Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i too thought it was the right lineup Brett, but there's a difference between picking the right 11 players and getting it to work, jesus

first half was hull all over again, hughes had him by the tactical bollocks...he saw a chink and got adam to exploit it to very good effect, answer from AP?  sweet fuck all until the sendings off

sorry like, i know we all love the guy now but i'm fucked if i'm ignoring what's in front of my eyes

It is interesting to note our position in comparison to Evertons now & the respect given to managers of both sides.

We've both beaten Man Utd & Chelsea, both drawn with Pool & lost to City. They could only draw with Spurs where we won, yet they beat us in our game.

Now 1 point apart.

Surely if Martinez is the much better manager he must be working with inferior players?

Id say we line up position for position something like:

Newcastle                Everton

Krul                          Howard

Debuchy                  Coleman

Williamson                Jagielka

Coloccinni                Distin

Santon                    Baines/Oviedo

Gouffran                  Mirallas

Tiote                        Barry

Anita                        Mccarthy

Cabaye                    Barkley

Sissoko                    Pienaar

Remy                        Lukaku

Very debatable. Id say Everton have the stronger defence & strikeforce. The midfield is a close call.

Surely if Martinez is the much better manager he must be working with inferior players?

is that martinez who only joined the club in the summer and signed X amount of new players on loans and such to supplement a limited squad?  vs. pardew with his 3 years and settled squad?

all depends how you look at it i suppose

i too thought it was the right lineup Brett, but there's a difference between picking the right 11 players and getting it to work, jesus

first half was hull all over again, hughes had him by the tactical bollocks...he saw a chink and got adam to exploit it to very good effect, answer from AP?  sweet f*** all until the sendings off

sorry like, i know we all love the guy now but i'm f***ed if i'm ignoring what's in front of my eyes

He can't physically play for the players, if the players are struggling why's it the manager to blame. He thought that formation would work at home with Ben Arfa back, it didn't and he admitted after the game things were getting changed at half time. Luckily everything was made sweet by Stoke so the team talk was made a lot easier. At least we know not to try that again afainst Arsenal and get back to 4-4-2.

It's also Martinez' first season.

EDIT: What mrmojorisin said :lol:

Aye, but you could look at it in such a way that hes also gone to a pretty settled & well set up side already. Far more consistant than we've been over the years.

The first teams are close, but i reckon they shade it. Certainly looking at results alone, is Martinez deserving of so much praise over Pards given the 1 point difference? He may improve them further, but he is using more loans to achieve it also & our football has been improved aswell.

That said i do think he is the better manager but its interesting to consider. Easier to praise managers from the outside isnt it.

He would have worked all week with it, comes to the game and it is epically failing. No harm in that, he tried something new, wasn't working, admitted thigns were being changed at half time and likely chances are we are back to 4-4-2 at home on Sunday. No need to go overboard over something he tried and didn't get to work.

first half was hull all over again, hughes had him by the tactical bollocks...he saw a chink and got adam to exploit it to very good effect, answer from AP?  sweet f*** all until the sendings off

sorry like, i know we all love the guy now but i'm f***ed if i'm ignoring what's in front of my eyes

He can't physically play for the players, if the players are struggling why's it the manager to blame. He thought that formation would work at home with Ben Arfa back, it didn't and he admitted after the game things were getting changed at half time. Luckily everything was made sweet by Stoke so the team talk was made a lot easier. At least we know not to try that again afainst Arsenal and get back to 4-4-2.

even the commentators were wondering why we weren't getting people in the box when we did get forward prior to the sendings off brett, we had debuchy killing himself to get down the line and put a ball in and there was only remy vs. the entire stoke defence, for example

it's not as simple as 'formation' and see what happens, perhaps this is why he gets consistently outwitted at home

adam was tearing us to shreds well before they scored, sissoko was doing absolutely fucking nothing...any manager worth his salt would have put sissoko on adam and shut him down 'til half time

Aye, but you could look at it in such a way that hes also gone to a pretty settled & well set up side already. Far more consistant than we've been over the years.

The first teams are close, but i reckon they shade it. Certainly looking at results alone, is Martinez deserving of so much praise over Pards given the 1 point difference? He may improve them further, but he is using more loans to achieve it also & our football has been improved aswell.

That said i do think he is the better manager but its interesting to consider. Easier to praise managers from the outside isnt it.

But Martinez hasn't nearly relegated a squad of this caliber. He also won the FA cup with an abysmal one. Then obviously there's the enjoyment of watching a side playing what I would consider "good football".

There's far more than just looking at a table and saying "what's the difference between the 2 of them then?" There will undoubtedly be an element of fool's gold looking from the outside, but most things about Martinez and Everton to me suggests he would be my preferred manager.

I'd agree if it didn't happen a lot.

precisely...as i said, it's a genuine question for those in pardew's corner - how often does he honestly get it right vs. 'lower' teams at home?  what i see is they turn up with a very basic gameplan and we huff and puff to break it down every single time

he certainly seems to be able to set them up to play away from home at the moment though, deserves a lot of credit for that :thup:

He would have worked all week with it, comes to the game and it is epically failing. No harm in that, he tried something new, wasn't working, admitted thigns were being changed at half time and likely chances are we are back to 4-4-2 at home on Sunday. No need to go overboard over something he tried and didn't get to work.

Imagine if we had a manager who could work on a new style of play, come to the game and it not epically fail though? That would be class. That's all I want :lol:

Imagine if we had a manager who could work on a new style of play, come to the game and it not epically fail though? That would be class. That's all I want :lol:

:lol:  i dunno man, as i said in my last post he's doing well overall and not many teams will want to play us as the away team at the moment

he simply does not know how to break teams down at home though, it must be so fucking easy for the opposition manager

I'm enjoying us at the moment and I'm happy for it to continue (obviously :lol: ) I just don't think it can. I think we'll need to change and Pardew will have to get a new style sorted like he did 2 years ago. I fully believe in the cliched glass ceiling with Pardew too, I would love to see us grow under a new manager. Obviously an owner who isn't a complete divvy would be required too.

But Martinez hasn't nearly relegated a squad of this caliber. He also won the FA cup with an abysmal one. Then obviously there's the enjoyment of watching a side playing what I would consider "good football".

There's far more than just looking at a table and saying "what's the difference between the 2 of them then?" There will undoubtedly be an element of fool's gold looking from the outside, but most things about Martinez and Everton to me suggests he would be my preferred manager.

He is the guy who only got the best out of Wigan when they were near relegated every season though & only then. Little consistancy, leading eventually to relegation. The cup win was v impressive & he is playing some lovely stuff with them atm. They're very hard to beat, as is shown in their few losses. They've had a lot of games without scoring though, which is where they've lost points. Is he getting the most with a striker like Lukaku at his disposal?

They should be far & away from us, but they're not. Id also say some of the stuff we've played recently has matched anything they've come up with. Our issue is Pards negative lesser style of being grateful if we hold onto a win rather than having the attitude of us having a truly dominant side.

I thought the lineup was good. No idea why we were rubbish for so much of the 1st half but there you go, we were. We might well have turned it around without the sending offs but, for me, this way is better. Players won't be tired, they'll be fresh and confident for Arsenal.

Martinez is in a different league to Pardew, like. He actually is a genuine top class manager and Everton are lucky to have him.

I was a bit undecided on him until the cup final. The way Wigan came out, so completely fearless and determined to use the ball like that. Totally tipped it for me, i gave in then and thought he's clearly class!

Hope he takes Everton above Liverpool in the log run.

it must be so f***ing easy for the opposition manager

So easy that only one manager has managed to take 3 points from SJP...

ok brett, ok then, everything's fine then :thup:

Jose, ya shite, so fucking easy man. You've got Oscar/Mata/Hazard and you couldn't even pop one goal in against a clueless Pardew, he makes it so easy for you to win at SJP and you got fuck all!