Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The second game is their biggest game of the season now, and they need to win  by 3 clear goals. 3 days after hosting Liverpool.

They've won by 3 clear goals only 4 times all season, in 39 tries. Swansea (A), Villa (A), and Leverkusen (A). Only once at home and it was 4-0 to Norwich at COC

Still think they'll scrape through though, but it's still very entertaining :D

I didn't see all of the game last night but that could easily be the worst I've ever seen Man Utd play. They were comfortably second best for the whole thing. They didn't look as if they were set out to go for it, they were far too wide and the crowd got to them too, I think.

"Cautious start," I remember Clive saying. Er, no, they were clearly being battered from the word go.

How are people actually defending Moyes here :lol:

He did an excellent job at Everton, no denying that. However he won fuck all and on the whole played rather unattractive football. I think it's a surprise just how far back he's took Man Utd but it's not a surprise to see him failing and producing dog shit football.

Think it was expected for Man Utd to go backwards with Fergie leaving and basically give up their title with minimal fight. Can't say you'd have expected them to be level on points with Everton and only 5 points ahead of us come March though, along with being out of both cups and on the verge of exit in the CL, that's just tragic on all levels.

Moyes is ridiculously out of his depth. I'm not sure how people can argue that anymore. Olympiakos are a bang average side and they were the better team throughout the whole of that game. Granted the squad  was made to look better than t is by ferguson but that doesn't explain away the rudimentary tactics, and the sharp decline.

You've spelt magic wrong.

Moyes is ridiculously out of his depth. I'm not sure how people can argue that anymore. Olympiakos are a bang average side and they were the better team throughout the whole of that game. Granted the squad  was made to look better than t is by ferguson but that doesn't explain away the rudimentary tactics, and the sharp decline.

You've spelt magic wrong.

Whoops quoted the wrong post :lol:

He did an excellent job at Everton, no denying that. However he won fuck all and on the whole played rather unattractive football. I think it's a surprise just how far back he's took Man Utd but it's not a surprise to see him failing and producing dog shit football.

Think it was expected for Man Utd to go backwards with Fergie leaving and basically give up their title with minimal fight. Can't say you'd have expected them to be level on points with Everton and only 5 points ahead of us come March though, along with being out of both cups and on the verge of exit in the CL, that's just tragic on all levels.

Still better than your hero.

He did an excellent job at Everton, no denying that. However he won f*** all and on the whole played rather unattractive football. I think it's a surprise just how far back he's took Man Utd but it's not a surprise to see him failing and producing dog s*** football.

Still better than your hero.

Just a better version, being better than Pardew isn't something you'd brag about :lol:

Difference with Man Utd is you know when they eventually sack him, they will go out and get a world class manager and not risk shite again like Moyes at that level.

I don't have the faith Ashley won't take another risk like Kinnear/Hughton again and fancy him to just scrape the bottom of the barrel for another cheap random manager.

This thread is going to be awkward as s*** when we replace Pardew with Moyes.

I would fwap my cock off if that happened.

This is where i'm lost though. Results might be more consistent but the standard of football isn't really going to improve by a great deal and suddenly be in the bracket of the other good footballing teams in the league. Yet that's what people seem to want most, to be playing football in which the likes of Southampton/Swansea do. Moyes wouldn’t bring anything close to that.

Don't remember Moyes being called negative or s*** on here after the times he took his Everton side to SJP and deservedly won. Or when he took Keegan's side to the cleaners with Anichebe and Yakubu up front.

Ferguson was an absolute miracle worker, I said it umpteen times during his reign.

He's just not a fit for this team, man. It's simple.

Give him a more robust team, like the first Chelsea side under Mourinho, and he'd be looking a lot better.

Mourinho goes to Chelsea takes one look at Mata and is like, nah. He knows what works for him. Moyes is still pandering to the previous style, and it's not him.

Either he does it his way, or he's toast.

Yep.

Guest Dontooner

Still take him over Pardew any day, at least there is a guarantee style which could be built on rather than a fraud that wings his way through the season.

Still take him over Pardew any day, at least there is a guarantee style which could be built on rather than a fraud that wings his way through the season.

I would most certainly take him, but then i'm not arguing the case it's an absolute must for good football here. A fair few on here just want to see good football so i'd be surprised if they would take him and build a style of football they don't want to see here.

This is where i'm lost though. Results might be more consistent but the standard of football isn't really going to improve by a great deal and suddenly be in the bracket of the other good footballing teams in the league. Yet that's what people seem to want most, to be playing football in which the likes of Southampton/Swansea do. Moyes wouldn’t bring anything close to that.

Moyes at Everton played some very good football during his last few years there, and he had a clear vision of how he wanted his team to play. If you don't see a significant step up in the quality of his Everton team compared to the dross your man is serving up then you're more of a lost cause than I thought. He wasn't relaying on one or two players to "produce a bit of magic" to win games, but rather he had his team knowing how to approach a game. We would never see a season like last one under Moyes, under Pardew it's always going to be a couple of injuries away.

High pressing and Manu's inability to bring the ball out of defense = Pardew Moye's Hoofball, which had no effect on the game whatsoever, just led to the turks getting more possession and attacking opportunities.

Must be really galling for the Mancs to see Rooney dropping between the central defenders to receive the ball at times...  ;D :cheesy:

Moyes at Everton played some very good football during his last few years there, and he had a clear vision of how he wanted his team to play. If you don't see a significant step up in the quality of his Everton team compared to the dross your man is serving up then you're more of a lost cause than I thought. He wasn't relaying on one or two players to "produce a bit of magic" to win games, but rather he had his team knowing how to approach a game. We would never see a season like last one under Moyes, under Pardew it's always going to be a couple of injuries away.

So where's this good football at Man Utd if that's his style? What is the style at Man Utd? Scoring a goal then sitting back? Conceding then have no plan B to change things around?

Martinez seems to have went into Everton and got them playing better football than Moyes. How often were people saying i wish we played football like Moyes' Everton?

Any team can play good football at times given the quality, even Newcastle have managed it this season. It's completely different thing showing it in a match here and there or having the same good football style weekly.

People also forget Moyes had a couple of poor seasons himself at Everton when they were bottom half and there was pressure for a sacking but Kenwright kept the faith and he always responded the season after. Wasn't like it was rosey year after year during his time.