Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They should be far & away from us, but they're not.

eh, we're 6 points off top aren't we?

Yeah. Where would they be without a loss to Sunderland, 0-0 against Palace, Cardiff & West Brom. Failing to score against those 4 with the players he has is not top class is it? You can find their & his faults as we do with Pards. Its easier to ignore them when you focus on the good that you see.

no sorry, tell me how everton should be far and awayy from us when man city, arsenal, chelsea etc. aren't please

Eh? I just explained it to you  :lol: You havent contradicted me, you're just stating that other clubs/managers have had their issues to - which i fully agree with.

why should i be contradicting you?  you said they should be far and away from us, i'm wondering how you came to that conclusion

If Martinez is that much better than Pardew, he should be doing better than Pardew? Theres 1 point difference, its all well and good predicting how long that will last but at the moment they are getting equal levels of results & are respected at very different levels on here. Just as you can find Pardews faults, you can find Martinez's.

All managers have issues. Man City's manager cannot get them motivated for away games, Jose sent away their best striker & then moans about lack of striking options when he barely gives Ba a proven prem striker a chance, Martinez is not getting the best from Lukaku. Our manager takes off Anita whos absolutely mint & is overly negative in 2nd halves etc.

you're repeating yourself, martinez took over at a new club 5 months ago, drafted in half a new team and is within a point or so of pardew

read into that what you f***ing will

Martinez took over a side who sit around that level consistantly anyway & has a better side at his disposal. Ive no problem repeating myself if you keep responding as if you're confused mate.

They should be far & away from us, but they're not.

eh, we're 6 points off top aren't we?

Yeah. Where would they be without a loss to Sunderland, 0-0 against Palace, Cardiff & West Brom. Failing to score against those 4 with the players he has is not top class is it? You can find their & his faults as we do with Pards. Its easier to ignore them when you focus on the good that you see.

no sorry, tell me how everton should be far and awayy from us when man city, arsenal, chelsea etc. aren't please

Eh? I just explained it to you  :lol: You havent contradicted me, you're just stating that other clubs/managers have had their issues to - which i fully agree with.

why should i be contradicting you?  you said they should be far and away from us, i'm wondering how you came to that conclusion

If Martinez is that much better than Pardew, he should be doing better than Pardew? Theres 1 point difference, its all well and good predicting how long that will last but at the moment they are getting equal levels of results & are respected at very different levels on here. Just as you can find Pardews faults, you can find Martinez's.

All managers have issues. Man City's manager cannot get them motivated for away games, Jose sent away their best striker & then moans about lack of striking options when he barely gives Ba a proven prem striker a chance, Martinez is not getting the best from Lukaku. Our manager takes off Anita whos absolutely mint & is overly negative in 2nd halves etc.

you're repeating yourself, martinez took over at a new club 5 months ago, drafted in half a new team and is within a point or so of pardew

read into that what you f***ing will

Martinez took over a side who sit around that level consistantly anyway & has a better side at his disposal. Ive no problem repeating myself if you keep responding as if you're confused mate.

in what way am i confused?

full quote for you brett, you seem to have chopped some unfortunately, you might want to watch that

he simply does not know how to break teams down at home though, it must be so f***ing easy for the opposition manager

Yet he's seemingly found away to get 18 points this season at home so he's clearly breaking defences down somewhere picking up that many points. Same tally as Everton at home.

full quote for you brett, you seem to have chopped some unfortunately, you might want to watch that

he simply does not know how to break teams down at home though, it must be so f***ing easy for the opposition manager

Yet he's seemingly found away to get 18 points this season at home so he's clearly breaking defences down somewhere picking up that many points. Same tally as Everton at home.

awful, just truly fucking awful :facepalm:

Comparing Pardew to Mourinho man, I wish we'd pack that in.

Mourinho's teams may at times (and especially against top opposition) play relatively boring football but they're drilled well defensively and can shut teams out well. You'll rarely see Mourinho allowing the opposition to bombard his goal for 45 minutes relying on the opposition misfiring. That's why he went 9 years unbeaten at home and remains unbeaten at Stamford Bridge.

Comparing Pardew to Mourinho man, I wish we'd pack that in.

Mourinho's teams may at times (and especially against top opposition) play relatively boring football but they're drilled well defensively and can shut teams out well. You'll rarely see Mourinho allowing the opposition to bombard his goal for 45 minutes relying on the opposition misfiring. That's why he went 9 years unbeaten at home and remains unbeaten at Stamford Bridge.

What about his baaaaaaaaaring home wins this season as well? Or just boring football in general this season with a talent of flair at his disposal.

Well if you say it Brett then it must be true. What else do the people want?

I don't know. Playing like Everton apparently. Not that it's ever going to happen because that's not how Pardew approaches games and never will. If people want him sacked asap for that, it's their choice to make i suppose.

If Pardew continues to play the way he is and we continue to pick up points and are consistently in the top 7 (or whatever the bracket is depending on the strength of the league) then fair enough, I cannot really complain, I would prefer we did it in style to give me more enjoyment out of an otherwise very reasonable run of European stability, I would also welcome a change in management to try and achieve that, as well as hopefully improve out points tally over the course of the season which I think would be possible, as well as our performances in the cups.

I wouldn't want him sacked ASAP, that period has passed.

:lol: Fucking hell.

Enjoyed the match yesterday like, first one I've been to since West Ham away because I've been in a huff with Mike Ashley and that.  Thought from the first 40 minutes I'd be the usual jinx and really couldn't see us turning it around if I'm honest, Stoke formed a wall in front of their goal and we seemed a bit clueless in terms of having an answer with Remy looking isolated up front and various players looking out of sorts.  From the highlights it looks like the first sending off at least was very harsh, the second yellow was a definite booking but the first one nowt really happened.  The second red card is a situation that always seems harsh and isn't a punishment I really agree with but they're the rules and the fact Remy missed sort of justifies the punishment in a way. 

Anyway you can only beat what's in front of you and I was really pleased with our display second half, we tried to score as many as we could which is exactly what you should do in those circumstances, so fair play to the manager for an entertaining Boxing Day game when he could have shut up shop at 3-1.

Tried to be a funny cunt by shouting "This referee's given us fuck-all today, the prick" late on when he didn't give us the benefit of some innocuous incident, it's not often you go to a game where you see 2 opposition players sent off and 2 pens given but we could have actually had another couple of pens as Stoke got tired and frustrated late on.

We might have been lucky to an extent in some games but beating Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham and winning 7 of our last 9 is certainly not down to it.

As much as i dont like Pardew, we're doing well because of him, just as we did shit because of him. I want us to be more expansive and have more movement but the table doesn't lie. Yes the so called bigger teams have slipped up but that's their problem and for us to be so close to the top going into January is quite simply brilliant, from the manager to all the players. Simply brilliant.

This.

As much as I love Ben Arfa, the balance of the side is better with Sissoko on the right, Goufran left and Cabaye and Tiote in the centre. The only role up for grabs should be up top alongside Remy. Me, I think a beast of a CF up there would make us even more balanced. Ben Arfa up there doesn't work, Ben Arfa wide right does work but only when the brilliance of his sheer individualism happens. When that's not happening though we are nothing down that right. Notably with Sissoko there Debuchy plays much better too.

4-4-2 is the best way forward with us under Pardew using the players the way he does, as evidenced by our results. I say we try and stick to that as much as possible, even if it means quality players like Ben Arfa and Anita missing out. The team is more important than the individual.

What we have is lots of very good individuals who are not all ideally suited to the way Pardew wants to set us up. Sissoko is not a CM, Ben Arfa is not a CF. Remy isn't neither mind and that is one of the reasons why he has went off the boil lately.

We badly need a mobile, strong, focal point in the centre up front.

That and a proper left winger option from the bench would make us even more of a force.

Totally agree which makes me think we will go after luuk dejong

We might have been lucky to an extent in some games but beating Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham and winning 7 of our last 9 is certainly not down to it.

As much as i dont like Pardew, we're doing well because of him, just as we did s*** because of him. I want us to be more expansive and have more movement but the table doesn't lie. Yes the so called bigger teams have slipped up but that's their problem and for us to be so close to the top going into January is quite simply brilliant, from the manager to all the players. Simply brilliant.

This.

Missed that post from Bimpy but it's excellent. Feel totally the same bar the fact i don't mind Pardew.