Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didn't the club say they would resist the urge to sack after a difficult spell in favour of stability back when they handed Pardew his eight year contract? Can't see Ashley sacking him at all; he'll probably see the fan discontent as a nice bonus.

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho  15m

Everything I'm hearing points to Pardew still being in place in the summer. Recruitment process under way with him heavily involved. #NUFC

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho  17m

Pardew admits he no longer feels safe in his position - but Ashley has no immediate intention of sacking him. #NUFC http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/11145750.Pardew_fears_for_his_position___but_the_axe_is_unlikely_to_fall/?ref=var_0

I had dinner at the Masters last night with Guy Roux - just me and a colleague and him and his son who works in golf. Roux is one of the most famous French Managers ever, winning the title with Auxerre.  As you guys know, without being a Pardew apologist, I think a lot of the criticism of him is misplaced and that the issue is the owner, lack of investment and a team that has played the second half of the season basically without Cabaye and Remy. With both those players and the same manager, we looked a bloody good team before Christmas. If you ask football people in France and Holland for example, they will tell you that players like Tiote, Anita (yes really), Goffran and Sissoko were not true, top-drawer players when they played in those leagues.

Anyway, didn't mean to rant, just trying to be balanced. Despite the above, Guy Roux said that Ben Arfa would always be on his teamsheet before Remy..he also said that Remy will always be injury-prone because of some sort of injury he suffered when he was wrong. He also talked fondly of Laurent Robert, who he managed.

Good luck with that.

But yes, we do need a major overhaul in midfield, where technically we are really lacking.

How did you think the 3-5-2 went yesterday btw? ;)

Pretty much how I'd called it tbh.  ;)

"Ben Arfa is thought to have told Pardew that he was responsible for the decline of players such as Sylvain Marveaux and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa."

Needs to be in two threads tbh

Ouch. Sounds like there's a lot of bitching about Pardew going on between the players behind the scenes. Think the only way he can stay now is if he's allowed to clear out all these apparent "troublemakers" - we know Ashley thinks purely in terms of the bottom line so need to hope the loss of value on players like HBA and MYM exceeds the cost of binning the manager...