Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tollemache

Let's shift gears and discuss his tactics. Any managers meat and drink.

Trollemache what do you think of Pardew tactic gems which consists of.

Not attacking until the 70th minute

Or how about the floated set pieces we lump to the back post?

Or that ocean of space in front of our back 4 the opposition has to play in week in week out?

I agree he's often too negative.

Not working on set pieces for a year or two just puzzled the fuck out of me. Really bizarre. WTF

Not sure what you mean about the ocean of space necessarily as not so long ago we had a great run of form that was built on our compactness and ability to press as a team, so clearly that's not a chronic problem.

Overall, tactically, I think he's average. Nothing great, lacking in imagination. From time to time we've got something going, but never fashioned an identity of any kind. Tactically he's workmanlike, a damp squib.

Guest bimpy474

I have no idea, but I hope if they get out they get out at a nice tasty profit we can spend on their replacement.

Well I'll tell you. All of them. They see the club as nothing more than a stepping stone in the PL shop window.

That's fine. There are clubs bigger than us who I'm sure they'd love to play for. That's our lot - we're not Real Madrid. Important thing is that we get a good deal, and spend the money wisely.

The ole Real Madrid straw man. :lol:

What are you saying then, that we should expect our players not to want to play for bigger clubs? That players who sign for Newcastle should see it as the ceiling of their ambitions? There's nothing wrong with players joining us hoping to do well and move to a massive club.

We are a massive club, Ashley and Pardews propaganda has certainly worked on you 

I used to think we act no bigger than Wigan these days, but then Wigan tried to win the cup.

And are defending it quite well, and all that after being in the Europa Leauge and a 46 game league campaign.

Pardew would have a nervous breakdown.

Guest tollemache

I have no idea, but I hope if they get out they get out at a nice tasty profit we can spend on their replacement.

Well I'll tell you. All of them. They see the club as nothing more than a stepping stone in the PL shop window.

That's fine. There are clubs bigger than us who I'm sure they'd love to play for. That's our lot - we're not Real Madrid. Important thing is that we get a good deal, and spend the money wisely.

What are you saying then, that we should expect our players not to want to play for bigger clubs? That players who sign for Newcastle should see it as the ceiling of their ambitions? There's nothing wrong with players joining us hoping to do well and move to a massive club.

We are a massive club, Ashley and Pardews propaganda has certainly worked on you

We're in the Champions League every year are we then? Win lots of trophies do we? Pay players £200k p/w I suppose? Shut the utter f*** up.

If thats your level of support then go and support a team to match your ambitions and leave this club to the true fans

Level of support, eh? This isn't a question of support, it's a question of having the remotest grip on reality. We're not in the Champions League and we don't win trophies. Other clubs consistently do these things so players will want to join them. You're a nutcase.

Or that ocean of space in front of our back 4 the opposition has to play in week in week out?

Not working on set pieces for a year or two just puzzled the f*** out of me. Really bizarre. WTF

Not sure what you mean about the ocean of space necessarily as not so long ago we had a great run of form that was built on our compactness and ability to press as a team, so clearly that's not a chronic problem.

Overall, tactically, I think he's average. Nothing great, lacking in imagination. From time to time we've got something going, but never fashioned an identity of any kind. Tactically he's workmanlike, a damp squib.

If that's your belief I give up.

Guest tollemache

Cabaye was going to go when a big club came in, full stop. If we'd squeezed into the Champions League then maybe he'd have put it off for a year. There's just no way we were about to suddenly become a club who got CL football every year, which is what he has now, no matter how much we spent.

And there you go again :lol: which is it? Spend money and get champions league /league placing or not. You talk so much drivel man, if we spent man city money we'd be in the champions league. Just as they are, and Chelsea

We don't have the option to spend that much money. Let me rephrase then: "...no matter how much of OUR money we spent without totally fucking ourselves over"

Guest tollemache

Not working on set pieces for a year or two just puzzled the f*** out of me. Really bizarre. WTF

You think it's outrageous that I think Pardew is an unremarkable tactician? Because you wanted me to say "I have never in my life seen anyone as tactically useless as the idiot Alan Pardew, who has no clue whatsoever how to assemble a football team", something like that? And anything less harsh is insane?

Guest tollemache

He doesn't know anything about tactics. He doesn't know anything about football. Stop giving him the attention he craves ffs.

Saying Pardew is nowt special tactically is attention seeking? You'd think I'd said he was the next Helenio Herrera or something. Jesus. Actual Jesus. Fuck

You think it's outrageous that I think Pardew is an unremarkable tactician? Because you wanted me to say "I have never in my life seen anyone as tactically useless as the idiot Alan Pardew, who has no clue whatsoever how to assemble a football team", something like that? And anything less harsh is insane?

You called us compact yet we've conceded the same as Sunderland this year.

He's tactically poor and thats with him bringing every player back any time someone has a go at us.

We're in the Champions League every year are we then? Win lots of trophies do we? Pay players £200k p/w I suppose? Shut the utter f*** up.

If thats your level of support then go and support a team to match your ambitions and leave this club to the true fans

Level of support, eh? This isn't a question of support, it's a question of having the remotest grip on reality. We're not in the Champions League and we don't win trophies. Other clubs consistently do these things so players will want to join them. You're a nutcase.

Not a nutcase just a true fan that wants an owner to match our loyalty and passion, I couldn't give a shite about balance sheets its team sheets that concerns me..........

Guest tollemache

No, I said we'd had a run of good form that was based on compactness and pressing. You have to read and respond to the actual words I write.

It's true. For a while earlier in the season we were very hard to play through. Before that we were shit, and now we seem to be quite shit again.

Maybe you should practice what you preach, just a thought.

Guest tollemache

Cabaye was going to go when a big club came in, full stop. If we'd squeezed into the Champions League then maybe he'd have put it off for a year. There's just no way we were about to suddenly become a club who got CL football every year, which is what he has now, no matter how much we spent.

And there you go again :lol: which is it? Spend money and get champions league /league placing or not. You talk so much drivel man, if we spent man city money we'd be in the champions league. Just as they are, and Chelsea

We don't have the option to spend that much money. Let me rephrase then: "...no matter how much of OUR money we spent without totally f***ing ourselves over"

:lol: our money as in solely income generated by the club, any point Ashely being here then? We DO have the option we just choose not to. How is it hard for you to grasp, bottom 4 net spend over the past 5 years Us/Everton/Arsenal/Spurs.

Er... yeah. 4 clubs being run quite well then, in terms of transfers, and they've all done quite well, without making enormous leaps and bounds or having a full-on tilt at the title. In that time our squad has improved loads. What's your point?

Ashley isn't there to pump loads of his own money in and have a cheeky tilt at the title no matter what the cost. Nor is Levy, nor is Kenwright. They're there to run the club as a business, so that it progresses. That is how you run a football club.

Guest tollemache

7 Clean sheets all season on a Par with Sunderland and Hull.

Some compactness that.

From about early October til Christmas we played pretty well and got good results. Anyone with eyes during that good run could see that we were winning games by working hard and denying teams space. If it turns out you genuinely don't have eyes then I apologise

Some compactness that.

From about early October til Christmas we played pretty well and got good results. Anyone with eyes during that good run could see that we were winning games by working hard and denying teams space. If it turns out you genuinely don't have eyes then I apologise

And since Christmas...

Guest tollemache

Maybe you should practice what you preach, just a thought.

Love your work

Guest tollemache

Some compactness that.

And since Christmas...

...we've been pretty shit.

Some compactness that.

And since Christmas...

...we've been pretty s***.

Mainly due to...

Guest tollemache

Some compactness that.

And since Christmas...

Mainly due to...

...playing Arsenal and Man City, not having some key players and just not playing very well.

Some compactness that.

And since Christmas...

Mainly due to...

...playing Arsenal and Man City, not having some key players and just not playing very well.

Sorry, the answer is Alan Pardew. Better luck next time.

We've definitely made some quality signings, and it wasn't so long ago most people grudgingly accepted our policy was alright. Question is why the signings dried up recently, which (as with anything Ashley does) is pretty hard to predict. It could be because he's decided we won't spend any more money ever, it could be because he actually believed Kinnear was capable of doing deals. It could be loads of things, quite hard to say IMO.

What, "most people grudgingly accepted our policy was alright"?

Ner, people believed our transfer model might have been good until it became apparent that we had little interest in building a great squad and would only purchase players if we could get them on the cheap. The was no begrudged acceptance, why even say that? :lol: