Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Cardiff City - 04/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 21

BlueStar

Pardews;

Reckons we were 'in control for 70 mins'.

'Wonder goal out of nothing for the winner and then a set play'

'Questioning the referee in the run up to the equaliser'

'Disappointed with the players - players were up for it. We played well and contained them first half'

'Effort and commitment was there'

'At home - you cannot back off against quality sides - you cannot be negative' (he seriously said that!) Genuine trolling attempt to end there?

:lol:

Did he think it was next week?

I hate Obertan more than most but there were worse than him. I thought even though Cisse scored he had a shocker. Looked like he couldn't be arsed and was offside all the time.

Who was worse than Obertan? He is a senseless player. His runs actually impede our other attackers, he doesn't make a challenge (i.e. on their first goal) - he has nothing going for him. Cisse might have been poor but at least he scored his one chance.

Yet Marveaux has been dumped 100% on the scrap heap and many people are apparently comfortable with that.

Pardews;

'Disappointed with the players - players were up for it. We played well and contained them first half'

'At home - you cannot back off against quality sides - you cannot be negative' (he seriously said that!) Genuine trolling attempt to end there?

Did he think it was next week?

I can't believe the game he watches at time, fucking lunatic. How are they a quality side and surely we should be doing more than containing them in first half. Is he for fucking real

Pardews tactics spot on Brett?  :lol:

Was disappointed not to see Bigi given a chance. But he went with experience but tactics were clearly not spot on as we couldn't control the match for long periods. Anita and Tiote were being overrun, Ben Arfa was dropping too deep when we had possession and Sissoko and Gouffran weren't stretching them enough.

We got the goal then we should have killed the game off but it was just the same and both teams couldn't get control which was poor. I want to see replay but looked like Eliot had a shocker to beat from there and then we got done off a corner which you could see was coming and they are a massive threat from them. Overall was shocking by Pardew and some horrendous individual performances. Just another flat FA cup performance which we've seen all too often down the years and it's horrible.

It's the lack of ambition and constant dampening of expectations, a good manager doesn't constantly write off his teams chances.

Sick of reading the same fucking bullshit from him, attempting to brainwash us into thinking we are a fucking non league side playing in the Premiership.

Pardews;

Fuck sake. They're a shit team.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1355/38/1355385346002.gif

Was disappointed not to see Bigi given a chance. But he went with experience but tactics were clearly not spot on as we couldn't control the match for long periods. Anita and Tiote were being overrun, Ben Arfa was dropping too deep when we had possession and Sissoko and Gouffran weren't stretching them enough.

We got the goal then we should have killed the game off but it was just the same and both teams couldn't get control which was poor. I want to see replay but looked like Eliot had a shocker to beat from there and then we got done off a corner which you could see was coming and they are a massive threat from them. Overall was shocking by Pardew and some horrendous individual performances. Just another flat FA cup performance which we've seen all too often down the years and it's horrible.

Fair enough.

On Bigi I'm not much of a fan personally I  don't see anything in him which leads me to believe he's got anything other than average.

Gouff and Moussa have looked tired for a couple of games now which is partly down to the amount of work Pardew asks them to do imo.

I'm the opposite, really do like him and when he's playing well in the under 21's consistently yet Obertan can apparently storm off last week then get half an hour today is a joke. I know it's not same positions but we had no CM's on the bench today and he deserved at least that.

I'm the opposite, really do like him and when he's playing well in the under 21's consistently yet Obertan can apparently storm off last week then get half an hour today is a joke. I know it's not same positions but we had no CM's on the bench today and he deserved at least that.

When it's between Sammy and Obertan I think I'd rather Pardew went on.

Do people honestly think Ashley is on the blower telling him to not bother with this game ? :lol:

Be interesting to see what he would have done if Colo, Cabs and Debuch had been available, yes he may still have rested them but we would have had a game changing bench.

Ashley has driven the fans to paranoid delusions

If Pardew is trying his best in the FA Cup then he's even f***ing worse than I thought.

You honestly believe he doesn't try to win every game we play ?

No manager in the world doesn't want to win every game, yes there may be priorities but I am sure he wanted to win today.

So why play a total negative midfield, bring one of the worst players ever to wear and black and white shirt on (after walking out of the club 6 days previously also) and then wait until Cardiff's second goal to bring Remy on and constantly over this last week talk about tired players and that the FA should change the format of the cup - really seems to me a person  wanting to win the game - NOT!

control_minutes=equaliser_minute - 3

That's because his idea of control is to contain the opposition. Therefore until we concede we are always 'in control' in his mind. He said similar again WBA. Negative cunt that he is.

If those quotes are real than that's absolutely staggering stuff. Quality side? Containing them?!

The bloke is just a cunt end of

When it's between Sammy and Obertan I think I'd rather Pardew went on.

Bit harsh on Sammy, it's not a great choice to have to make but he deserves to be on the pitch more than Obertan.

Fair enough.

On Bigi I'm not much of a fan personally I  don't see anything in him which leads me to believe he's got anything other than average.

Gouff and Moussa have looked tired for a couple of games now which is partly down to the amount of work Pardew asks them to do imo.

Gouffran and Sissoko are probably the two players most in need of a rest yet both played today.

Guest bimpy474

Didn't follow this, depressingly knew we would get knocked out as usual.

Seemed Pardew named a stronger side than most people were expecting, what went wrong?

We're lead by a passionless cunt of a manager, who has failed repeatedly to get the team fired up for FA Cup games.

We played dull, unimaginative football, so boring Cardiff decided they didn't want a replay, and the fact they scored confused the fuck of the absolute cunt in the dug out.

Guest Bert Shaft

Just got in to find that another less than full strength Newcastle team has meekly surrendered in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup for the umpteenth time in recent years.

No ambition other than finishing 9th or 10th in the league.

The c*nts that own, run and play for the club make me fu*cking sick.... :rant:

Fair enough.

Gouffran and Sissoko are probably the two players most in need of a rest yet both played today.

They've become his go-to guys in the same way that Jonas was, and for the same reason - that they are both willing and able to play in various positions when the formation is being chopped and changed for game to game, half to half, and will both work hard into the bargain. They've both played nearly everywhere in the front 5/6. Instead of making two changes, he'll make one and tell one of them to do a different job instead.

Disco's absolutely spot on with his point about Pardew being unable to rotate, he's unbelievably poor at it and it's a very clear sign that he doesn't belong at the top level.

Those that were there, did we attack today and what were we generally set-up to do from the off?

Sporadic attacks at the beginning of the second half but we played like it was a meaningless friendly. Even when we were 1-2 down there wasn't much urgency.