combination of lots of things.

He has his failings, but he does (or did) have an up-side too.

Luca.

Look at Everton and tell me how they're doing well. Have they had a larger investment than us past seasons? Is Naismith, Stones, Barry (who many called past it at City), Tim Howard and other really top 4 quality players? Osman? No way. They have gotten hold of a great manager and have a much brighter future. We're stuck here mid-table for the unforeseeable future with this guy in charge.

Martinez is a better manager, without question. If he was available I'd sack off Pardew and have him in a second.

But I don't think Pardew is completely f***ing useless. He's probably not worthy of any more time. He hasn't been good enough in what I consider key areas of management; motivating players and getting confidence players, like Cisse, playing consistently well. He's on borrowed time.

He's a mixed bag and nowhere near Martinez in terms of quality. But that wasn't the point I was making. We don't have Martinez nor do we have any real chance of attracting Martinez.

We know Pardew's failings but the club's recruiting failings are just bigger in my opinion. We need a manager who can work around those. At the start it looked like Pardew could. It's becoming increasingly obvious that he can't.

What are his strengths?

I've been asking the Pardew supporters this for ages, still haven't got a reply :lol:

Yeah, I think this next window is crucial.

Wayhey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've only had 14 transfer windows since 2007. This next one is the key one imo.

And then the one after that, then the one after that and so on.

Guest firetotheworks

Please tell me that you're just taking the p*ss there?

No, no I know that. I just meant that's not actually been said has it?

He's diplomatic. We see him on TV obviously talking s****, and pisses off the fans because we know he's talking s****, but at the same time he protects the players. He tries to make up s*** excuses like blaming "science" or refereeing decisions not just to protect himself, but to protect the players. He's being the anti-Di Canio. He doesn't want to slag them off or slag off the club (and their recruiting policy) because that's toxic.

In previous season it has helped with morale. The players liked him. Limited players like Perch, Williamson, Simpson performed above themselves for him. Players who wanted to leave like Colo and Cabaye were convinced to stick around. When we had bad results we'd bounce back - the battering we took at Fulham a year or two ago sticks in my mind. Our heads didn't stay down.

He appears to have lost that ability now. Maybe it's because the players no longer believe in the bullshit, maybe there's a bad influence in the locker room (I don't know, just speculating), maybe the club losing players like Cabaye has got their heads down, maybe it's a combination of lots of things.

Delude or gullible?

While I'm not arguing that Pardew is a fantastic manager and deserves no criticism (the Cisse situation is still pissing me off), I think the lack of investment has done more to kill us this season. I don't think it's a coincidence that selling off Cabaye preceded our results turning to s***.

The players are clearly demoralized. It's his job to get that sorted ASAP. He's entirely to blame for not fixing the problem but he didn't cause it, in my opinion. I don't think there's a manager in the league who do well under the current circumstances. However there are plenty who'd be able to stop us getting battered at home. He needs to get that s*** sorted. If he can't then he needs to go.

I view Ashley's board appointment as tentatively positive. I think him sacking JFK and getting more involved with the club is a sign that the last two transfer windows were not acceptable. If we see some investment in the summer then the onus is on Pardew to get the results. A slow start again next season and will mean he needs f***ing off. If we don't get investment in the summer then we're screwed whoever is in charge of picking the team.

http://i.imgur.com/UKStrDb.gif

He's diplomatic. We see him on TV obviously talking s****, and pisses off the fans because we know he's talking s****, but at the same time he protects the players. He tries to make up s*** excuses like blaming "science" or refereeing decisions not just to protect himself, but to protect the players. He's being the anti-Di Canio. He doesn't want to slag them off or slag off the club (and their recruiting policy) because that's toxic.

Delude or gullible?

Neither. It's pretty obvious what he's trying to do as far as I can see. He's trying to be Mourinho... distract and deflect. For a while I think it worked. Now it doesn't.

I don't see what's wrong with that statement.

http://i.imgur.com/UKStrDb.gif

:lol: :lol:

Please tell me that you're just taking the p*ss there?

No, no I know that. I just meant that's not actually been said has it?

I mean, probably. :lol: But no, I don't have a source.

Neither. It's pretty obvious what he's trying to do as far as I can see. He's trying to be Mourinho... distract and deflect. For a while I think it worked. Now it doesn't.

That's a load of bollocks, Pardew isn't clever enough to do a "Mourinho,"  he never has been and never will be.  He's a fraud and you still haven't seen through him.

That's a load of bollocks, Pardew isn't clever enough to do a "Mourinho,"  he never has been and never will be.  He's a fraud and you still haven't seen through him.

???

Nah, you're talking shite.

Whatever you might think of the sleazy, chavvy, git on a personal level he's still a professional football manager, been in the game for years as a manager and a player, has his UEFA licences. I wouldn't trust him on much, but the one thing he has even half a clue about is football.

I don't know if you've ever tried doing any of the coaching badges but they get pretty intensive pretty quickly. What might seem obvious to us isn't going unnoticed by a pro. They're just seeing other things too.

When it comes to football I reckon he knows more than message board Mick (and me).

I don't think he's as good as Mourinho with the psychology stuff. And I think he's lost some of the players. But I'll give him the credit. I think he's trying.

For me the parallels are obvious: find talking points that distract from the players, play down expectations ("we aren't favourites to win the league" while being top of the table), etc.

Calling him thick is just lazy. I think he's done here as a manager. He hasn't been good enough. But he's not thick.

Delude or gullible?

You are joking right?

He's always blaming the players in one way or another.

"we lacked quality"

"We didn't have enough good players on the pitch."

Nah, you're talking s****.

Whatever you might think of the sleazy, chavvy, git on a personal level he's still a professional football manager, been in the game for years as a manager and a player, has his UEFA licences. I wouldn't trust him on much, but the one thing he has even half a clue about is football.

I don't know if you've ever tried doing any of the coaching badges but they get pretty intensive pretty quickly. What might seem obvious to us isn't going unnoticed by a pro. they're just seeing other things too.

When it comes to football I reckon he knows more than message board Mick (and me).

I don't think he's as good as Mourinho with the psychology stuff. And I think he's lost some of the players. But I'll give him the credit. I think he's trying.

For me the parallels are obvious: find talk points that distract from the players, play down expectations ("we aren't favourites to win the league" while being top of the table), etc.

You're beyond help.

I don't know if you've ever tried doing any of the coaching badges but they get pretty intensive pretty quickly. What might seem obvious to us isn't going unnoticed by a pro. they're just seeing other things too.

For me the parallels are obvious: find talk points that distract from the players, play down expectations ("we aren't favourites to win the league" while being top of the table), etc.

You're beyond help.

You're beyond objectivity. It's understandable, our club is fucking depressing. But you're still wrong.

Nah, you're talking shite.

I don't know if you've ever tried doing any of the coaching badges but they get pretty intensive pretty quickly. What might seem obvious to us isn't going unnoticed by a pro. They're just seeing other things too.

For me the parallels are obvious: find talking points that distract from the players, play down expectations ("we aren't favourites to win the league" while being top of the table), etc.

Calling him thick is just lazy. I think he's done here as a manager. He hasn't been good enough. But he's not thick.

Did Pochettino do those coaching badges?

Distract and deflect?! The guy has offers fuck all protection to his players. I'm sure there's been a fair few times throughout his time here that he's actively criticised certain players rather than take responsibility himself.

You're beyond help.

I'm actually speechless, fwiw I'd have "Message Board Mick" over Pardew as manager any day!