Swansea City 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/12/13 - post-match reaction from p37

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW we should have had a pen and Shelvey should have been sent off.

That's what happens when you rely upon the fatal mixture of things that are blatant and Howard Webb, who is terrible every single time he refs our matches.

Saying that we also relied upon luck again and funnily enough it didn't work.

Guest bimpy474

Why did Swansea score just before half time and then come out still trying to play football? Why didn't they batten down the hatches and give us the ball?

Time to come up with something new. This is getting rather boring.

Is he wrong ?

Not at all, but there are posts like that every day on here. It's not funny anymore.

Not sure Wullie finds it funny, probably sick to death of seeing it happen.

Aye, I know, just fucking sick of reading it every fucking day :lol: I've got nowt against Wullie and I understand his frustatration. I think we're all sick of it.

I've not reached the fed up with it time just yet :lol:

We should definitely should have had a pen, but I disagree on Shelvey being sent off. Would have been ludicrous, the kind of pathetically soft shite we all moan about when it's in another match.

FWIW we should have had a pen and Shelvey should have been sent off.

That's what happens when you rely upon the fatal mixture of things that are blatant and Howard Webb, who is terrible every single time he refs our matches.

Saying that we also relied upon luck again and funnily enough it didn't work.

2 pens, williams makes no attempt for the ball on the second, plays the man not the ball.

Guest firetotheworks

Kneejerk opinion time:

Judging Swansea by the handful of games I've seen:

Swansea have p*ss poor-to-average players who are simply coached exceptionally well in a style of play that makes them significantly greater than the sum of their parts. They play moderately attacking, penetrative, creative football with surprisingly smart linkup and quick, confident interchanging between the entire team, allowing complex team moves to build. Their points come from being effective as a team.

Judging us by the past few years:

We have average-to-good players who are coached exceptionally poorly in a style of play that makes us significantly less than the sum of our parts. We play dull, defensive, workman-like football with minimal linkup play and interchanging that is usually limited to two players passing it between themselves a couple of times at most, leading to very basic "team moves" that inevitably results in a hopeful, blind punt into the penalty box. Our points come from those good players capable of regularly putting in excellent performances here and there and a reliance on the opposition being consistently s***/wasteful in the final third.

Absolutely spot on there.

We were shit and didn't deserve to get anything out of the game. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this match whatsoever - at the end of the day we aren't going down and we aren't qualifying for Europe. What the fuck does it matter whether we finish 17th or 10th? We'll still have the same transfer policy, same manager, same owner, 52,000 screaming Geordies, same skill-less workmanlike players etc

Why did Swansea score just before half time and then come out still trying to play football? Why didn't they batten down the hatches and give us the ball?

Time to come up with something new. This is getting rather boring.

Is he wrong ?

Wullie is 100% :thup:

When exactly did the Shelvey incident occur? I think I'll have to watch it once more.

It was the non-headbutt towards Debuchy, wasn't it? I think that's what everyone is talking about, but I find it baffling.

When exactly did the Shelvey incident occur? I think I'll have to watch it once more.

Corner shortly after the second goal. All a load of nothing - just him and Debuchy in each other's faces. It was more of a Scouse lunge than a head-butt.

Guest palnese

It was the non-headbutt towards Debuchy, wasn't it? I think that's what everyone is talking about, but I find it baffling.

Yeah, probably. I didn't think he did much wrong at the time.

Corner shortly after the second goal. All a load of nothing. Just him and Debuchy in each other's faces. It was more a Scouse lunge than a head-butt.

Should at least have been a yellow though. If Debuchy was CRonaldo Shelvey would have been off, but I'm glad he didn't go to ground like a soft shite.

Of all the days for Ben Arfa to be sick and Cisse to pick up an injury. They've both been available for the last 4 games and barely played. Today's game they would have both come on in at some point if they'd been available.

I thought Sissoko was probably our best player. Cabaye wasn't good and neither was Tiote. Gouffran didn't really worry them. I didn't think Remy had the best of games either. Apart from the Tottenham game Krul hasn't seemed that assured to me this season. Pretty much a poor game all round.

Guest firetotheworks

Dem rules, though. The lack of a red card promotes cheating imo.

If Debuchy went down there, it was much more likely to be a red. There's no value in honesty when so many people are rewarded for lying.

Dem rules, though. The lack of a red card promotes cheating imo.

If Debuchy went down there, it was much more likely to be a red. There's no value in honesty when so many people are rewarded for lying.

Agree with this.

It's becoming more and more frustrating each time we have this type of loss. Based on the evidence, you have to expect they're going to come pretty frequently. But every time it happens, it just reinforces the knowledge that they're going to keep coming and coming long as Pardew's here--which is infuriating.

Poor for long stretches but the "no strikers and they scored 3 argh its so embarrassing" thing doesn't really wash.

First goal: utter howler from Krul.

Second goal: miracle of an OG

Third goal: howler from Krul. Guy who scored shouldn't be on the pitch.

Webb gave us absolutely nothing. We've had similar levels of performance in other games and come away with points. By far my biggest gripe is how they absolutely packed it in after the second goal. Shameful.

This is pretty much how I feel.

Our execution of the counter game was piss poor however. The chances we did make were squandered but the majority of our possession resulted in the wrong decision being made. Perhaps allowing Swansea so much space/time for their own gameplan was the wrong idea but in all honesty they never scored (nor looked like scoring) from that kind of set up.