Swansea City 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/12/13 - post-match reaction from p37

Dave

I find Swansea's brand of football pretty boring, it's good to see the game played properly but the old Wimbledon team were more exciting to watch than the sterile Swans.

http://wanna-joke.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/friends-matthew-perry-chandler-bing.jpg

Was this is a fair scoreline? Heard/read a couple of updates and seemed Swansea were pretty toothless in large parts. More a case of you not turning up as opposed to Swansea playing brilliantly?

It was fair in the sense that they set out to win the game, we set out to stay in it and take whatever we're given by our attackers working in isolation, the ref, or god. Like we have for the last three years, give or take a few games.

I agree with Benwell Lad.

At times Swansea football was absolutley lush, stuff we could never play. One touch passes, constant movement, getting to the byline inside the box. Its night and day from the stuff we play. At times aye its a bit boring aye when they knock it round the back, but they're happy to just take their time.

Guest icemanblue

At times Swansea football was absolutley lush, stuff we could never play. One touch passes, constant movement, getting to the byline inside the box. Its night and day from the stuff we play. At times aye its a bit boring aye when they knock it round the back, but they're happy to just take their time.

I don't agree that we could never play it, but it's highly doubtful we will. But, aye, some of their football - especially on the break, in the second half - was really excellent.

Guest palnese

Sure, they have their moments, but it's all too boring for me. At least they a style, a philosophy. I'll give them that.

Weird coincidence how we never seem to win by a "flattering" scoreline, unless you count narrow wins where we've actually been battered.

Alreet, Wullie? Good to have you back, mate.

We lost and he's back :) so he can moan, I would guess he's pretty happy.

I don't agree that we could never play it, but it's highly doubtful we will. But, aye, some of their football - especially on the break, in the second half - was really excellent.

I just think we're reliant on being a more of a physical side. It wasnt a criticism like, just an observation. Just find people saying Swansea are boring pretty strange.

Sure, they have their moments, but it's all too boring for me. At least they a style, a philosophy. I'll give them that.

I wish we were that boring  :lol:

Guest palnese

I wish we were that boring  :lol:

True :lol:

Weird coincidence how we never seem to win by a "flattering" scoreline, unless you count narrow wins where we've actually been battered.

:lol:

Really, is that what he was getting at? Fucking hell, what woeful crack he's got.

Didn't think he'd need me to post that Pardew's a cunt and a shit manager after every win but I'll make sure to do so for his own self esteem so he doesn't worry too much.

Funnily enough I spent the whole of the "5th" season saying the football was garbage and was accused of being negative then too because I was saying it after wins. Can't win with Inochi, nice to know someone's paying so much attention to me though. Little creep.

Guest icemanblue

I just think we're reliant on being a more of a physical side. It wasnt a criticism like, just an observation. Just find people saying Swansea are boring pretty strange.

Nah, I agree with you there, mate.

Scoreline didn't reflect the game tbf.

Must say though, i can't think of a single Swansea player, that if he were in our squad, would've been picked over any of our players. Think we had better players 1 to 11. The way they moved the ball in and around our box was pretty impressive. I understand watching them pass back forth near the halfway line can be frustrating but they were just trying to draw us out, make us press so they could pass into the space we left. It's not a revolutionary tactic, we did it against Hull in the first 15-20 mins

Just the way they keep getting the ball centrally near the edge of our box and from there getting it wide. They did that well. Stretched us. They just didn't have a striker to cross the ball to or to play it in to.

We also looked quite dangerous in attack but it was with direct balls. Very direct to be honest, not diagonals in behind the fullback, just straight balls to the front. We did win quite a lot of those but didn't seem to have a plan as to what to do from there.

To summarise, they have inferior players to ours playing superior football to ours. Sometimes our better players will win out, sometimes their better approach and tactics will win out. Yesterday was theirs.

Guest icemanblue

:lol:

Really, is that what he was getting at? Fucking hell, what woeful crack he's got.

Didn't think he'd need me to post that Pardew's a cunt and a shit manager after every win but I'll make sure to do so for his own self esteem so he doesn't worry too much.

Funnily enough I spent the whole of the "5th" season saying the football was garbage and was accused of being negative then too because I was saying it after wins. Can't win with Inochi, nice to know someone's paying so much attention to me though. Little creep.

Vicious.

Missed this with work xmas party, canny shocking scoreline. What went down?

Depending on which camp you sit in:

We were utterly crap and Pardew is a wanker as is Howard Webb

or

They had loads of the ball but we looked more threatening, Krull had a mare for their first (and could have done better for their third), we could easily have had 2 penalties, one nailed on (at 0-1) and another could easily have been given. Scorer of their third could/should have been sent off. Sissoko and Cabaye were very poor and Obertan was Obertan - you really can genuinely question why he came on (Oh and HBA has the flu so not involved, Cisse injured in warm up and similarly unavailable). Howard Webb is a wanker.

If you remember spells of possession we had in the last 4 games, we also passed the ball back a great deal before we constructed an attack. The problem is that those defending Pardew say that its boring when other teams do it but give him credit for 4 wins when we construct our game that way and say he has changed his ways.....its all in the interpretation..

Also, when did we last score 3 goals without reply ? Swansea couldn't have been that bad if they managed it last night and - oops - they have had the 'distraction' of Euro League football as well..!

We were utterly crap and Pardew is a w***** as is Howard Webb

or

They had loads of the ball but we looked more threatening, Krull had a mare for their first (and could have done better for their third), we could easily have had 2 penalties, one nailed on (at 0-1) and another could easily have been given. Scorer of their third could/should have been sent off. Sissoko and Cabaye were very poor and Obertan was Obertan - you really can genuinely question why he came on (Oh and HBA has the flu so not involved, Cisse injured in warm up and similarly unavailable). Howard Webb is a w*****.

You'd be better off just not posting at all. You bring absolutely nothing.

We were utterly crap and Pardew is a w***** as is Howard Webb

or

They had loads of the ball but we looked more threatening, Krull had a mare for their first (and could have done better for their third), we could easily have had 2 penalties, one nailed on (at 0-1) and another could easily have been given. Scorer of their third could/should have been sent off. Sissoko and Cabaye were very poor and Obertan was Obertan - you really can genuinely question why he came on (Oh and HBA has the flu so not involved, Cisse injured in warm up and similarly unavailable). Howard Webb is a w*****.

You'd be better off just not posting at all. You bring absolutely nothing.

If you mean I'm not prone to hysteria, you'd be right. My second Para is a perfectly acceptable summary IMO