Remy Cabella

Yaron

Genuinely think in a quicker paced team with more creative options that Cisse would find his form again.

I don't think he'd find that form he had when he arrived again, but he'd probably be near enough to a 1 in 2 striker IMO. Which is very good in itself.

Cisse is s*** man.

No he's not shit. He's a striker who relies on chances to be created for him in a team that is not set up to create chances. He's not a 1/2 chance snatcher/vulture of a striker like Ba, nor is he the create your own shot or space striker like Remy, he's a put the ball in the box enough times or play it into space enough and I'll score. Unfortunately he plays in a team where we take 25 yard shots, have shit crossing, 0 movement, and generally place a striker on an island. He's still our best (proven) striker on our books and until we get another Remy/Ba player or Manu/Chuck step up we are looking light in the goals department.

Cisse is s*** man.

No he's not s***. He's a striker who relies on chances to be created for him in a team that is not set up to create chances. He's not a 1/2 chance snatcher/vulture of a striker like Ba, nor is he the create your own shot or space striker like Remy, he's a put the ball in the box enough times or play it into space enough and I'll score. Unfortunately he plays in a team where we take 25 yard shots, have s*** crossing, 0 movement, and generally place a striker on an island. He's still our best (proven) striker on our books and until we get another Remy/Ba player or Manu/Chuck step up we are looking light in the goals department.

Sounds like Darren Bent.

If you're a striker that's dependent on service, you need to be useful in build-up play/holding the ball up and bring others in. He's crap mate. His level of finishing isn't good enough.

What other striker in the league fits that description and would make a good signing? Hernandez perhaps. And he's great at scrappy goals too.

If it was up to me I'd have Ba or Remy in my team and call it a day :lol:

But I'm speaking about our CURRENT squad and we've got Cisse, Manu, and Chucky man. So how do we get the best out of Cisse? Put in 2 dynamic playmakers in Cabella and Ben Arfa and give them freedom to play football. You then place De Jong behind Cisse and let him link things up, build-up play and provide a bit of aerial presence and intelligence in attack.  That's all I'm saying - put in 2 players who can make space and play creative balls to Cisse for which he can thrive on, and you handle his lack of build up play and linking with De Jong who can also provide goal threat.

Alternatively, Manu could be a decent partner for Cisse as he could very much be a Leon Best-like worker.

Cisse is s*** man.

No he's not shit. He's a striker who relies on chances to be created for him in a team that is not set up to create chances. He's not a 1/2 chance snatcher/vulture of a striker like Ba, nor is he the create your own shot or space striker like Remy, he's a put the ball in the box enough times or play it into space enough and I'll score. Unfortunately he plays in a team where we take 25 yard shots, have shit crossing, 0 movement, and generally place a striker on an island. He's still our best (proven) striker on our books and until we get another Remy/Ba player or Manu/Chuck step up we are looking light in the goals department.

Couldn't agree more, all valid points. Don't be surprised if he ends up being our front man again this season. He's not a top quality striker as many are keen to point out, but until we spend the money on buying one, he's as close as to one as we are likely to get.

By the same token, I can imagine Cisse's lack of intelligence in terms of offsides being a headfuck for someone like Cabella and De Jong. For Cabella, maybe having to hold on to the ball longer than wanted because Cisse hasn't timed his run, or same for De Jong when he's making a run to support Cisse but his touch is off, or offside again. Both characteristics of we've seen over the last 2 years with Cisse.

In any case, we'll need someone getting in the box and getting on the end of chances. Last season Cisse was more likely to be that person when Remy was out, as Luuk de Jong was not really interested in scoring goals. If someone else will step up to the plate this time round all well and good, but after the first 90 mins of the season we still haven't opened our account.

Guest antz1uk

Well tin hat on here, but i'm not convinced on what i've seen so far, tends to always go to his right, so easy to knock off the ball and likes a bit of rolling around the floor instead of just getting on with it, however it's early days yet so will keep an open mind

Well tin hat on here, but i'm not convinced on what i've seen so far, tends to always go to his right, so easy to knock off the ball and likes a bit of rolling around the floor instead of just getting on with it, however it's early days yet so will keep an open mind

Our movement is still shite, players like Cabella need good movement around them to look good and he'll not get that too often.

Like HBA, he's the only one that can seemingly do anything out of the ordinary and thus when he doesn't get a goal/assist people will jump to the conclusion he's been poor because he has too much responsibility on his shoulders. The Pardew way. 

Like HBA, he's the only one that can seemingly do anything out of the ordinary and thus when he doesn't get a goal/assist people will jump to the conclusion he's been poor because he has too much responsibility on his shoulders. The Pardew way.

:thup:

Pointless playing Cabella when he has no movement ahead of him.

Our side is just so static and predictable.

Guest antz1uk

i did also say this at the time to my son, de jong comes on and as soon as he has the ball everyone just stands there watching and waiting for something to happen, fuck off pardew

It's only his second game in the league and he's already created some really good chances for others. He'll adapt and realise he has to release the ball quicker. Although, he should have done better with his chance.

I just hope people don't directly compare him to Ben Arfa. He's not the same type of player and never will be.

Needs to learn two things. A) Release the ball faster B) Should take on players more and use his pace. Hatem did this brilliantly, Cabella stops the play and does most of his tricks standing still. Just use your skill to go past people man, no need to show off.

He will probably fail to convince us all season, but still be one of the major reasons for why we finish 11th and not 18th.

He's clearly got talent and he'll create several goals for us. As has been said though, he'll be identified as our only flair player and opposition will double-up to good effect. I know it's been done to absolute death, but I can't let go of the thought of Ben Arfa being used well alongside the likes of this guy. Fuck's sake.

Spot on. Depressingly predictable seeing some people on twitter criticise his performance whilst failing to acknowledge the bigger picture.

:thup: