Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I thought the lineup was good. No idea why we were rubbish for so much of the 1st half but there you go, we were. We might well have turned it around without the sending offs but, for me, this way is better. Players won't be tired, they'll be fresh and confident for Arsenal.

:lol:

It's also Martinez' first season.

EDIT: What mrmojorisin said :lol:

Aye, but you could look at it in such a way that hes also gone to a pretty settled & well set up side already. Far more consistant than we've been over the years.

The first teams are close, but i reckon they shade it. Certainly looking at results alone, is Martinez deserving of so much praise over Pards given the 1 point difference? He may improve them further, but he is using more loans to achieve it also & our football has been improved aswell.

That said i do think he is the better manager but its interesting to consider. Easier to praise managers from the outside isnt it.

But Martinez hasn't nearly relegated a squad of this caliber. He also won the FA cup with an abysmal one. Then obviously there's the enjoyment of watching a side playing what I would consider "good football".

There's far more than just looking at a table and saying "what's the difference between the 2 of them then?" There will undoubtedly be an element of fool's gold looking from the outside, but most things about Martinez and Everton to me suggests he would be my preferred manager.

Id also say some of the stuff we've played recently has matched anything they've come up with.

Not a chance. Just because we play the ball along the ground a bit more people seem to think Pardew has transformed us into an attacking team. We still rely on 'moments of magic' to score goals, our transitional play is laborious and our attacking strategy often amounts to little more than swinging it into the box as soon as we reach the final third. Unlike Everton and the rest of the top teams, our players still seem unwilling to attack in numbers, presumably on Pardew's instruction. He is still holding us back.

Brett, you make it canny hard to have a proper conversation with you about these things like.

Aye when things like 'Pardew makes it so fucking easy for opposition managers' comes along. Piss take. Results have suggested otherwise and the league table is looking lovely yet people are still trying shoot him down. Pathetic.

They should be far & away from us, but they're not.

eh, we're 6 points off top aren't we?

Yeah. Where would they be without a loss to Sunderland, 0-0 against Palace, Cardiff & West Brom. Failing to score against those 4 with the players he has is not top class is it? You can find their & his faults as we do with Pards. Its easier to ignore them when you focus on the good that you see.

Guest firetotheworks

Brett, you make it canny hard to have a proper conversation with you about these things like.

Aye when things like 'Pardew makes it so f***ing easy for opposition managers' comes along. p*ss take. Results have suggested otherwise and the league table is looking lovely yet people are still trying shoot him down. Pathetic.

No one is criticising the results or league table though. :lol: People don't like the way that he has us playing football. It's as simple as that.

Aye when things like 'Pardew makes it so fucking easy for opposition managers' comes along. Piss take. Results have suggested otherwise and the league table is looking lovely yet people are still trying shoot him down. Pathetic.

jesus christ dude, we know results have been good - as they were when we finished 5th - the point is performances have not (at home) and this will catch us up again

can you please deal with this premise brett?  why don't you fucking try that, deal with that...talk about it like someone who understands football and tell me how struggling in almost every home game is ever going to lead to success in the long term

and by the way, that's shit performances with pretty much an entire first team squad available for the season so far...

Aye when things like 'Pardew makes it so f***ing easy for opposition managers' comes along. p*ss take. Results have suggested otherwise and the league table is looking lovely yet people are still trying shoot him down. Pathetic.

No one is criticising the results or league table though. :lol: People don't like the way that he has us playing football. It's as simple as that.

So how does not liking his style of football turn into make life so easy for opposing managers? If he gets results with a style of football you're not fond of, it doesn't mean to say other managers find it so easy against him. Jose got a rotten game of football at the Emirates but he got the point he went for, are there fans arsed, probably not because they got a canny point. You can moan about the style of football your sides playing but if it gets positive results, that’s the main thing.

Yeah. Where would they be without a loss to Sunderland, 0-0 against Palace, Cardiff & West Brom. Failing to score against those 4 with the players he has is not top class is it? You can find their & his faults as we do with Pards. Its easier to ignore them when you focus on the good that you see.

no sorry, tell me how everton should be far and awayy from us when man city, arsenal, chelsea etc. aren't please

no sorry, tell me how everton should be far and awayy from us when man city, arsenal, chelsea etc. aren't please

Eh? I just explained it to you  :lol: You havent contradicted me, you're just stating that other clubs/managers have had their issues to - which i fully agree with.

Guest firetotheworks

So how does not liking his style of football turn into make life so easy for opposing managers? If he gets results with a style of football you're not fond of, it doesn't mean to say other managers find it so easy against him. Jose got a rotten game of football at the Emirates but he got the point he went for, are there fans arsed, probably not because they got a canny point. You can moan about the style of football your sides playing but if it gets positive results, that’s the main thing.

There's a slight difference between doing it away to Arsenal and doing it at home to Stoke. No, I don't want us to win ugly and yes, I do care how we win to an extent. I don't believe that the way that we're winning is going to lead to any success in the long term.

Eh? I just explained it to you  :lol: You havent contradicted me, you're just stating that other clubs/managers have had their issues to - which i fully agree with.

why should i be contradicting you?  you said they should be far and away from us, i'm wondering how you came to that conclusion

I don't think he makes it "easy" for other managers this season like, atleast no more than other (better) managers have made it for us. He makes it harder for himself though.

brett misquoting again by the way, i never said pardew makes it easy for other managers

:lol: ah right sorry. I should be wiser than this.

There's a slight difference between doing it away to Arsenal and doing it at home to Stoke. No, I don't want us to win ugly and yes, I do care how we win to an extent. I don't believe that the way that we're winning is going to lead to any success in the long term.

He done it at home to Swansea yesterday fwiw.

If we keep going like this and picking up points, i'll not be one to complain. We've played some really good football this season and we are looking strong. Hopeful we can keep pushing on.

If we keep going like this and picking up points, i'll not be one to complain. We've played some really good football this season and we are looking strong. Hopeful we can keep pushing on.

:thup:

I don't think he makes it "easy" for other managers this season like, atleast no more than other (better) managers have made it for us. He makes it harder for himself though.

brett misquoting again by the way, i never said pardew makes it easy for other managers

:lol: ah right sorry. I should be wiser than this.

it must be so f***ing easy for the opposition manager

So easy that only one manager has managed to take 3 points from SJP...

why should i be contradicting you?  you said they should be far and away from us, i'm wondering how you came to that conclusion

If Martinez is that much better than Pardew, he should be doing better than Pardew? Theres 1 point difference, its all well and good predicting how long that will last but at the moment they are getting equal levels of results & are respected at very different levels on here. Just as you can find Pardews faults, you can find Martinez's.

All managers have issues. Man City's manager cannot get them motivated for away games, Jose sent away their best striker & then moans about lack of striking options when he barely gives Ba a proven prem striker a chance, Martinez is not getting the best from Lukaku. Our manager takes off Anita whos absolutely mint & is overly negative in 2nd halves etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

As much as I love Ben Arfa, the balance of the side is better with Sissoko on the right, Goufran left and Cabaye and Tiote in the centre. The only role up for grabs should be up top alongside Remy. Me, I think a beast of a CF up there would make us even more balanced. Ben Arfa up there doesn't work, Ben Arfa wide right does work but only when the brilliance of his sheer individualism happens. When that's not happening though we are nothing down that right. Notably with Sissoko there Debuchy plays much better too.

4-4-2 is the best way forward with us under Pardew using the players the way he does, as evidenced by our results. I say we try and stick to that as much as possible, even if it means quality players like Ben Arfa and Anita missing out. The team is more important than the individual.

What we have is lots of very good individuals who are not all ideally suited to the way Pardew wants to set us up. Sissoko is not a CM, Ben Arfa is not a CF. Remy isn't neither mind and that is one of the reasons why he has went off the boil lately.

We badly need a mobile, strong, focal point in the centre up front.

That and a proper left winger option from the bench would make us even more of a force.

If Martinez is that much better than Pardew, he should be doing better than Pardew? Theres 1 point difference, its all well and good predicting how long that will last but at the moment they are getting equal levels of results & are respected at very different levels on here. Just as you can find Pardews faults, you can find Martinez's.

All managers have issues. Man City's manager cannot get them motivated for away games, Jose sent away their best striker & then moans about lack of striking options when he barely gives Ba a proven prem striker a chance, Martinez is not getting the best from Lukaku. Our manager takes off Anita whos absolutely mint & is overly negative in 2nd halves etc.

you're repeating yourself, martinez took over at a new club 5 months ago, drafted in half a new team and is within a point or so of pardew

read into that what you fucking will

Guest firetotheworks

Mourinho isn't exactly the best example to use on me anyway considering that I hate the matches that he's involved in against other top teams.

I don't think that we've played really good football, but if you're satisfied then that's fine for you. I'm delighted with the results and I've seen bits here and there where we've played decent stuff, but I think we're capable of this anyway and can play better football. I don't like the way that Pardew usually sets us up. It's really that simple.