Swansea City 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/12/13 - post-match reaction from p37

Dave

A number of issues that contributed to this horrible result:

1. The team looked lethargic and many of the players were 2nd best. Shola, Cabaye, Sissoko, Santon, Colo and Krul were below par.

2. Missed golden chances to score the first goal although the Swansea keeper made a world class save. We could also have scored if Ameobi had taken that chance.

3. Wrong subs. You don't bring on Obertan when the team is 2 goals behind. Yes I think it was right to sub Shola but his replacement should have been Cisse or HBA.

4. Two poor goals conceded mainly due to errors by Krul.

Bit difficult to bring on HBA or Cisse like.

A number of issues that contributed to this horrible result:

1. The team looked lethargic and many of the players were 2nd best. Shola, Cabaye, Sissoko, Santon, Colo and Krul were below par.

2. Missed golden chances to score the first goal although the Swansea keeper made a world class save. We could also have scored if Ameobi had taken that chance.

3. Wrong subs. You don't bring on Obertan when the team is 2 goals behind. Yes I think it was right to sub Shola but his replacement should have been Cisse or HBA.

4. Two poor goals conceded mainly due to errors by Krul.

I should also add:

5. Thanks to Howard f***ing Webb we were denied 2 panalties.

I don't agree with anyone saying Swansea were positive or attacking like. They created nothing in the first half until the (fortunate) goal and were happy just to cycle the ball around the back line without ever trying any kind of interesting pass.

Second half was just classic counter attacking, although again with a massive kimbo slice of luck.

I don't agree with anyone saying Swansea were positive or attacking like. They created nothing in the first half until the (fortunate) goal and were happy just to cycle the ball around the back line without ever trying any kind of interesting pass.

Second half was just classic counter attacking, although again with a massive kimbo slice of luck.

It's strange that luck only goes against us and never for us.

I love how Ronaldo comes on NO straight after a bad performance and basically states how he was right all along about Colo and Tiote..

Neither, especially Tiote didn't even give a horrible performance.

Nonsense, man.

I will be all ears if you could highlight some instances where we've been particularly lucky tonight?

hahahaha what the fuck happened here? Just seen the score.

What you would expect to happen when one Premier League side asks another Premier League side to attack them without fighting back, happened.

hahahaha what the f*** happened here? Just seen the score.

We s*** ourselves and got dicked. Pretty standard stuff.

Any post-game comments from Alan Pardew?

Aye, he's even more worried about Man Utd than he was before.

I will be all ears if you could highlight some instances where we've been particularly lucky tonight?

I wasn't referring to tonight.

Shame you're posting in tonight's post match thread then really isn't it.

Debuchy not being sent off.

Debuchy not being sent off.

First viewing looked worse than it actually was IMO. One-footed, not particularly off the floor, and from straight on. He just overstretched, mistimed it and was rightly booked.

We came to counter but our organisation and energy was crap, cue a formation change after 12 minutes. They had the majority of possession but looked largely toothless until Krul made a poor clearance and our sleepy defenders didn't react to Dyer standing alone in the box. We came out well enough in the second but were far too open, they looked dangerous on the counter and got a flukey goal out of it. Our heads dropped completely, mix that in with some daft subs and you've got a third goal, which Krul could've done better with. Our lot looked generally sluggish on the night and our gameplan after going behind was a load of shit.

I could see what our gameplan was (to attack Swansea on the break) but we executed it rather badly. Pardew's attempts to change things around didn't work either (for instance, the swapping the wingers around tactic again was a waste of time) and our play lacked that extra bit of urgency. We gave Swansea too much time on the ball and gave them too much respect and that cost us in the end.

We came to counter but our organisation and energy was crap, cue a formation change after 12 minutes. They had the majority of possession but looked largely toothless until Krul made a poor clearance and our sleepy defenders didn't react to Dyer standing alone in the box. We came out well enough in the second but were far too open, they looked dangerous on the counter and got a flukey goal out of it. Our heads dropped completely, mix that in with some daft subs and you've got a third goal, which Krul could've done better with. Our lot looked generally sluggish on the night and our gameplan after going behind was a load of s***.

Our game plan before going behind was a load of shite, that's why we went behind.

We came to counter but our organisation and energy was crap, cue a formation change after 12 minutes. They had the majority of possession but looked largely toothless until Krul made a poor clearance and our sleepy defenders didn't react to Dyer standing alone in the box. We came out well enough in the second but were far too open, they looked dangerous on the counter and got a flukey goal out of it. Our heads dropped completely, mix that in with some daft subs and you've got a third goal, which Krul could've done better with. Our lot looked generally sluggish on the night and our gameplan after going behind was a load of s***.

Our game plan before going behind was a load of s****, that's why we went behind.

Going to Swansea with a counter approach is not shit, it's what got us the win there 2 years ago. We've got players that are well-suited to it and it can lead to some excellent and effective football. Executing it is a different matter, both on the attacking and defending fronts, we were poor, especially the latter.

We came to counter but our organisation and energy was crap, cue a formation change after 12 minutes. They had the majority of possession but looked largely toothless until Krul made a poor clearance and our sleepy defenders didn't react to Dyer standing alone in the box. We came out well enough in the second but were far too open, they looked dangerous on the counter and got a flukey goal out of it. Our heads dropped completely, mix that in with some daft subs and you've got a third goal, which Krul could've done better with. Our lot looked generally sluggish on the night and our gameplan after going behind was a load of shit.

This is pretty much spot on

Going to Swansea with a counter approach is not s***, it's what got us the win there 2 years ago. We've got players that are well-suited to it and it can lead to some excellent and effective football. Executing it is a different matter, both on the attacking and defending fronts, we were poor, especially the latter.

It was shit, we let them get at us when in reality we should have had a go at them as they had nobody to worry about up front.  If you invite players on to you, you'll make mistakes and you will pay for those mistakes more often than not and we did.