Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Serious question - if Pardew got sacked would you be happy if we "promoted from within" like Swansea and gave the job to this man...

http://i4.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article1353549.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/shola-ameobi-at-the-controls-of-the-digger-at-monkchester-recreation-ground-below-children-from-st-vincent-s-school-and-monkchester-nursery--1353549.jpg

If I'm completely honest I the only managerial appointment that would make me happier would be Ketsbaia.

I know it was a tongue in cheek question and I have no idea about his managerial ability (obviously) but Shola is quite an intelligent bloke isn't he? No-one will know more about the club either and he has some experience in beating mackems which would be nice.

I reckon he will be here for a long time yet, even if not as a player.

Serious question - if Pardew got sacked would you be happy if we "promoted from within" like Swansea and gave the job to this man...

http://i4.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article1353549.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/shola-ameobi-at-the-controls-of-the-digger-at-monkchester-recreation-ground-below-children-from-st-vincent-s-school-and-monkchester-nursery--1353549.jpg

If I'm completely honest I the only managerial appointment that would make me happier would be Ketsbaia.

What I want to know is which lumbering equipment is operating the other one?

What I want to know is which lumbering equipment is operating the other one?

:lol: Genuine giggles.

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/premier-league-player-salaries-club-by-club/

More evidence for the fact that we are roughly the 8th strongest team in the division. Not that we really need more evidence because it really is embarrassingly obvious.

What a divvy, we might as well not bother playing football, we should just look at everything at the beginning of the season and award league places at that time based on how much teams pay in wages.

You've got to be taking the piss, if only for your own credibility.

Guest tollemache

More evidence for the fact that we are roughly the 8th strongest team in the division. Not that we really need more evidence because it really is embarrassingly obvious.

What a divvy, we might as well not bother playing football, we should just look at everything at the beginning of the season and award league places at that time based on how much teams pay in wages.

That's pretty much how it always turns out, yep. In every league ever. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make and I don't think you are either.

That's pretty much how it always turns out, yep. In every league ever. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make and I don't think you are either.

Last season Everton finished 6th, the season before we were 5th, 2 seasons before that Villa were 6th and we were playing in the Championship.  Virtually every season teams do better and worse than expected and better or worse than wages would suggest they'd finish.

Guest tollemache

You've confused specific examples with a statistical trend there. Yes there is deviation but the pattern is that the teams finish pretty much in order of financial strength / wage bill. Christ, this is basic stuff. You think I was saying that all leagues finish exactly in order of their wage bill every year?

This equals a statistical trend does it? Pointless thing to talk about. Stevie Wonder could see what Mick's point was.

What a load of shit. Every league, don't talk about things you clearly have no idea about.

Guest tollemache

OK then: every professional football league for which stats have been collected. That better? If there's an exception out there, it's yet to make waves in the statto community and it bloody well would.

Guest tollemache

This equals a statistical trend does it? Pointless thing to talk about. Stevie Wonder could see what Mick's point was.

Yes, it's a trend. There is a VERY strong known correlation between wage bill and league position. Really strong - far beyond question.

If you want to take it back to a more practical, short term level though: do you think Newcastle should be expected to finish above any of Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool? That was the original point.

OK then: every professional football league for which stats have been collected. That better? If there's an exception out there, it's yet to make waves in the statto community and it bloody well would.

:lol:

Don't know why anyone wastes a single second of their existence arguing with this utter clip.

Just realized that. Hadn't read all the previous posts so had to go through them...

Guest tollemache

"They tend to" "That's pretty much..."

These are ways of saying "there's a correlation", no? "Generally, that's how it pans out". Don't know how much clearer I could've been.

And yes, I'd love it if we played nice football, even if I think it'd have roughly zero effect on our league position. It'd be nice.

Guest tollemache

:lol:

What? You think there are professional leagues out there in which the more expensively assembled teams don't do better?