Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

:lol: "Resisting"

It's like Hitler trying to sell you AIDS for the low low price of six hundred quid. How could you possibly resist.

Packed it in after the Cardiff FA Cup defeat - thought if they can't be arsed neither can I - especially as I have a 9 hour round trip. Now receive AIDS via the internet or telly.

True-Faith - Season Ticket Survey

As regular readers will have clocked we ran a survey over a good few days which attempted an oil-check of season ticket holders and their intentions regarding renewals etc.

No-one here is going to claim that survey and its results as a scientific fact or make any claim that is 100% representative.

However, it does provide a worthwhile indication of the way the wind is blowing (if any of you needed to know) and so we have the results.

Over 500+ of you took part in the survey, this is less than we usually get for our surveys but it is the close season and many people try to switch off from United in this period if they can.

Of that 500+ more than 50% of the surveyed respondents made plain their intentions to cancel Direct Debits for season tickets.

That, for Mike Ashley, Lee Charnley and others is a strong vote of No Confidence in how they are running the affairs of Newcastle United.

The survey results comes in a week when information provided by the club’s own website demonstrates that some parts of St James’ Park are looking at non-renewal rates of 25, 35 and even 40%.

The club has extended the deadline for renewals on three separate occasions this close season and I’ve never known that before.

Not for the first time the club is in denial and sticking its head in the sand. Some bland statement has been made about renewals being -6% down on previous seasons but frankly they have said this before and viewed cumulatively, if the rate of non-renewal is -6% yearly then overtime it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to recognise the gradual but sustained erosion in the club’s core support.

This would reinforce our own experiences of the club desperate to put bums on seats to create the illusion of full houses and happy-clappy crowds for the cameras. That is why those cheap offers have come to undermine the value of its own season tickets.

We are aware here of the club selling packages to tourists via its partner, Thomas Cook for every home game next season and that includes the derby match. United is not confident of selling tickets for derby matches to its own support. That is where the club is at right now.

If anyone wanted an explanation of why Ashley, so previously reticent to speak publicly on matters Newcastle United, did so prior to the West Ham game last season, then look no further.

The club by any measure is suffering from a haemorrhage in its core support. That is fact.

Given the phone-calls made by “Club Ambassador” (aka Head of Tele-Sales) Bob Moncur to Box Holders, United faces a similar situation with its corporate customers.

You might wonder why this has not been picked up by some key media outlets, namely The Chronicle and The Mirror. You might also include Radio Newcastle and SKY. It has been by many others.

You will not need me to break the news to you that Trinity Mirror titles The Mirror, The Chronicle et al, Radio Newcastle and SKY are Newcastle United’s preferred media partners.

This is the future.

:kasper: :undecided:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just phoned the 0844 number but it's an answering machine affair that sends you round in circles. As if people weren't leaving in their droves the club want to make it as difficult as possible to stay.

Read earlier in the Mag that members who pay £35 per year just for the opportunity to buy tickets have to pay an extra £5 compared to season ticket holders to get tickets for Shef Utd away. Yet another absolutely disgusting and desperate tactic by the fat man and the regime to force season ticket sales. This club is an absolute joke - lets just sign nobody and go down so we can at least get rid of that fat leech.

Half taking the piss tbh.

I do actually fancy getting two seats but I'm not gonna for obvious reasons. For the first time in twenty years I have most Saturdays free and I can afford to go, what an absolute shitter it is our club is being ran into the  ground.

I did email the box office. Apparently the sports bar isn't available on the website because supply is so limited.

Guest Roger Kint

As it stands currently I'd struggle to things less appealing to do than pay and go watch Newcastle United games.

This, actually pulled the :anguish: face when i saw most of our start was being shown live never mind actively paying for it

If I did buy a ST or two it would work out brilliantly as there's all sorts of family reasons why 19 trips to Newcastle is needed. It would be great for my parent's seeing their grand-daughter it just means me and the wife would have to go to the match. :lol: What an arse Mike Ashley is!