Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wonder if he ever listens back to his sound bites and thinks to himself "Fuck me, I'm a bullshitting bastard! How do I get away with it?" Or if he's that self-ignorant that he believes his own lies? Strikes me as being a full on narcissistic prick.

No chance, he's far too devious to not know what he and Mike are achieving together.

Just because the bloke wears glasses occasionally, you're not going to fool me into thinking he's clever enough to be knowingly devious like that. :lol:

The guy's is a good manager in the greater scheme of things, but strikes me as a decent unsubtle reactionary, and not someone with the nous of a Mourinho or a Ferguson to be playing mind games (even on the supporters).

Guest reefatoon

We should be beating them at home regardless of who is boss.  To tell you the truth, I don't think I will ever be won over. Never liked the greasy faced bastard from day one.

I'll never be won over because i now know what he is.

A reactive, limited and negative coach who can only take us so far..... yes the results have been good for the most part but his negative nature means there is a ceiling you will eventually hit.

I want a pro-active, positive coach who isn't limited tactically and Pardew will never be that.

I don't dislike him though, he's just not good enough.

Aye.

I don't really understand what is so hard for some to understand when I say I'm happy with him when he's doing well but would replace him in a heartbeat with any forward thinking manager who can convince me he has the ability to stamp a good footballing philosophy on our squad.

We should be beating them at home regardless of who is boss.  To tell you the truth, I don't think I will ever be won over. Never liked the greasy faced bastard from day one.

Neither will I tbh, I just don't think he has a natural instinct for either passing football or tactics. He reminds me very much of Souness in that regard in that he talks a good game but seems to have no idea how to make it happen. But a win over Sunderland would at least make the rest of the season a bit more enjoyable.

Aye.

I don't really understand what is so hard for some to understand when I say I'm happy with him when he's doing well but would replace him in a heartbeat with any forward thinking manager who can convince me he has the ability to stamp a good footballing philosophy on our squad.

In short, you'd replace him with somebody better?

That's a no brainer.

Would someone better do a better job though?

Jesus Christ :lol:

Seriously, how far do you have to be up Alan Pardews arse to post this sentence with a straight face?

It's a reasonable question. I think we'd struggle to find a better manager who would work under the restrictions placed on Pardew and meet Ashley's liking.

I'm not fan of Pardew but see this as a valid question.

As I said a few weeks ago Ashley and Pardew are perfect for one another. Ashley needs a yes man and that is what he has.

Seriously, how far do you have to be up Alan Pardews arse to post this sentence with a straight face?

It's a reasonable question. I think we'd struggle to find a better manager who would work under the restrictions placed on Pardew and meet Ashley's liking.

Jesus Christ.

I feel I'd be letting someone down if I have to spell this out like.

Would a worse manager do a worse job?

Jesus Christ.

Better or worse manager is not the point. Someone that can work with Ashley and that Ashley wants is the point. The talent of the individual is not the point. Average is acceptable under Ashley and average is what we have.

Any decent manager would last a matter of weeks.

"Restrictions". There'd be tons of managers who'd give their right bollock to work with that squad and manage the players we've signed the last 3-4 years. 

Jesus Christ.

Better or worse manager is not the point.

Well then you're making a new point not related to the posts you're quoting.  :idiot2:

"Restrictions". There'd be tons of managers who'd give their right bollock to work with that squad and manage the players we've signed the last 3-4 years. 

"and meets Ashley's liking".

Quite crucial that bit. The idea that we sack Pardew and instantly upgrade is plain fucking wrong, particularly if what I've been told about our first choice replacement should Pardew leave is true  :pardsgrin:

many would but they're ones all at clubs with tight finances or in lower leagues that doesn't actually mean a better manager would want to work for Ashley.

many would but they're ones all at clubs with tight finances or in lower leagues that doesn't actually mean a better manager would want to work for Ashley.

it depends how you define better. There is probably quite a few managers in lower divisions who could do better given half a chance. Yes men with football brains perhaps.