Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

He thankfully seems to have cut down the absolutely baffling changes, there was a time when it looked as though he was just drawing players out of a hat. We'd switch formation at least twice a game.

Does it not coincide with us being in front a lot lately, subs are less baffling when we win and are easier to make. Yet most of last season being behind his subs were truly shite (not help in part by the squad if you're being generous). He was shown to be very poor when we're chasing games, hence the very limited points/results gained from losing positions.

He's confident when things are going well, yet extremely limited when up against it. Guess that's why we call him limited, glass ceiling of ability and all that.

2 harsh yellow cards.

1 very debateable red card - a penalty and yellow would have been fair. Stoke down to 9 men.

Ref completely ignores a blatant handball that would have put 9 men Stoke counter attacking from our missed penalty clean through on goal.

Remy then scores a deflected goal (3rd deflected goal in the month) where the bounce from the deflection beats the keeper.

Luckiest manager alive :lol:

2 harsh yellow cards.

1 very debateable red card - a penalty and yellow would have been fair. Stoke down to 9 men.

Ref completely ignores a blatant handball that would have put 9 men Stoke counter attacking from our missed penalty clean through on goal.

Remy then scores a deflected goal (3rd deflected goal in the month) where the bounce from the deflection beats the keeper.

nah he's not man, you must have missed that part of this thread...i think it was something to do with ashley being shite, the reason why he's not a lucky manager

Not seen a thing but we were apparently shite first half, but he gets credit from me for going for it this half. Not our fault they're down to 9 men, we needed to take advantage and we've subsequently scored four goals. :thup:

Not seen a thing but we were apparently shite first half, but he gets credit from me for going for it this half. Not our fault they're down to 9 men, we needed to take advantage and we've subsequently scored four goals. :thup:

good man management to use this chance to try and get Cisse on the scoresheet too

2 harsh yellow cards.

Don't want to sound like one of them but, mackem kernt!

Both sendings off were deserved and there could have been more and more penalties/bookings etc... to us. The deflected Remy goal was probably going in anyway so again, not sure how that is luck.

Plus we missed a penalty. It was pretty even before the first red but the commentators certainly made the most of wanking over the Adam pot shots and as said the reds were deserved so not sure how that counts as luck.

Edit - forgot Ben Arfa hitting their post/crossbar twice :lol:

I think it would've been impossible for us not to dominate that second half :lol:, but they went down to 9 men, we saw the opportunity and bagged 5 in 45 minutes. Fair play and I'm glad he went for it, would've been pretty desperate had we not done.

Hope he learns the lessons of the first 35 mins. Good to have another 3 points under our belts but could have been very different had Stoke not self-destructed.

That said deserves full credit for getting us 33 points from 18 games.

Next step for the team is to pick up at least a point when we concede first - yet to happen yet this season.

Alan, you've got another challenge. You've successfully completed every challenge Mick has thrown at you (bar say nothing at all...ever), someone else now fancies a go. Good luck.

Tick :lol:

Next challenge anyone...

Guest bimpy474

Next step for the team is to pick up at least a point when we concede first - yet to happen yet this season.

Alan, you've got another challenge. You've successfully completed every challenge Mick has thrown at you (bar say nothing at all...ever), someone else now fancies a go. Good luck.

Tick :lol:

Next challenge anyone...

While true against 9 men is not exactly the bar the measure it with. Be interesting if we go behind to Arsenal, a true test.

Will be interesting what he'll be saying post match today. :lol:

"I thought the Stoke players conducted themselves brilliantly in the secondhalf - against our strike force and down to nine men. It was a shame for Stoke because the two sending-offs were a major factor in us winning in the manner we did.

On next opponents Arsenal: "Arsenal are top of the league. That is deserved, they have been the best team in this first half of the season, but we are in great shape, our place will be rocking and rolling and Arsenal know it won't be easy to turn us over.

On a possible challenge for fourth: "The experts are the ones who know and they keep telling us we are not going to be involved and I think they are probably right."

Guest snoopythewriter

If we had come out second half and played the cautious game, I would have gone down to the ground and killed him.

This guy. Fucking love this guy. :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

:booze:

:lol: Not me, but he's doing a good job at the moment so fair play to him. Quite impressed this season, seeing much more of a team than before so long may it continue. Good stuff. I didn't buy that we had a shit squad as many people made out last season so where we are in the league is where we should be imo, the manager is doing a good job right now. He has come a long way this season in making us look like a team rather than a bunch of individuals, I'll always give a manager credit for that and Pardew is no different.

It's stuff like leaving Sissoko on over Anita that makes him a bit shit. He got lucky today with Stoke self imploding.

Pretty desperate stuff there Dr V, hate this 'luck' shite. We are 18 games into the season, 6 points off top, 6th place in the league but the only reason we beat Stoke was luck. No way we would have won otherwise with their total domination :anguish:

It's stuff like leaving Sissoko on over Anita that makes him a bit shit. He got lucky today with Stoke self imploding.

Pretty desperate stuff there Dr V, hate this 'luck' shite. We are 18 games into the season, 6 points off top, 6th place in the league but the only reason we beat Stoke was luck. No way we would have won otherwise with their total domination :anguish:

You can keep your anguish, mate. We were shite in that first 40 minutes, second best to Stoke at home. I didn't say the only reason we beat Stoke was luck. I said the manager got lucky because they were in control and they completely gifted us the 3 points. We might have gone on to beat them in the second half if it'd been 11v11, we'll never know, but there's nothing harsh about saying he was dealt a massive slice of luck today, because he was. The Sissoko/Anita decision was just idiotic.