Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

An article in The Mag has the old and new prices-

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/06/newcastle-united-season-ticket-prices-reality-means-family/

Looks like the biggest increase is only £50 but this is complicated by some people getting 10% for having a ticket 2years or more. I'm going to wait until the end of the transfer window which means i'll have to pay the whole lot up front if i renew.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/06/newcastle-united-season-ticket-prices-reality-means-family/

Looks like the biggest increase is only £50 but this is complicated by some people getting 10% for having a ticket 2years or more. I'm going to wait until the end of the transfer window which means i'll have to pay the whole lot up front if i renew.

Mine has gone up by £108 since last season. That's all I'm really interested in. For a bog standard middle of the table club £520 is about right, although still more expensive than many PL clubs for a seat behind the goal. £628 is a total piss take.

Aye that's true. It would soften the blow if the manager got the same transfer budget as those other bog standard middle of the table clubs though. £35 million is a fucking insult to all concerned.

what's this now?

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/06/rafa-benitez-now-told-summer-transfer-budget-report-newcastle-united/

:lol: right, class, relegation battle then

Guest neesy111

You never ever hear of transfer budgets being made public.  £35m wouldn't surprise me at all though.

You never ever hear of transfer budgets being made public.  £35m wouldn't surprise me at all though.

Something like that plus net sales would be roughly in line with what the club publicly said about how much would be available.

Something like that plus net sales would be roughly in line with what the club publicly said about how much would be available.

Assuming we get full fees up front, which we don't. So selling £30m of players (say Mitrovic, Mbemba and Merino) would allow us to spend a further... £8m.

Are we the only club unwilling to utilise credit in order to improve the squad? Surely all the others don't operate a debit card system where cash in the bank is all we can ever spend. I don't mean from the owner btw, I mean banks.

Guest neesy111

Are we the only club unwilling to utilise credit in order to improve the squad? Surely all the others don't operate a debit card system where cash in the bank is all we can ever spend. I don't mean from the owner btw, I mean banks.

We did last season IIRC.  The Lejeune transfer took so long as we wanted to pay in installments.

Banks are generally loath to lend money to football clubs beyond overdraft / working capital uses. They're horrible businesses generally and when things go wrong, your name gets splashed in the press and in some cases indivudual contact details get leaked leading to a bombardment of abuse (this happened to people I know who worked on the Hicks / Gillett Liverpool deal). I wouldn't touch one personally.

The issue from the perspective of a club is that fans love the 'jam today' of borrowing £50m and bringing in a couple of players but lets say those signings are duds, that's FA you can spend the following summer if you can't shift them.

Where are the other clubs getting their cash money from, if it's not lending secured against TV income? Bournemouth for example.

Still owned by an oligarch I think?

I've not seen anything which determines one way or the other that PL TV income is all paid in one go. And their cash outlay is mitigated as the vast majority of deals will be payable in instalmanets.

Mine has gone up by £108 since last season. That's all I'm really interested in. For a bog standard middle of the table club £520 is about right, although still more expensive than many PL clubs for a seat behind the goal. £628 is a total piss take.

An extra £5.68 per game?

I’d happily pay top dollar to watch my team if we had a good team and the football was good to boot, but f*** me that is a scanderlous price increase given what’s on offer Rafa or no Rafa.

:thup: not sure what happened to the other 9 paragraphs of this post but it's absolutely spot on!!

In 3 years time the 10-year deal runs out. I'm assuming there will be further increases in the meantime too, meaning it will be a sharp increase. I would be gobsmacked if Rafa is still here by then and if he goes the ambition goes too. I can tell you now I'm not fucking paying what's likely to be £700+ to sit in the Gallowgate and watch Ashleys version of NUFC fight for 15th and financial respectability every year. For a team with a good manager continuously improving the playing staff towards ultimately competing at the top end I'd pretty much consider it a bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

Im on a 10 year price freeze and with this whole new 'link up' thing on the official nufc website was wondering if I needed to renew as its not clear.  Cant even log into the site as there's an error with it. Just the usual shambles or is it just me?

Im on a 10 year price freeze and with this whole new 'link up' thing on the official nufc website was wondering if I needed to renew as its not clear.  Cant even log into the site as there's an error with it. Just the usual shambles or is it just me?

They're already taking money out for next season - well for me they are anyway.

An extra £5.68 per game?

Gone from £27.36 per game to £33.05 so aye. Scandalous really and I can't be paying that much for a season ticket. Dread to think what they'll be charging people buying tickets for individual games on a match by match basis.

Still at least this extra revenue will be ploughed into the squad to give Rafa a chance of competing with the rest.........

Guest ElCid

An extra £5.68 per game?

It certainly is when you have an owner who does fuck all to progress the club - nobody would argue one jot if progress was being made but again fuck all year on year o why the hell should there be an increase