Remy Cabella

Yaron

Good looking player, too expensive.

Now we have learned that now haven't we ?

Maybe he would be too expensive. We will certainly face competition for him. Again it's if this club can manage to pull it out of the bag, we did with Ben Arfa.

He's certainly someone we need, but if we are selling Cabaye to fund him I'd be concerned at how we are going to plug the whole Cabaye would leave because he certainly isn't a someone who can play in the same position as him.

Is he strictly a flair player? I know it's fast becoming a cliché but seriously, there's no point if he doesn't work his arse off.

I'd say so. But when you realise that Remy probably isn't stain at the club and if he does his best position would be further up front, Jonas is about to leave, Obertang isn't a footballer, Marveaux looks set to leave then we need someone to play on the other wing and possibly behind the forwards.

True I'm concerned that if we sell Cabaye to fund him then we still need someone to replace Cabaye, but saying we don't need this type of player is false when you consider that Ben Arfa is the only player of this type that we have at the club who is ours.

Guest bimpy474

You've lost me there bimps

Too expensive ST, unless Ashley has a massive change of heart we aint signing this lad.

Personally i wouldn't replace Cabaye like for like, we have enough central midfielders even without Cabaye what we don't have enough is attacking midfielders so much so we keep trying shoehorn Cabaye as one.

Even if we can't get Cabella i'd look to replace Cabaye with someone like him..... obviously i'd rather just bring an attacking midfielder in and keep Cabaye in a deeper role permanently but i don't see him staying realistically.

Personally i wouldn't replace Cabaye like for like, we have enough central midfielders even without Cabaye what we don't have enough is attacking midfielders so much so we keep trying shoehorn Cabaye as one.

Even if we can't get Cabella i'd look to replace Cabaye with someone like him..... obviously i'd rather just bring an attacking midfielder in and keep Cabaye in a deeper role permanently but i don't see him staying realistically.

We have nobody central with a bit of guile or a regular goal threat tbh except Cabs

We have nobody central with a bit of guile or a regular goal threat tbh except Cabs

Agreed

What's the consensus? Reading the comments he sounds a bit tasty.

Ben Arfa mark 2.

Sign him.

He's on his way over here without permission as we speak.

Psychologically, do you believe that this is the kind of man we want in our squad?

:lol:

We wouldn't need to if we replaced him with a legitimate attacking midfielder.... your basically replacing all the offensive skills Cabs has with the added bonus of having someone who is good in closed space with quick feet unlike Cabs.

Of course you lose something defensively but with Anita, Tiote or Sissoko behind i wouldn't worry too much.

What's the consensus? Reading the comments he sounds a bit tasty.

Ben Arfa mark 2.

Sign him.

He's on his way over here without permission as we speak.

Psychologically, do you believe that this is the kind of man we want in our squad?

I don't think its important if he believes in ghosts, so long as he's a good player

Guest bimpy474

Maybe he would be too expensive. We will certainly face competition for him. Again it's if this club can manage to pull it out of the bag, we did with Ben Arfa.

He's certainly someone we need, but if we are selling Cabaye to fund him I'd be concerned at how we are going to plug the whole Cabaye would leave because he certainly isn't a someone who can play in the same position as him.

I agree he's good, very good in fact but i simply dont see Ashley buying anyone for over £4/5m unless we sell someone for a lot. They think our squad is already strong, they're never going to add an expensive player.

Sorry but i've lost all hope and enjoyment from transfer windows now.