Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tollemache

Ronaldo: a loanee is still a player who comes and plays for your team. If they leave and we don't replace them, THEN it's bad. We may yet sign both permanently.

r0cafella: No, the reason I'm saying September is because every one of the lineups I posted was from a September fixture you numpty. I'm just measuring our progress at regular intervals.

Blimpy: Yep, that we've signed 2 loanees rather than full signings is a departure. It's not dead yet though, if we take one or both on permanently and make another signing or two. I really think we will.

Called a numpty be a person who believes we have a viable transfer policy and a manager who is fit for purpose :D

We've a transfer policy that is working so far and an average manager, and you're at least a bit of a numpty.

There is no way in the world we will sign 3 or 4 player permanently in the summer, not unless Ashley goes mental.

Or we are in danger of relegation.

I think it's much more likely we get 1 or 2 over the line in the summer and see how it goes until January.

Oh right,  just like last summer when we only bought in Anita

I have no idea, but I hope if they get out they get out at a nice tasty profit we can spend on their replacement.

Will the profit be used significantly upgrade the first team or will it be bargains shoehorned into the first team regardless of need or tactics?

Guest tollemache

There is no way in the world we will sign 3 or 4 player permanently in the summer, not unless Ashley goes mental.

Hmmm I think it'd be roughly consistent with what we've done so far. TBH I don't care if they're loans or full signings as long as they play for us, but seeing as we're so all about resale value, I'd expect full signings.

I have no idea, but I hope if they get out they get out at a nice tasty profit we can spend on their replacement.

Well I'll tell you. All of them. They see the club as nothing more than a stepping stone in the PL shop window.

Guest tollemache

Will the profit be used significantly upgrade the first team or will it be bargains shoehorned into the first team regardless of need or tactics?

I think the team will be upgraded in much the same way as it has been for the past 3 years, or at least that will be the intention.

Guest tollemache

Well I'll tell you. All of them. They see the club as nothing more than a stepping stone in the PL shop window.

That's fine. There are clubs bigger than us who I'm sure they'd love to play for. That's our lot - we're not Real Madrid. Important thing is that we get a good deal, and spend the money wisely.

Guest bimpy474

Or we are in danger of relegation.

I think it's much more likely we get 1 or 2 over the line in the summer and see how it goes until January.

Oh right,  just like last summer when we only bought in Anita

We're fucked right now, Cisse will be our only striker and he's awful. So we need at least 3 strikers. We need a replacement for Cabaye and a CB as well. 5 players minimum, not going to happen but still people use the old, the next window is vital. We simply wont pay the going rate and will carry on with what we have.

What amazes me is people still dont see it.

That's fine. There are clubs bigger than us who I'm sure they'd love to play for. That's our lot - we're not Real Madrid. Important thing is that we get a good deal, and spend the money wisely.

The ole Real Madrid straw man. :lol:

Ronaldo: a loanee is still a player who comes and plays for your team. If they leave and we don't replace them, THEN it's bad. We may yet sign both permanently.

r0cafella: No, the reason I'm saying September is because every one of the lineups I posted was from a September fixture you numpty. I'm just measuring our progress at regular intervals.

Blimpy: Yep, that we've signed 2 loanees rather than full signings is a departure. It's not dead yet though, if we take one or both on permanently and make another signing or two. I really think we will.

Called a numpty be a person who believes we have a viable transfer policy and a manager who is fit for purpose :D

We've a transfer policy that is working so far and an average manager, and you're at least a bit of a numpty.

Which transfer policy is that?

The one which allows us to buy players when we are in danger of relegation? Or the one which means we sell our best players because we can't match their ambition?

Average in which regard? In the special Olympics maybe? I know you aren't calling Pardew a average premier league manager?

I think the team will be upgraded in much the same way as it has been for the past 3 years, or at least that will be the intention.

Like it was last season, where we bought no-one and were nearly relegated? :lol:

Guest tollemache

What are you saying then, that we should expect our players not to want to play for bigger clubs? That players who sign for Newcastle should see it as the ceiling of their ambitions? There's nothing wrong with players joining us hoping to do well and move to a massive club.

What are you saying then, that we should expect our players not to want to play for bigger clubs? That players who sign for Newcastle should see it as the ceiling of their ambitions? There's nothing wrong with players joining us hoping to do well and move to a massive club.

We are a massive club, Ashley and Pardews propaganda has certainly worked on you 

Guest tollemache

Like it was last season, where we bought no-one and were nearly relegated? :lol:

Look at my post with the 3 years of lineups, and tell me what accounts for that improvement, if not our transfer policy.

Guest tollemache

We are a massive club, Ashley and Pardews propaganda has certainly worked on you

We're in the Champions League every year are we then? Win lots of trophies do we? Pay players £200k p/w I suppose? Shut the utter fuck up.

If the club showed ambition then the players might want to stay. Cabaye was told we were targeting champions league. Our goal should and can be 4th (along with Liv, Spurs and Everton). When we finished 5th that was the time to build on the foundations, not tread water as we continue doing (while banking transfer and tv money).

Let's shift gears and discuss his tactics. Any managers meat and drink.

Trollemache what do you think of Pardew tactic gems which consists of.

Not attacking until the 70th minute

Or how about the floated set pieces we lump to the back post?

Or that ocean of space in front of our back 4 the opposition has to play in week in week out?

Guest bimpy474

Look at my post with the 3 years of lineups, and tell me what accounts for that improvement, if not our transfer policy.

What part of that doesn't work anymore is hard to grasp. Hasn't the last year told you that. Clubs wont deal with us, they see us coming.

Tell me, how will we buy players if we are unwilling to pay what the clubs want.

We've definitely made some quality signings, and it wasn't so long ago most people grudgingly accepted our policy was alright. Question is why the signings dried up recently, which (as with anything Ashley does) is pretty hard to predict. It could be because he's decided we won't spend any more money ever, it could be because he actually believed Kinnear was capable of doing deals. It could be loads of things, quite hard to say IMO.

Guest tollemache

Cabaye was going to go when a big club came in, full stop. If we'd squeezed into the Champions League then maybe he'd have put it off for a year. There's just no way we were about to suddenly become a club who got CL football every year, which is what he has now, no matter how much we spent.

We're in the Champions League every year are we then? Win lots of trophies do we? Pay players £200k p/w I suppose? Shut the utter f*** up.

If thats your level of support then go and support a team to match your ambitions and leave this club to the true fans

I used to think we act no bigger than Wigan these days, but then Wigan tried to win the cup.