Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

While I agree to an extent, I think it's absolutely fair game to criticise those that go yet still continue to whinge to high heavens about the way in which the club is run or the way in which Mike Ashley treats them.

In that case I would agree with you, but it's still hard to let go of something you may have had for 10+ years and becomes part of your weekly routine and something you do with your dad / mates / partner.

Do you still enjoy it? is the question that's probably most important within that scenario then.

I still enjoy it and won't stop going.

I've been going since 1977 and have a season ticket since 1982 and really can't envisage ever giving it up.

Can´t get around this. I mean, just dont go  :lol: Dont give Ashley money and watch it at sky - we win  :D

You can't see 19 home games on Sky in the UK.

ah, that's crazy.

Still. don't give Ashley money.

Anyone cancelled there season tickets for next season? Wrote to the club last week to cancel my ticket for next season and cancelled my direct debit from the bank for next month as i believed that's when the payments for next season start?  Anyway the club have sent me a letter today saying my tickets been cancelled for the remainder of this season and my smart card blocked ? i was under the impression id already paid for this season....i duno if this is due to being in the 10 year plan bollocks or not the letter said " Should any payments be missed then the agreement may be terminated by the company and admittance to the ground may be denied. No payments will be refunded under any circumstances" Cant say we are really bothered just doesn't seem right if this seasons already been paid for? anyone else had the same?

Anyone cancelled there season tickets for next season? Wrote to the club last week to cancel my ticket for next season and cancelled my direct debit from the bank for next month as i believed that's when the payments for next season start?  Anyway the club have sent me a letter today saying my tickets been cancelled for the remainder of this season and my smart card blocked ? i was under the impression id already paid for this season....i duno if this is due to being in the 10 year plan bollocks or not the letter said " Should any payments be missed then the agreement may be terminated by the company and admittance to the ground may be denied. No payments will be refunded under any circumstances" Cant say we are really bothered just doesn't seem right if this seasons already been paid for? anyone else had the same?

One more payment for rest of the season I believe (2nd Feb) then cancel DD etc. Just pay it (if you want) by card.

One more payment for rest of the season I believe (2nd Feb) then cancel DD etc. Just pay it (if you want) by card.

Yep I cancelled by email yesterday and they replied saying that the February payment is the last for this season and to cancel the direct debit after the February payment. I was also on the 10 year deal.

Cheers ,so you cant cancel for next season without paying off some of next seasons ticket ? Because i think the payments go January to January?

Feb 2nd is the last payment for this season.

If you don't pay that you can't watch rest of season.

March payment is start of next season.

Different schemes etc have different start and end points.

As far as l'm aware that's bollocks like. We start paying for next season from February onwards so to block your card now is wrong.

A really good post today in the Chronicle comments.

I am not renewing after 30 years. If you want to know why, its this:

I used to go fishing with my dad. We had good days and bad days. But even on our worst days, where we froze to death and got no bites, we had still set off that morning hoping to catch something. We were not discouraged after a bad day and still set out the following week with eager anticipation.

Going to Newcastle now is like setting off on a fishing trip to an empty lake, where you know that no matter how long you stay there and what bait you use, you are definitely not going to catch a fish. No one would fish under those circumstances.

That is how I feel about going to Newcastle. There is no point because it is not possible to have a good outcome under these circumstances. I am sure it is how many others feel and it isn't going to be easily put right.

Ashley and Charnley are money men, nothing else. And money can't buy you love. Not mine anyway.

Good and very sad post.

The death of our fan base will continue gradually under Ashley, slowly so that nobody might notice it. And of course, any freaks like the 5th season will give it a temporary boost.

But inevitably it's going to get harder and harder to pretend there's any point in us existing.  TBF the structure of football means that's true for many clubs, but we're just more open in admitting we don't try.

While I agree to an extent, I think it's absolutely fair game to criticise those that go yet still continue to whinge to high heavens about the way in which the club is run or the way in which Mike Ashley treats them.

In that case I would agree with you, but it's still hard to let go of something you may have had for 10+ years and becomes part of your weekly routine and something you do with your dad / mates / partner.

Do you still enjoy it? is the question that's probably most important within that scenario then.

I still enjoy it and won't stop going.

I've been going since 1977 and have a season ticket since 1982 and really can't envisage ever giving it up.

Genuine question - what would it take for you not to renew?

Good and very sad post.

The death of our fan base will continue gradually under Ashley, slowly so that nobody might notice it. And of course, any freaks like the 5th season will give it a temporary boost.

But inevitably it's going to get harder and harder to pretend there's any point in us existing.  TBF the structure of football means that's true for many clubs, but we're just more open in admitting we don't try.

It won't unless we go down IMO, the more militant fans have predominately left it would appear and have already been replaced by more customer type fans, little reason to think this wouldn't continue providing we're not doing a Sunlun 15 pointer. Ideal world for everyone at NUFC.

A really good post today in the Chronicle comments.

I am not renewing after 30 years. If you want to know why, its this:

I used to go fishing with my dad. We had good days and bad days. But even on our worst days, where we froze to death and got no bites, we had still set off that morning hoping to catch something. We were not discouraged after a bad day and still set out the following week with eager anticipation.

Going to Newcastle now is like setting off on a fishing trip to an empty lake, where you know that no matter how long you stay there and what bait you use, you are definitely not going to catch a fish. No one would fish under those circumstances.

That is how I feel about going to Newcastle. There is no point because it is not possible to have a good outcome under these circumstances. I am sure it is how many others feel and it isn't going to be easily put right.

Ashley and Charnley are money men, nothing else. And money can't buy you love. Not mine anyway.

Well said.