Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It really shows how much interest Ashley has lost. He sacked Fat Sam because the football was awful, hires KK and treats him like s*** and wonders why he got stick. Got luckyish with Hughton getting us up. Appoints this idiot and doesn't care what the football is like now.

Not sure about that, I always thought Allardyce got the sack because of the dross he bought in the previous transfer window. Very little residual value and all that. I genuinely doubt Ashley could tell the difference between the football styles of Guardiola and Pulis.

It really shows how much interest Ashley has lost. He sacked Fat Sam because the football was awful, hires KK and treats him like s*** and wonders why he got stick. Got luckyish with Hughton getting us up. Appoints this idiot and doesn't care what the football is like now.

Not sure about that, I always thought Allardyce got the sack because of the dross he bought in the previous transfer window. Very little residual value and all that. I genuinely doubt Ashley could tell the difference between the football styles of Guardiola and Pulis.

Ashley didn't sack Allardyce, he just agreed to him being peddled and it had nothing to do with transfers and everything to do with results.  It's just a pity we don't sack for the same reason now.

It would take Ashley to actually watch a match to decipher what kind of football we play. We know he only uses us as a billboard for his shitty brand but surely he'd rather have his brand displayed on a decent billboard and not a shit stained rag hanging in NE1?

There's got to be some kind of corroboration between brand and quality (not that his brand has any) but it's hardly a glowing illustration of his business acumen.

It would take Ashley to actually watch a match to decipher what kind of football we play. We know he only uses us as a billboard for his shitty brand but surely he'd rather have his brand displayed on a decent billboard and not a shit stained rag hanging in NE1?

There's got to be some kind of corroboration between brand and quality (not that his brand has any) but it's hardly a glowing illustration of his business acumen.

It wouldn't matter a jot if he watched us play more regular because as we've seen with his decisions,  what Ashley knows about football you could fit on a postage stamp and still have room for the Lord's prayer.

Guest bimpy474

I'm sure it was for the crap football, and losing football. At the time i think that's why he went for KK. He had the 90's style and results in his mind. I'm only guessing at that but it did seem at the time Ashley was into it. Then imo he surrounded himself with people like Wise and it went tits up (as it was always going to, as it was a dumass decision). Now he's bitter about the stick he got and is as resentful as you can get.

It's just my opinion on it tbh.

It would take Ashley to actually watch a match to decipher what kind of football we play. We know he only uses us as a billboard for his shitty brand but surely he'd rather have his brand displayed on a decent billboard and not a s*** stained rag hanging in NE1?

It wouldn't matter a jot if he watched us play more regular because as we've seen with his decisions,  what Ashley knows about football you could fit on a postage stamp and still have room for the Lord's prayer.

Tbf Stevie Wonder could see how toothlessly shite we are.

Guest bimpy474

I tell you what i'm worried about this summer, we need at least 5 players imo. Now whether Ashley will allow that is obviously debatable. But my massive worry is if we let this fucking idiot choose the players.

I'm 100% certain he would prefer, James Tompkins over MYM etc. I truly dread to think what players would come in if he had his way.

I tell you what i'm worried about this summer, we need at least 5 players imo. Now whether Ashley will allow that is obviously debatable. But my massive worry is if we let this fucking idiot choose the players.

I'm 100% certain he would prefer, James Tompkins over MYM etc. I truly dread to think what players would come in if he had his way.

Of course he would. He prefers Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson over MYM so I'd say it's a given.

Assuming Pardew isn't going anywhere, which would be preferable?

A. Continue to bring in foreign players he is unwilling or unable to use correctly in the hope things click. eg Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

B. Bring in more players with domestic experience, almost certainly of lower quality but that he can probably work with effectively. eg James Tomkins.

Genuine question, because I'm not sure. Obviously as a general rule I want to see more talented players, but what's the point if they don't play or just play badly and we're losing matches left, right and centre?

I tell you what i'm worried about this summer, we need at least 5 players imo. Now whether Ashley will allow that is obviously debatable. But my massive worry is if we let this f***ing idiot choose the players.

I can't imagine Ashley allowing Pardew to buy any players, it's not about what players we need, it's about who we can get at a knock down price with a view to making a profit. Besides Ashley has been burned by allowing the wrong people to be in charge of transfers (in his eyes) before.

Guest bimpy474

A. Continue to bring in foreign players he is unwilling or unable to use correctly in the hope things click. eg Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

B. Bring in more players with domestic experience of lower quality but that he can probably work with effectively. eg James Tomkins.

Genuine question, because I'm not sure. Obviously as a general rule I want to see more talented players, but what's the point if they don't play or just play badly?

If we go with what Pardew wants we will definitely go down. There was a reason he was a failed League One manager, he's rank bad. I think the players he's been given have kept him in the job longer than he should have been, due to their skill.

You bring in bog standard cloggers like what he wants, then we will never have any of the magic he so likes. And how awful would we be to watch, we're fucking terrible now as it is.

Guest bimpy474

I tell you what i'm worried about this summer, we need at least 5 players imo. Now whether Ashley will allow that is obviously debatable. But my massive worry is if we let this f***ing idiot choose the players.

I can't imagine Ashley allowing Pardew to buy any players, it's not about what players we need, it's about who we can get at a knock down price with a view to making a profit. Besides Ashley has been burned by allowing the wrong people to be in charge of transfers (in his eyes) before.

Aye, funnily enough if we do buy i would rather Ashley went with Carr's bargains.

B. Bring in more players with domestic experience, almost certainly of lower quality but that he can probably work with effectively. eg James Tomkins.

Genuine question, because I'm not sure. Obviously as a general rule I want to see more talented players, but what's the point if they don't play or just play badly and we're losing matches left, right and centre?

A. Bring in quality, skilful foreign players that he can't/won't use and finally sack him for his incompetence and inability to improve said players whilst doing nothing but devaluing Ashley's investments. Is that an option?

I thought Pardew had a say with Carr over transfers,  when we last made some.

*resisted the urge to use ancient names to poke fun at our non existent transfer policy.

I don't believe he'd be any better with the latter. His gameplan here has always been to keep it tight and bank on the talent having "magic" in their boots. Take away the magic and what's left?

Literally can't think of anything worse than buying players Alan Pardew wants and I include genocide in that.

A. I think with those we can still get 8th-ish in spite of Pardew. Go down route B. and we're going down.

I don't believe he'd be any better with the latter. His gameplan here has always been to keep it tight and bank on the talent having "magic" in their boots. Take away the magic and what's left?

Literally can't think of anything worse than buying players Alan Pardew wants and I include genocide in that.

:lol:

I laugh because such a statement must be a joke then it dawns on me I agree 100% Pardew being allowed to buy his players will relegate us

I'd rather see good players used badly than poor players used well.

Just occasionally under Pardew things have clicked and the players have put together a few minutes of play that's genuinely enjoyable to watch.  Italy in 2008 were a technically brilliant team that simply didn't concede goals, it was somewhat fascinating to watch players play horrible football so well but if I had watch it week after week I'd lose all interest in the game.

@RobScanlon_TV

Interviewed Yoan Gouffran today who said Alan Pardew was as angry as he's seen him in the dressing room after the Spurs defeat

At himself, I hope.

Of course not. He's never to blame. Silly.