Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have no idea why some follow football, they clearly get no enjoyment from it :lol:

"Okay we have a lot of points, we are ahead of Man Utd & Spurs, only 6 points off the leaders at Xmas but, but, but, well they all play better football than us!". Give up, seriously. You are never going to enjoy this sport, try cricket or something.

Have no idea why some follow football, they clearly get no enjoyment from it :lol:

"Okay we have a lot of points, we are ahead of Man Utd & Spurs, only 6 points off the leaders at Xmas but, but, but, well they all play better football than us!". Give up, seriously. You are never going to enjoy this sport, try cricket or something.

:lol: Spot on, like.

Eh, who's this like? :lol:

The ones who say, i've got no complaints with the league table but our performances are shit.

Horrifically condescending like :lol:

There's a difference between getting no enjoyment out of something (nobody has even hinted at this at all this season) and identifying ways that you believe you could get more enjoyment out of something, and ultimately in this case what you believe would also lead to more success from the team.

I noticed Inochi doesn't seem to exist anymore. I think he's hijacked Cajun's profile.

Seems that a few people are being erased from the forum lately. N-O has turned in to a communist dictatorship, headed by the D.A.V.E group. Any of us could be next for deletion. My prayers are with you all, stay safe.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:

What a load of bollocks man.

Don't want to say anyone is clearly guilty of this but... :lol:

Honestly though it was like reading RTG at times yesterday with the "we were lucky" comments. It was the same the season we finished 5th. Not sure some will ever enjoy watching us anymore as they seem desperate to be 'balanced'.

The ones who say, i've got no complaints with the league table but our performances are shit.

Is anyone really saying our performances are utterly shit or are you complaining about people on an internet message board scrutinising performances again?  That's going to happen, you might as well get used to it because it's not going to change.  Most people don't just look at the result and say "Ah reet, nice one".

My thoughts are that there's still room for improvement in performances without a doubt, but 22 points out of the last available 27 and playing nice stuff for significant periods is better than we've had it in a while, so you can't argue.  I'd say we're playing better stuff than before Christmas in 11/12 which is really pleasing - I think we have a much more rounded squad than back then and we're building something a bit more solid and pleasing on the eye.

However without being churlish to the manager and the team we'll not have so much of a clear run all season with injuries you wouldn't have thought, so we'll have to add to the squad in January and/or get some of the players on the fringes firing and contributing.  Without any injuries our squad looks strong and we actually have options all over the pitch but I've seen enough seasons fall apart when a few players get injured and not just under this manager, so it would be nice if we pushed on and covered ourselves against that a bit.

Yesterday was the most fun I've had at the match in a while like, was a really entertaining game and 8 goals in our last 2 games is a great sign of progress.

Guest firetotheworks

I find it canny easy to seperate my enjoyment from us winning with my enjoyment from the football that we play. Just because I don't like a lot about the way that we play, doesn't mean to say that I don't get any enjoyment out of us. I definitely didn't last season mind, but I don't think anyone did.

it is argueably the 3rd best time to support us in 30 odd years. Bettered only by the Keegan, and Robson Teams.

Also by the sheer fact in can improve,win something? has the potential to match or surpass them.

yet some people are not happy.

Don't want to say anyone is clearly guilty of this but... :lol:

Honestly though it was like reading RTG at times yesterday with the "we were lucky" comments. It was the same the season we finished 5th. Not sure some will ever enjoy watching us anymore as they seem desperate to be 'balanced'.

We certainly had the rub of the green to get into that position and things weren't looking good at all on 40 minutes, but as I said earlier on you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that with aplomb, so good stuff.  I'm watching MOTD and Shearer and Savage are both saying we were lucky to get all the decisions we did yesterday, not sure what their N-O usernames are but they're as manic-depressive Pardew-haters as anyone else on here going by the logic you're applying.

it is argueably the 3rd best time to support us in 30 odd years. Bettered only by the Keegan, and Robson Teams.

Also by the sheer fact in can improve,win something? has the potential to match or surpass them.

That's it though, some people believe that for us to improve/win something we will need a different manager. Not that they aren't "happy", you've just added a bit of negative spin at the end there for no apparent reason, I would say most are over the moon with us at the minute whilst still having concerns and/or aspiring for it to be better. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I'm really happy with how things are going this season, I'd be pretty mental if I wasn't. I also think we were really lucky that Stoke self imploded yesterday, before we did a good job of capitalising on our luck in the second half. If that makes me desperate or hard to please, so be it.

I'm really happy with how things are going this season, I'd be pretty mental if I wasn't. I also think we were really lucky that Stoke self imploded yesterday, before we did a good job of capitalising on our luck in the second half. If that makes me desperate or hard to please, so be it.

I agree.

I stand by my point , 3rd best shape weve been in since we were relegated in late 70s

I feel the same way about people who only follow for the results.

Was thinking this yesterday. Despite the shit thrown at Pardew, he is quite possibly the third best manager some of us have had in our life times.

Sounds a bit of a bonkers thought. :lol:

Nevertheless, it's a valid one, unless of course you're inclined to give more of the credit to Ashley for investing in a squad he can't fail with.