Swansea City 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/12/13 - post-match reaction from p37

Dave

Hmm, option 2 seems a bit better explanation, cheers. Not denying we were crap like obviously, I haven't seen it.

You don't do yourself many favours at times Ian, honestly.

Eh? I haven't seen the game, I'm just saying the explanation about some stuff that happened is better. People gotsta chill.

Missed this with work xmas party, canny shocking scoreline. What went down?

Depending on which camp you sit in:

We were utterly crap and Pardew is a w***** as is Howard Webb

or

They had loads of the ball but we looked more threatening, Krull had a mare for their first (and could have done better for their third), we could easily have had 2 penalties, one nailed on (at 0-1) and another could easily have been given. Scorer of their third could/should have been sent off. Sissoko and Cabaye were very poor and Obertan was Obertan - you really can genuinely question why he came on (Oh and HBA has the flu so not involved, Cisse injured in warm up and similarly unavailable). Howard Webb is a w*****.

You'd be better off just not posting at all. You bring absolutely nothing.

If you mean I'm not prone to hysteria, you'd be right. My second Para is a perfectly acceptable summary IMO

This one's not prone to hysteria like. Not like you lot, he's cool as fuck. Geordie jeans and an eclipse sock hat.

Hmm, option 2 seems a bit better explanation, cheers. Not denying we were crap like obviously, I haven't seen it.

You don't do yourself many favours at times Ian, honestly.

Eh? I haven't seen the game, I'm just saying the explanation about some stuff that happened is better. People gotsta chill.

Don't worry option 2 is correct

or

They had loads of the ball but we looked more threatening, Krull had a mare for their first (and could have done better for their third), we could easily have had 2 penalties, one nailed on (at 0-1) and another could easily have been given. Scorer of their third could/should have been sent off. Sissoko and Cabaye were very poor and Obertan was Obertan - you really can genuinely question why he came on (Oh and HBA has the flu so not involved, Cisse injured in warm up and similarly unavailable). Howard Webb is a w*****.

If you mean I'm not prone to hysteria, you'd be right. My second Para is a perfectly acceptable summary IMO

You missed the fact that Debuchy could've easily been sent off as well, but I guess you'd put that down as a positive for us since he scored an own goal.

Guest bimpy474

We played the wrong formation, with the wrong players. And Pardew's substitutions were some of his worse ever.

And yet it still felt we were a little bit unlucky, especially the decision which were as wrong as can be.

Make no mistake though we deserved to lose.

"'I was trying to move to get out of the way"

:lol: Fair play like

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/05/article-2518888-19D90B5200000578-253_634x344.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/05/article-2518888-19D90B4700000578-580_634x359.jpg

NAILED IT

First half was fine, we were pressing them really well and looked pretty dangerous on the break.

Second half I think we must have only sent out 9 players, Swansea looked to have at least 1 man over in every area of the pitch. We attacked but there wasn't enough support so they broke us down, middle of the pitch they always had 2-3 easy passes on with no-one making if difficult and on the break there seemed to be shit loads of 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 situations in their favour.

Actually think it would have been better if we looked second best throughout, the promising first half seemed to really highlight how bad we were in the second.

First half was fine, we were pressing them really well and looked pretty dangerous on the break.

Second half I think we must have only sent out 9 players, Swansea looked to have at least 1 man over in every area of the pitch. We attacked but there wasn't enough support so they broke us down, middle of the pitch they always had 2-3 easy passes on with no-one making if difficult and on the break there seemed to be s*** loads of 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 situations in their favour.

Actually think it would have been better if we looked second best throughout, the promising first half seemed to really highlight how bad we were in the second.

It's interesting how people see games differently. I thought we allowed Swansea to settle into the game in the first half by not really closing them down. They didn't look like doing much until the 45th minute but we had allowed them to play it their way. Of course we looked dangerous at times on the counter (the save from Remy's header was awesome tbh). But they've got lots of patience and are quite happy pushing it around. I would much rather we had tried to unsettle them from the start by pressing more. Second half was much more open, we did get at them but the second goal killed us off. That goal was a bit fortunate and tbh we had some decent shouts for a penalty and one in particular looked nailed on. But I didn't particularly think we deserved much from the game, 3-0 seemed a harsh scoreline though.   

Second half I think we must have only sent out 9 players, Swansea looked to have at least 1 man over in every area of the pitch. We attacked but there wasn't enough support so they broke us down, middle of the pitch they always had 2-3 easy passes on with no-one making if difficult and on the break there seemed to be s*** loads of 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 situations in their favour.

It's interesting how people see games differently. I thought we allowed Swansea to settle into the game in the first half by not really closing them down. They didn't look like doing much until the 45th minute but we had allowed them to play it their way. Of course we looked dangerous at times on the counter (the save from Remy's header was awesome tbh). But they've got lots of patience and are quite happy pushing it around. I would much rather we had tried to unsettle them from the start by pressing more. Second half was much more open, we did get at them but the second goal killed us off. That goal was a bit fortunate and tbh we had some decent shouts for a penalty and one in particular looked nailed on. But I didn't particularly think we deserved much from the game, 3-0 seemed a harsh scoreline though.   

I'm with Quayside.  Thought we were abysmal first half - and them not creating clear cut chances was more by luck than judgement on our part.  They had some decent movement 'between the lines' but we lacked energy, the formation was wrong and we were second to everything.  Second half (until the last knockings) we had a real 'good go' and looked energised.  Obvs the game opened up - to our cost - but at least we looked arsed

Guest icemanblue

Yep. Nice to read some sensible opinions on how the game went, rather than the vitriolic 'comedy' posts.

or

You missed the fact that Debuchy could've easily been sent off as well, but I guess you'd put that down as a positive for us since he scored an own goal.

But rightly he wasn't, our penalty claim(s) weren't rightly not given. We were poor too many major players off their game (as I said above) but we weren't truly 3-0 poor, harsh if you will.