Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

He'll just keep lowering the ticket prices, all he needs is the TV cash.  Offer cheap tickets eventually you wont have supporters you;ll have day trippers popping in, stag and hen parties. The true fans will be pushed out and replaced with knackers with cheap tickets.

One redeeming feature of supporting Newcastle was yes there were lows, (and I mean lows) but there was always a high just around the corner. Something to give you hope. The lows mixed with the highs made this club a magical team to support. At least things were never boring around here, right?!

That hope for me (and I'm sure a lot of fans) has totally disappeared, what "highs" are going to happen in the foreseeable future? A good league finish? A cup run? A good style of play? Even a 3/4-0 win? Extremely unlikely and if any of these events were to happen it wouldn't be by design. None of these things are the aim of the club!

This isn't just an over reaction to the 5-0 hammering at the weekend. The signs have been appearing for a while and we can all see how this ends. We need to buy at least 6-7 key first teamers in the summer and that's before player sales.

Can you see Ashley authorising that sort of spending spree? Not a chance. Even if we were to get a new manager in.

It feels like we will now be at best treading water until Ashley leaves (which is getting more and more unlikely with the soaring TV money) and in doing so rapidly losing ground on our rivals as we slowly sink into oblivion.

The club is now a sinking ship,  infested with leeches, money men who know nothing about football and who's only goal is to further their own greed. Jobs for the boys and increased ROI is the aim of the game and anyone or anything else can suck it.

The next high you ask? When Ashley leaves. Let's hope it's not too late.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cancelling mine for next season tonight. I realise I've probably paid 2 months already through DD (March + April?) but if I email the box office and say I want to cancel, will they cancel it from their side or will I need to cancel the DD first?

Guest Roger Kint

Cancelling mine for next season tonight. I realise I've probably paid 2 months already through DD (March + April?) but if I email the box office and say I want to cancel, will they cancel it from their side or will I need to cancel the DD first?

They will probably start whinging but if you inform them and cancel the DD on your end theres nowt they can do

They will probably start whinging but if you inform them and cancel the DD on your end theres nowt they can do

Champion, thank you.

Imagine if all 35k season ticket holders did this. About £25,000,000 worth of annual revenue up in smoke just like that. Fans don't realise how much power they have, that's the problem.

I did the same this time last year. I emailed to say I was cancelling, they told me they couldn't do it from their end and that I needed to cancel the direct debit. Did that then got a stock letter a few days later which I just ignored.

There's no credit agreement so there's f*** all they can do if you just cancel without letting them know, other than keeping your previous payments of course, the horrible c***s.

Imagine if all 35k season ticket holders did this. About £25,000,000 worth of annual revenue up in smoke just like that. Fans don't realise how much power they have, that's the problem.

Unfortunately some folk will have done what i did and had it on a direct debt which paid the full payment. Been in touch with the club and can't get that refunded so I will have my season ticket next season regardless.

When cancelling the direct debit for future payments you could also do a direct debit indemnity claim for March & April to get your money back. I doubt the club would chase you for it and as it's not a credit agreement it wouldn't have any issues with your credit profile.

When cancelling the direct debit for future payments you could also do a direct debit indemnity claim for March & April to get your money back. I doubt the club would chase you for it and as it's not a credit agreement it wouldn't have any issues with your credit profile.

Not a bad idea that especially when you haven't received anything that you paid for.

I cancelled mine last year and they took the money out of my account for next year in February. I havent chased them up about it yet but ill be getting my money back

Speak to your bank and you'll have the money back today, if your bank query anything just state that you cancelled it with nufc before the deadline and that they are unable to refund you directly. It might be worth mentioning the direct debit guarantee as well which should make them ask less questions as it's a bit of a hassle for the bank to then get their money back from nufc.

Thanks man, I'll have a look into that and post back in here once I've done it :thup:

Hmm...

'Thank you for your email.

I’m afraid as per our terms and conditions we cannot cancel your season ticket.

You can still attend this season as it has been paid for.'

Guest antz1uk

Ignore them, you don't have a credit agreement, just a direct debit, cannot affect your credit file. worse case you have paid for a few matches next season which you won't be able to attend,

Cancel the DD and ignore anything they say, it's all bullshit

This is why the club introduced these deals and why the ground is full of happy clappers, sooner everyone realises, you have signed up for product that you have not received, it is not a legally binding contract therefore they cannot hold you to it

Guest firetotheworks

I can also vouch that the cancel your direct debit and then ignore them method works perfectly well.

Nice one, thanks chaps :thup:

Just as confirmation for other people if they are wanting to do it:

'Hi,

If your bank instruct us to cancel we must do so by law.

Kind regards,

NUFC Box Office'