Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Honestly, Everton last season played very good football. Better than some of the stuff i've seen Everton play this year. The intensity was very high.

At Man Utd. he's in no mans land. He's trying to respect SAF's style and keep elements of that along with his own style. Everton played much better than the dross Man Utd have served up this season.

People also forget Moyes had a couple of poor seasons himself at Everton when they were bottom half and there was pressure for a sacking but Kenwright kept the faith and he always responded the season after. Wasn't like it was rosey year after year during his time.

No they don't.

Honestly, Everton last season played very good football. Better than some of the stuff i've seen Everton play this year. The intensity was very high.

At Man Utd. he's in no mans land. He's trying to respect SAF's style and keep elements of that along with his own style. Everton played much better than the dross Man Utd have served up this season.

Plus he wasn't allowed or wanted to totally rebuild when he took over. We all saw last season that they needed major investment, even though they won the league.

People also forget Moyes had a couple of poor seasons himself at Everton when they were bottom half and there was pressure for a sacking but Kenwright kept the faith and he always responded the season after. Wasn't like it was rosey year after year during his time.

No they don't.

Well people should maybe take that into account when Pardew has only had one bad season in the league here, looks like he's going on to have another good league finish, so that would be two good finishes and one poor one.

Wasn't like Moyes constantly had Everton playing fancy football throughout his time. He had good spells and bad spells but Everton stuck with him and it paid off even when there was big rumours he was on the brink of the sack a couple of times during his reign. Then he had no cup success either for Everton so not like he can brag about that either and arguably Everton’s biggest game for him in charge was CL qualifier and he lost that too.

Not denying he's better than Pardew and for me personally i would actually have him here but it wouldn't bother me if produced s*** football and got the results. As for Man Utd, they should never have hired him as he isn't at that standard of quality and way out of his depth. They will be too stubborn to sack him now but they are only delaying the inevitable imo. He's not a world class manager and Man Utd should have one of them in charge, not fannying about with just a good PL manager.

Brett, I think you have a lot of these conversations in your head.  Either that or one person out of a hundred on here says something and suddenly that's what everyone has said.

A lot on here just want us to play like Swansea/Southampton, Moyes wouldn't bring that so they shouldn't want him. I'd never have a Moyes side in the bracket of Rodger's Liverpool or Wenger's Arsenal and so forth. Not like his teams are exciting and good to watch.

The second leg semi final against Sunderland summed him up for me, dominated them and then scored, then sat back on it and just looked to counter even though he had far superior players to that of his opposition. Then forced to attack and they carve them open straight away, something they could have done straight after their first goal and put the tie to bed.

No they don't.

Well people should maybe take that into account when Pardew has only had one bad season in the league here, looks like he's going on to have another good league finish, so that would be two good finishes and one poor one.

Wasn't like Moyes constantly had Everton playing fancy football throughout his time. He had good spells and bad spells but Everton stuck with him and it paid off even when there was big rumours he was on the brink of the sack a couple of times during his reign. Then he had no cup success either for Everton so not like he can brag about that either and arguably Everton’s biggest game for him in charge was CL qualifier and he lost that too.

Not denying he's better than Pardew and for me personally i would actually have him here but it wouldn't bother me if produced s*** football and got the results. As for Man Utd, they should never have hired him as he isn't at that standard of quality and way out of his depth. They will be too stubborn to sack him now but they are only delaying the inevitable imo. He's not a world class manager and Man Utd should have one of them in charge, not fannying about with just a good PL manager.

Why should they? Pardew is a fucking clueless bellend while Moyes had his sides playing with a decent style and which mainly punched above their weight.

They're gonna spend f***ing ludicrous money in the summer aren't they. :anguish:

200 million available i read somewhere this morning.

Potentially an epic fail on the way if he doesn't do the business after that. In theory anyone should be able to nearly win the league with that sort of money.

Why should they? Pardew is a f***ing clueless bellend while Moyes had his sides playing with a decent style and which mainly punched above their weight.

Inconsistencies at the start such 15th, 7th, 17th, 4th and 11th. It took time before he finally established himself. When you’re on the verge of the sack a few times, you are clearly encountering some problems but they stuck by him even if there was pressure from fans/media. I'm not saying Pardew needs same length of time, it's more of a case how long would we stick by Moyes to rebuild? Especially under Ashley where money won't be thrown at him.

Our fans are known to be impatient and if Moyes was struggling for results whilst also not playing good football, I’m not sure our fans would have the patience to stand by him.

Why should they? Pardew is a f***ing clueless bellend while Moyes had his sides playing with a decent style and which mainly punched above their weight.

Inconsistencies at the start such 15th, 7th, 17th, 4th and 11th. It took time before he finally established himself. When you’re on the verge of the sack a few times, you are clearly encountering some problems but they stuck by him even if there was pressure from fans/media. I'm not saying Pardew needs same length of time, it's more of a case how long would we stick by Moyes to rebuild? Especially under Ashley where money won't be thrown at him.

Our fans are known to be impatient and if Moyes was struggling for results whilst also not playing good football, I’m not sure our fans would have the patience to stand by him.

Yeah but he wasn't really doing either.

8th or 9th "another good league finish"  :(

We finish top 8, i'd class that as a good finish. Sure Everton would think the same. If you put yourself in that mix, you give yourself a chance to push on to the next level following season. The problem is the fact the top 6 now look rock solid imo, going to take some real investment from us or Everton to break into it.

Man Utd are still certain for a top 6 finish imo. I know they've shipped in some awful performances but with most of their squad getting back to full fitness, i think they'll do enough to cement that spot ahead of anyone else.

Then next season you'd fancy Liverpool to spend big money since they haven't over last couple of windows, especially with potential CL money coming in. Spurs always seems to pluck up money out their arse to invest and then Man Utd are rumoured to go on a wild spending spree. I do really struggle to see someone breaking into that top 6 anytime soon. This was potentially a great season to do so with a lot of changes taking place and we got ourselves in a position to go for it but decided to sell our playmaker and sign no players permanently. Ultimately let down by Ashley once again to no great surprise.

They're gonna spend f***ing ludicrous money in the summer aren't they. :anguish:

Potentially an epic fail on the way if he doesn't do the business after that. In theory anyone should be able to nearly win the league with that sort of money.

I think there's a great chance he'll still fail. If I was putting money on it I'd bet he will be binned before next season's out.

I think there's a great chance he'll still fail. If I was putting money on it I'd bet he will be binned before next season's out.

I think attracting all the right players will still be quite tricky, especially if they're non-CL. Also the issue of Rooney and Mata playing together. I would have been tempted to cash in on Rooney TBH, or not sign Mata.

We finish top 8, i'd class that as a good finish. Sure Everton would think the same. If you put yourself in that mix, you give yourself a chance to push on to the next level following season. The problem is the fact the top 6 now look rock solid imo, going to take some real investment from us or Everton to break into it.

Man Utd are still certain for a top 6 finish imo. I know they've shipped in some awful performances but with most of their squad getting back to full fitness, i think they'll do enough to cement that spot ahead of anyone else.

Then next season you'd fancy Liverpool to spend big money since they haven't over last couple of windows, especially with potential CL money coming in. Spurs always seems to pluck up money out their arse to invest and then Man Utd are rumoured to go on a wild spending spree. I do really struggle to see someone breaking into that top 6 anytime soon. This was potentially a great season to do so with a lot of changes taking place and we got ourselves in a position to go for it but decided to sell our playmaker and sign no players permanently. Ultimately let down by Ashley once again to no great surprise.

I'd say that the 'top 6' looks as easy to break into as ever. It's not long ago the 'top 4' were totally impenetrable, now Spurs, Everton and Liverpool are all fighting for champions league places, whilst Man Utd fuck about down in the table with us. It was this season we had the chance to move on, push on into what is quite obviously a very open top end of the table.

To say the 'top 6' is cemented is ridiculous, and you're only doing so to support your own point.

Liverpool haven't spent too much over the last couple of windows I suppose considering what they often spend (£20m net).  But they have spent nearly £100m net over the last 3 seasons.  As you say it really comes down to if they get a Champions League place or not.  Spurs usually sell to buy as well.

I didn't think Everton played unattractive football and indeed were very easy on the eye at times tbh.

This is a myth that likes to be peddled, the notion that we played shite football. We used to, but 06/07 onwards we played some very good stuff, but equally could play long too. We had a very good mix.

I think everything boils down to the fact that while Moyes did a very, very good job with us - and I'd never seek to deny that - he never won anything. That's a problem when you go to a team which has won things constantly for many, many years and is used to winning. While you'd expect there to be a transition and them perhaps not to be seriously in the title race this season - I imagine most fans would accept that - the amount he's taken them backwards is absurd. He hasn't got a winning mentality and that is proving a serious problem. This is the man who described going to places like Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford as "taking a knife to a gun fight" and "you just hope to get out of alive."

The second major mistake he has made IMO (general on-pitch questions aside) is getting rid of Fergie's backroom staff. Really don't think that was a wise move in the slightest.