Swansea City 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/12/13 - post-match reaction from p37

Dave

Why did Swansea score just before half time and then come out still trying to play football? Why didn't they batten down the hatches and give us the ball?

Time to come up with something new. This is getting rather boring.

Is he wrong ?

Wullie is 100% :thup:

Perhaps it was just me but I thought there was a pretty extended period in that second half where we had more of the ball and looked more likely to score, they seemed happy to sit back and try and hit us on the break. Hasn't that been our gameplan for the season? Although, we've often sat back after a 2 goal lead, not 1 (which isn't very good but saying it's with a one goal advantage isn't true, IMO).

We looked likely but we never seem to make clear cut chances, it always seems to be scrappy second ball hits. We never seem to slice team open. Bugs me that like.

Not disagreeing with that, we're not a really creative side, although, Remy's chance (the handball) was a really good one. I just didn't think Swansea really tried to take it to us after the break, we settled down and they withdrew a bit and hit us on the break, which worked as we were all over the place in the middle. After the second goal, their tails were up and we were unforgivably abject, heads shouldn't drop like that.

I was getting really annoyed at them dominating the middle, while Pardew changed it, he still left 2 in the middle which was suicidal against these. Such poor management. Especially when as you said we were all over the place in there.

Yeah, I couldn't believe how thick some of the play was. I was fuming when some players were just letting their men go and run into acres of space. After the commitment and discipline we've recently seen, tonight was terrible. Tiote was abysmal and just seemed to leave the areas  front of the defence constantly. Just too gung-ho, could've been avoided.

Why did Swansea score just before half time and then come out still trying to play football? Why didn't they batten down the hatches and give us the ball?

Is he wrong ?

Perhaps it was just me but I thought there was a pretty extended period in that second half where we had more of the ball and looked more likely to score, they seemed happy to sit back and try and hit us on the break. Hasn't that been our gameplan for the season? Although, we've often sat back after a 2 goal lead, not 1 (which isn't very good but saying it's with a one goal advantage isn't true, IMO).

We looked likely but we never seem to make clear cut chances, it always seems to be scrappy second ball hits. We never seem to slice team open. Bugs me that like.

Not disagreeing with that, we're not a really creative side, although, Remy's chance (the handball) was a really good one. I just didn't think Swansea really tried to take it to us after the break, we settled down and they withdrew a bit and hit us on the break, which worked as we were all over the place in the middle. After the second goal, their tails were up and we were unforgivably abject, heads shouldn't drop like that.

This is a common theme. I think the players are as aware as the supporters that "falling behind = defeat" in almost all circumstances. I very much doubt there's any time spend doing anything other than working on Plan A, for which the mantra of "DO NOT CONCEDE FIRST" is everything.

Guest bimpy474

Is he wrong ?

I was getting really annoyed at them dominating the middle, while Pardew changed it, he still left 2 in the middle which was suicidal against these. Such poor management. Especially when as you said we were all over the place in there.

Yeah, I couldn't believe how thick some of the play was. I was fuming when some players were just letting their men go and run into acres of space. After the commitment and discipline we've recently seen, tonight was terrible. Tiote was abysmal and just seemed to leave the areas  front of the defence constantly. Just too gung-ho, could've been avoided.

Yep, back to us having no protection in front of the CB's again tonight. It's so obvious and poor you really have to wonder what Pardew is looking at.

Guest bimpy474

When was the last time we controlled the midfield in the majority of both halves with Tiote on the field? Never happens.

Howay man, when was the last time we ever did that regardless of personnel? :lol:

Just about the say the same...

Is he wrong ?

This is a common theme. I think the players are as aware as the supporters that "falling behind = defeat" in almost all circumstances. I very much doubt there's any time spend doing anything other than working on Plan A, for which the mantra of "DO NOT CONCEDE FIRST" is everything.

We go too offensive but lack a plan, we just push up and throw bodies forward. There was no contingency for them breaking, unless Tiote was back to thinking he was superman.

Guest bimpy474

Bizarre subs. Like can't even work out the reasoning behind any of them. Other than the fact that shola can't do two 90 mins so close together

The three that came off, think about it. They'll all play on Saturday. Pardew gave the game up so we can play the same line up against Manure. Profoundly encouraging is Pardew.

When was the last time we controlled the midfield in the majority of both halves with Tiote on the field? Never happens.

Howay man, when was the last time we ever did that regardless of personnel? :lol:

Did it a few times with Guthrie and Cabaye in CM.

Our last winning running finished with a bumming off a mediocre team in Wigan.

This is what I'm afraid of. That this result will terrify the poor little beacon of eloquence and we'll go back to playing panic football for 90 minutes. I hope the players can pick themselves up for Saturday.

Guest bimpy474

I love how Ronaldo comes on NO straight after a bad performance and basically states how he was right all along about Colo and Tiote..

I think you'll find he's never said anything any different. He was saying it all the way through the 4 wins in a row.

Guest icemanblue

Bit of a shiter, that. Especially disappointing considering our recent form. Performance seemed to lack any real intent, neither did we show an obvious gameplan. We did look bright just after half time, when the correct decision would have probably changed the game. Shola wasted a couple of decent chances, too. As it was, our heads dropped significantly after the second, and we left ourselves stupidly open. The subs hardly helped matters either. Struggle with the thinking behind those.

Hope it turns out to be a blip, because we go to Old Trafford with a decent chance of getting something.

I love how Ronaldo comes on NO straight after a bad performance and basically states how he was right all along about Colo and Tiote..

Neither, especially Tiote didn't even give a horrible performance.

Also, while Krul was fantastic against Spurs, I've not been massively impressed with him this season, mainly controlling his area and his distribution. I thought he could've done much better with the 1st and 3rd.

We deserved nothing and that's what we got.

Also, while Krul was fantastic against Spurs, I've not been massively impressed with him this season, mainly controlling his area and his distribution. I thought he could've done much better with the 1st and 3rd.

We deserved nothing and that's what we got.

Well, we still would've lost and I'm not suggesting we should've got a result :lol:

Bit of a shiter, that. Especially disappointing considering our recent form. Performance seemed to lack any real intent, neither did we show an obvious gameplan. We did look bright just after half time, when the correct decision would have probably changed the game. Shola wasted a couple of decent chances, too. As it was, our heads dropped significantly after the second, and we left ourselves stupidly open. The subs hardly helped matters either. Struggle with the thinking behind those.

Hope it turns out to be a blip, because we go to Old Trafford with a decent chance of getting something.

We do, because they are almost as confused as us due to hiring Moyes, a manager totally at odds with the previous pure football philosophy carefully constructed by Ferguson. In a shootout between managers with a limited understanding of the game at the top level we have as good a chance as them.

A number of issues that contributed to this horrible result:

1. The team looked lethargic and many of the players were 2nd best. Shola, Cabaye, Sissoko, Santon, Colo and Krul were below par.

2. Missed golden chances to score the first goal although the Swansea keeper made a world class save. We could also have scored if Ameobi had taken that chance.

3. Wrong subs. You don't bring on Obertan when the team is 2 goals behind. Yes I think it was right to sub Shola but his replacement should have been Cisse or HBA.

4. Two poor goals conceded mainly due to errors by Krul.

A number of issues that contributed to this horrible result:

1. The team looked lethargic and many of the players were 2nd best. Shola, Cabaye, Sissoko, Santon, Colo and Krul were below par.

2. Missed golden chances to score the first goal although the Swansea keeper made a world class save. We could also have scored if Ameobi had taken that chance.

3. Wrong subs. You don't bring on Obertan when the team is 2 goals behind. Yes I think it was right to sub Shola but his replacement should have been Cisse or HBA.

4. Two poor goals conceded mainly due to errors by Krul.

Bit difficult to bring on HBA or Cisse like.