Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The daft thing is that if the deliberate plan of holding positions and being defensively minded simply isn't working anyway. We concede goals hand over fist even though they're all told to hold their shape, get behind the ball and track men back. Had it been successful and we kept loads of clean sheet then there would be some merit to it but it's the worst of both worlds and has been for ages.

We don't attack with any purpose or intent and can't keep them out at the other end too. And none of that is anything whatsoever to do with Ashley, this is squarely Pardew's fault and responsibility. We look s*** and it's 100% down to him and his mismanagement of his squad.

Putting pressure on the ball is an alien concept to Pardew.

The daft thing is that if the deliberate plan of holding positions and being defensively minded simply isn't working anyway. We concede goals hand over fist even though they're all told to hold their shape, get behind the ball and track men back. Had it been successful and we kept loads of clean sheet then there would be some merit to it but it's the worst of both worlds and has been for ages.

We don't attack with any purpose or intent and can't keep them out at the other end too. And none of that is anything whatsoever to do with Ashley, this is squarely Pardew's fault and responsibility. We look shit and it's 100% down to him and his mismanagement of his squad.

We don't agree on much, but we agree on this. At some point he needs to accept that pressing higher up the pitch and having some genuine threat that the opposition need to worry about will aid us not only in scoring goals but in defending too. I don't know how many 3 and 4 nil defeats you need before you realise you don't have the squad to sit back an absorb pressure.

NB: I don't think sitting back and absorbing pressure is an abhorrent idea in principle, like some on here do. But there's no question we're shit at it.

We don't attack with any purpose or intent and can't keep them out at the other end too. And none of that is anything whatsoever to do with Ashley, this is squarely Pardew's fault and responsibility. We look s*** and it's 100% down to him and his mismanagement of his squad.

We don't agree on much, but we agree on this. At some point he needs to accept that pressing higher up the pitch and having some genuine threat that the opposition need to worry about will aid us not only in scoring goals but in defending too. I don't know how many 3 and 4 nil defeats you need before you realise you don't have the squad to sit back an absorb pressure.

NB: I don't think sitting back and absorbing pressure is an abhorrent idea in principle, like some on here do. But there's no question we're s*** at it.

At which point does this knacker accept it then? We've seen it for the last 2 full seasons, and he still hasn't clocked on. Why? Nowt to do with Ba or Cabaye or Amalfitano shipped out on loan from under him. It's because he is hapless and completely out of his depth at this level. And he's a coward to boot.

They're probably both right/wrong, Remy might have just meant it's the sort of knock he'd have usually been risked with if the game was genuinely important.

I'm not too fussed about any of this although I usually would be, probably.  Rapidly losing interest.

Of course the cunt is lying. Why on earth would Remy make it up? It doesnt benefit him spinning a yarn anyway :lol:

If he's actually carrying a knock, of course it benefits him for France not to know.

Guest bimpy474

Best let Remy know that Alan, he's telling a different story and you as a proven liar and i know who i believe.

Guest chopey

There has been so many issues regarding Pardew's tenure at Newcastle so why make a big issue of this ?

Guest bimpy474

Believe a man who lies and is trying to save his own skin, or a player despite being a bellend, is being honest and in the process making himself look bad.

Tough call.

Guest bimpy474

There has been so many issues regarding Pardew's tenure at Newcastle so why make a big issue of this ?

Because if Pardew did allow him to miss the game, Ashley might not be impressed as we might have gained a position in the league had we won at Anfield. More prize money and we know how much Ashley likes that.

Just a guess, Pardew sounds like he's trying to save his own skin to his boss.

I can't for the life of me understand why they feel the need to release that statement, but then I don't really care.

That earlier pic with Pardew holding the sign is quite remarkable as it shows a football manager taunting the fans of the club he's managing. He should apologise, and that should be the statement of today. But the club/board don't give a fuck, of course.

There's a yawning chasm between the club and the fans.

I can't for the life of me understand why they feel the need to release that statement, but then I don't really care.

That earlier pic with Pardew holding the sign is quite remarkable as it shows a football manager taunting the fans of the club he's managing. He should apologise, and that should be the statement of today. But the club/board don't give a fuck, of course.

There's a yawning chasm between the club and the fans.

I'm not sure that out in the real world the chasm is as pronounced as it is on here. We've seen how poorly the protests are attended and how little effect boycotts have.

N-O is a special place. I'm not sure how taunted the average fan feels.

As far as I'm aware doctors are unlikely to force themselves upon someone, especially if they say they're not hurt..

Maybe. I thought everyone would get examined before the tournament though.

As far as I'm aware doctors are unlikely to force themselves upon someone, especially if they say they're not hurt..

Maybe. I thought everyone would get examined before the tournament though.

I'm sure they will, but I'm sure it's a standard physical kind of thing where the player could play down any injuries, rather than them all being immediately given MRIs. Either way, if that was Loic's plan, it's gone to shit now.