Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Everton don't even look to spend reasonably. :lol: Everton have spent nothing more than the giant truck full of cash that Sky parked outside their ground, after years of penny pinching. That's perfectly reasonable.

About £20m of ther spending this summer was player sales the previous year. They are trousering the TV cash too

A top ten last season and but for the disruption mid-season, we could have finished top six comfortably.

Aye, we were only 20 points short. :lol:

It's not even a laughing matter anymore. Can't believe there's people like this out there ffs.

Guest Roger Kint

1 in 4 reckon he's great or good. Fucking hell. :lol:

2/3 think he was average or better. Our fans are idiots :anguish:

How is 4 wins from 20 anything but garbage?

These last few pages  :cheesy:

Its pretty obvious to anyone who knows a decent amount about football that if we got our act together we should be at least a top 6 side and at least challenging for cups.

Forgot about this oh but we we were relegated 6 years ago crap, we still had a top squad and were in the top 5 in the UK for attendance's throughout the championship, strolling the championship accordingly. Again forgot about the myth that we can't compete with other clubs finances until very recently we were one of the worlds 20 richest clubs, in the richest league in the world and again getting some of the highest attendance's in the league.

Yes Ashley has to take a lot of the blame as he hasn't invested anywhere near enough but for whatever reason the level of players we can still attract is still high and we are still picking up some of the best european youth prospects. In fact each year (when we spend) we are actually picking up better and better players and yet this doesn't correspond on the pitch.

One of our player leaves and all of a sudden we have no creativity, can't score goals and can't defend, something doesn't add up. That something Pardew. We concede one goal and we are f***ed. In fact if we score before 70 minutes we are f***ed as we will sit back and hope we get the result "over the line". Pardew's sole tactic is get it in the mixer and hope for some magic, he belongs in league 1 at best (in fact he was pie'd off when he was in league 1).

Such as?

Like I have said, about 15 times, I do not defend his tactics or his style of play. We have spent pretty much +-0 pounds in the last 5 years so if you consider that we are somehow still in fricking EPL where eveyone is splashing cash left, right and center. And this sentence doesn't mean AP has done great job, but it is a fact that Mike doesn't want to spend.

At least a top 6 side?  :idiot2: on our better times under Sir Bobby yes, not with the current owner and the situation with the big clubs. They don't even look to spend reasonably. Ffs Everton paid about 30 million for Lukaku? We are not going to spend anywhere near that kind of money.

You're on the take mate. Arsenal had a net spend of 0 for the past 8 years before last seaons and were in the Champions League every season. What's your point?

So you are now comparing us to Arsenal? who has in the previous 20 years once finished outside top4? I think they are a bit stronger than us and their youth pool maybe a bit better.

Nevermind Wenger is 50 times better manager and better at developing young players than Pardew.

For many, including John Connolly, this season is his final chance. He said: “Pardew has got a lot of making- up to do. He’s started with bringing players in, now we have to perform.”

:facepalm:

OAIIJWOIRJWAOIJROIAWJROIJAORNAWOIWOWIA

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's amazing how many  haven't caught up to the fact the manager at most clubs has pretty much no say in transfers. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I've been writing a poem about him. It's come to that, here's a teaser to how much you're likely to cringe.

I'll take the blame, of course!

(in my choice of a lower chain)

Young players and Ben Arfa's flatpack track back,

When self blame reads name and shame.

These last few pages  :cheesy:

Its pretty obvious to anyone who knows a decent amount about football that if we got our act together we should be at least a top 6 side and at least challenging for cups.

Forgot about this oh but we we were relegated 6 years ago crap, we still had a top squad and were in the top 5 in the UK for attendance's throughout the championship, strolling the championship accordingly. Again forgot about the myth that we can't compete with other clubs finances until very recently we were one of the worlds 20 richest clubs, in the richest league in the world and again getting some of the highest attendance's in the league.

Yes Ashley has to take a lot of the blame as he hasn't invested anywhere near enough but for whatever reason the level of players we can still attract is still high and we are still picking up some of the best european youth prospects. In fact each year (when we spend) we are actually picking up better and better players and yet this doesn't correspond on the pitch.

One of our player leaves and all of a sudden we have no creativity, can't score goals and can't defend, something doesn't add up. That something Pardew. We concede one goal and we are f***ed. In fact if we score before 70 minutes we are f***ed as we will sit back and hope we get the result "over the line". Pardew's sole tactic is get it in the mixer and hope for some magic, he belongs in league 1 at best (in fact he was pie'd off when he was in league 1).

Such as?

Like I have said, about 15 times, I do not defend his tactics or his style of play. We have spent pretty much +-0 pounds in the last 5 years so if you consider that we are somehow still in fricking EPL where eveyone is splashing cash left, right and center. And this sentence doesn't mean AP has done great job, but it is a fact that Mike doesn't want to spend.

At least a top 6 side?  :idiot2: on our better times under Sir Bobby yes, not with the current owner and the situation with the big clubs. They don't even look to spend reasonably. Ffs Everton paid about 30 million for Lukaku? We are not going to spend anywhere near that kind of money.

You're on the take mate. Arsenal had a net spend of 0 for the past 8 years before last seaons and were in the Champions League every season. What's your point?

So you are now comparing us to Arsenal? who has in the previous 20 years once finished outside top4? I think they are a bit stronger than us and their youth pool maybe a bit better.

Nevermind Wenger is 50 times better manager and better at developing young players than Pardew.

Thank you.

It's absolutely exhausting talking to some of our fans. Amongst some of my friends out here - one of which is as Toon mad as I am - I'm a figure of fun due to my disdain of Pardew. "He's alright, man! Players were shit!"

It's staggering the effect a few signings has on fan mentality. This particular lad is absolutely ecstatic about our transfer business this summer. How, man? Have you learned nothing? We've signed some talented players that we can be excited and optimistic about on an individual level, sure, but, to me, all we've done is broken even - stood still. Both financially and from a squad point of view. Even then I'm not convinced that our team is better than it was a year ago. We need one of our strikers to go against the odds and hit the ground running immediately. There's absolutely zero PL pedigree in that part of the squad, as far as I'm concerned.

That Chronicle poll just proves it, like. The signings effect. After the Arsenal defeat, 80% wanted him out, according to the same voters on the same website. Now look. Optimism. It's ridiculous, man. Can't understand how people are so short-sighted. Clapping like seals cos the club's identified that we still need to name 18 players per match day.

I find it hard to criticise the fans too much for a bit of optimism, as far as I remember it's how football always has been. A majority of the fans are never going to dissect things like we do on here, they're going to be influenced by short-term things like signings. And even just the start of a new season.

In fact I think it's a good thing in a lot of ways, at least they can get some enjoyment out of NUFC.

It's absolutely exhausting talking to some of our fans. Amongst some of my friends out here - one of which is as Toon mad as I am - I'm a figure of fun due to my disdain of Pardew. "He's alright, man! Players were s***!"

It's staggering the effect a few signings has on fan mentality. This particular lad is absolutely ecstatic about our transfer business this summer. How, man? Have you learned nothing? We've signed some talented players that we can be excited and optimistic about on an individual level, sure, but, to me, all we've done is broken even - stood still. Both financially and from a squad point of view. Even then I'm not convinced that our team is better than it was a year ago. We need one of our strikers to go against the odds and hit the ground running immediately. There's absolutely zero PL pedigree in that part of the squad, as far as I'm concerned.

That Chronicle poll just proves it, like. The signings effect. After the Arsenal defeat, 80% wanted him out, according to the same voters on the same website. Now look. Optimism. It's ridiculous, man. Can't understand how people are so short-sighted. Clapping like seals cos the club's identified that we still need to name 18 players per match day.

:clap:

I don't know what people expect from Pardew? Ignoring his off the pitch antics,  he hasn't actually done that bad a job really

11/12: 5th place out of nowhere

12/13: Europa League QFs with a thin squad picking up countless injuries

13/14: Top 10 finish last season while having his best player Cabaye sold and not replaced

But that doesn't go down well because the reality of NUFC not having the resources to compete is so depressing.

If you want to blame someone, blame Ashley for not freeing up more funds. Blame Kinnear for being useless. Blame the marketing team for not being able to secure more lucrative sponsorships to compete with the big boys.

Pardew, while not perfect, has done what is expected of him in my eyes

Okay, let's make things interesting.

What would constitute Pardew failing in your eyes? Not in Ashley's eyes, in your's.

Being amongst those in contention for the drop. The situation 2 years ago was forgivable because of a paper thin squad riddled with injuries and a lengthy European run but wouldn't be now. With the likes of Villa, West Brom, Sunderland, Burnley and Palace not pulling up any trees in the transfer market, it would be significant underachievement to be near the bottom.

:lol: We were virtually fielding 2 different teams in Europe and the league. We had injuries but still lost games which we should have been able to win but the defeatist bastard had us going into games with excuses already peddled for why we were going to lose.

I find it hard to criticise the fans too much for a bit of optimism, as far as I remember it's how football always has been. A majority of the fans are never going to dissect things like we do on here, they're going to be influenced by short-term things like signings. And even just the start of a new season.

In fact I think it's a good thing in a lot of ways, at least they can get some enjoyment out of NUFC.

We're a long, long way past needing to dissect anything to know for absolute certain that Pardew is fucking rubbish. You just need to watch the games, man.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-toon-survey-newcastle-united-7610414

If these are any guide, we genuinely have some of the stupidest fans in the country making up a sizeable proportion of the support.

Been saying this for years mate. Time to revive the general stupidity thread.

To think that I've defended the whole 'stupid Geordies' thing for years. It's obviously just stupid people and not stupid Geordies, but that's damning like. Complete mongs.

I've posted the synthetic happiness thing in a couple of threads recently, but I honestly reckon there's something in that theory and the way our fans are. They've accepted that Pardew isn't going anywhere and because of that their subconscious is persuading them that he's alright.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Mark Douglas was saying his targets were pretty high - Finish 8th and play good football.

Whether there's any truth in that is another matter like...

No point in getting too wound up over the stupidity of our fans, I suppose their only slightly more stupid than the average fan around the country. This place isn't representative at all of the vast majority who buy into the club propaganda because it's being peddled by Pardew who is still a popular figure here. What baffles me is how these fans will quite happily keep forking out good money to watch some of the worst football in the premier and think it's a good deal.

There's a lot of people who are too loyal to the club. They won't hear a word said against it and the people who represent it. They've got no good reason to do it other than just blind devotion and can make themselves sound ridiculous when doing so.

They think they're an asset to the club but they're the type of fans that are the problem imo. Just putting up with any old shite, buying the shirts and tickets out of nothing but a misguided sense of loyalty. Unfortunately these are the same type of people who complete the Chronicle's spunky survey...