Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest bimpy474

The signing French players thing is getting out of hand.

It could be one French player in and one French player out if Obertan goes.

And Marv out could make two.

Don't want too many French players of course.  But its probably totally the wrong time to move our focus away from that market.  With the 75% tax coming in players will want out and a lot of clubs will be looking to sell higher earners due to financial problems.  Perfect environment to try to pick up some quality players for lower than their usual value.  The whole situation must have Ashley rubbing his hands together.

Nah I doubt it personally.  I think what might happen is they'll ask for 14m Euro's, we know they'll likely accept 10m Euros but we'll offer 8m Euros.  By the end of the window we'll have reached 9.5m but won't go any higher and it likely won't get accepted.

Nah I doubt it personally.  I think what might happen is they'll ask for 14m Euro's, we know they'll likely accept 10m Euros but we'll offer 8m Euros.  By the end of the window we'll have reached 9.5m but won't go any higher and it likely won't get accepted.

Then he'll sign for Monaco/PSG/some German club.

Have a feeling we may actually get him as I think Cabaye is off this month. Sign of how it is when you're only confident of a player coming as he's a replacement (although different sort of player).

This sounds about right - the usual NUFC way of bidding for a player.

Its great - it alerts all the other clubs who may want the player and they just let us haggle away until they can jump in with a slightly higher bid or an increase in the wage offer, which the player's agent will have told them about....

At least we are enabling players to get a better club...!

This came from their chairmen. To me it sounds like he's trying to start a bidding war. "Man Utd haven't made a bid but I expect Newcastle too soon". To me that translates too "Man Utd better hurry up with their bid".

I can't see us forking out £14m without selling a major player. If we do pay that much and don't sell anyone then you can kiss your forward and your CB bye.

At £14m and being linked with the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, and PSG it would seem unlikely he would come here.

Has a massive whiff of the Thauvin scenario like.

Still annoyed we missed out on Thauvin

What could we have done considering he didn't want to leave France? He didn't exactly cover himself in glory over his forced transfer to OM either.

http://www.bfmtv.com/sport/derniere-saison-cabella-a-montpellier-681218.html

"I think this will be my last season at Montpellier, but I don't want to leave them in Ligue 2. For me, this is my final season and I want to go out on a high. We will see how things pan out. For the moment, I'm in Ligue 1, we'll see later what happens next. Marseille were interested in me in the summer, I was also keen, but I don't regret my decision to stay at Montpellier".

More quotes from that radio interview already translated here.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/remy-cabella-talks-on-future/

‘For the moment, I am 100% focused on my team. I am focused on staying up.I want to play these last months out but if there is an offer, the two clubs must agree.’

‘If an offer is agreed than I will decide. Everyone says if its from England I must go. There are some good clubs in England. Over there, I would be the happiest.’