Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Under Rafa, how often was a premier League attendance under 50K?

If it's under for the arsenal game, I take it as an indication of a decline. Bruce's management and the results will take things from there

This is ridiculous to be honest, nobody wants Ashley to still be here, not even Ashley himself. He’s got his price, and yes I’ve no doubt that he’ll be incredibly difficult to deal with and have SD tied in to all kind of club related things, but I think these potential buyers have been largely been chancers with huge question marks against whether they ever had the funds to buy the club. The bottom line for me is that if someone wants to buy the club then they’ll have to pay pretty much the asking price. Is the club worth the asking price, very possibly not.

I don’t think Ashley will ever sell us when we’re out of the Premier League as he’ll not get his money back; we’d need to turn to complete shit for Ashley to sell and we could end up attracting Donald type buyers as Ashley’s parting fuck you.

My stepson has jacked his ST in, I’m on the 10 year deal and like others have been paying for this season since February. I’ve boycotted before and no doubt will do so again; will I attend on Sunday, I really don’t know. The players haven’t done anything wrong, I didn’t want Bruce but he was never going to turn it down. Will boycotting tell Ashley something he already doesn’t know, I doubt it, will boycotting attract new buyers, I doubt it but it could encourage any out there to try low balling Ashley.

Ultimately, Ashley is the disease, that should never be forgotten, polarising the fans and slagging fans, players or the manager off really has no place in all of this. I’d love to know the true story about these supposed bids.

From what I’ve been told Rafa was offered a 8 year deal with a wage increase of £2M per year (seems a hell of a lot but there you go), he was also promised £50M plus revenue from sales in each of the next 2 seasons. Now we all know Ashley is a habitual liar and the money he is currently spending may well have not been given to Rafa however, we’re now told that Rafa decided in May that he was leaving. Rafa is meticulous in everything so the move to China must have been in the pipeline for quite some time prior to that and must have involved his family and his inner circle (those on the scouting side thought he’d be staying).

I’ve also no doubt that the signings we’ve recently made are what the club wanted and Rafa didn’t want. Who knows what’ll happen about upgrading the Academy and Training facilities. Politically, Rafa has murdered Ashley and he goes with everyone’s best wishes. My one question is why Rafa didn’t make clear his intentions on his future sooner, no sooner had the club announced he’d be leaving that we learned that he was off to China something we’d all scorned at. This left the club in a ridiculous position (they believed he would stay) and I’ve no doubt put potential managers saying thanks but no thanks to the job. Rafa didn’t have to do that and if it was his parting get stuffed to Ashley it was one that also affected the team and has split some of the support.

I’ve rambled through this and still don’t know if I’ll go on Sunday, I am convinced however that supporters slagging each other off will have Ashley laughing and is the last thing that Rafa would have wanted. Rafa bought into the club, the city and the fans, he knew the enemy and got out. It’s not that easy for the fans, that should be respected, do not underestimate the power of match attending fans as well, without those fans against Spurs Rafa would have left within a week of that game. Ashley Out.

This is ridiculous to be honest, nobody wants Ashley to still be here, not even Ashley himself. He’s got his price, and yes I’ve no doubt that he’ll be incredibly difficult to deal with and have SD tied in to all kind of club related things, but I think these potential buyers have been largely been chancers with huge question marks against whether they ever had the funds to buy the club. The bottom line for me is that if someone wants to buy the club then they’ll have to pay pretty much the asking price. Is the club worth the asking price, very possibly not.

I don’t think Ashley will ever sell us when we’re out of the Premier League as he’ll not get his money back; we’d need to turn to complete shit for Ashley to sell and we could end up attracting Donald type buyers as Ashley’s parting fuck you.

My stepson has jacked his ST in, I’m on the 10 year deal and like others have been paying for this season since February. I’ve boycotted before and no doubt will do so again; will I attend on Sunday, I really don’t know. The players haven’t done anything wrong, I didn’t want Bruce but he was never going to turn it down. Will boycotting tell Ashley something he already doesn’t know, I doubt it, will boycotting attract new buyers, I doubt it but it could encourage any out there to try low balling Ashley.

Ultimately, Ashley is the disease, that should never be forgotten, polarising the fans and slagging fans, players or the manager off really has no place in all of this. I’d love to know the true story about these supposed bids.

From what I’ve been told Rafa was offered a 8 year deal with a wage increase of £2M per year (seems a hell of a lot but there you go), he was also promised £50M plus revenue from sales in each of the next 2 seasons. Now we all know Ashley is a habitual liar and the money he is currently spending may well have not been given to Rafa however, we’re now told that Rafa decided in May that he was leaving. Rafa is meticulous in everything so the move to China must have been in the pipeline for quite some time prior to that and must have involved his family and his inner circle (those on the scouting side thought he’d be staying).

I’ve also no doubt that the signings we’ve recently made are what the club wanted and Rafa didn’t want. Who knows what’ll happen about upgrading the Academy and Training facilities. Politically, Rafa has murdered Ashley and he goes with everyone’s best wishes. My one question is why Rafa didn’t make clear his intentions on his future sooner, no sooner had the club announced he’d be leaving that we learned that he was off to China something we’d all scorned at. This left the club in a ridiculous position (they believed he would stay) and I’ve no doubt put potential managers saying thanks but no thanks to the job. Rafa didn’t have to do that and if it was his parting get stuffed to Ashley it was one that also affected the team and has split some of the support.

I’ve rambled through this and still don’t know if I’ll go on Sunday, I am convinced however that supporters slagging each other off will have Ashley laughing and is the last thing that Rafa would have wanted. Rafa bought into the club, the city and the fans, he knew the enemy and got out. It’s not that easy for the fans, that should be respected, do not underestimate the power of match attending fans as well, without those fans against Spurs Rafa would have left within a week of that game. Ashley Out.

:thup:

Guest covmag

Will missing one match really hurt you?

I don’t think Ashley will ever sell us when we’re out of the Premier League as he’ll not get his money back; we’d need to turn to complete s*** for Ashley to sell and we could end up attracting Donald type buyers as Ashley’s parting f*** you.

Good post and valid points. It does feel shit not supporting the players it's not their fault Ashley is a disease (apart from Colback). Hope team do well but Steve Bruce man what a fucking joke no matter how predictable it was. Feel for me dad too who is 71 he wont go because of Ashley. If people keep going it will never change

Shame we can't find out how many ten quid tickets are flogged to foreign students. Deduct them and you might find out what the real crowd is

Who told you all this your mam or did you dream it up?

Best part “From what I’ve been told” :laugh:

You know when they start with that they’re talking absolute agenda driven garbage :anguish:

Made Keegan leave & made Rafa leave and we still haven’t all learnt the issue.

Incredible.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Great post, Tsunami :thup:

I really don't like fans telling other fans what to do. Seymour got all kinds of shite for sticking to his guns. Fair play to him. I'm not saying he's right, but it's not my place to hell him he's wrong. He can make his own mind up.

Willingly supporting a guy who denigrates the club and city. What a trooper.

I’m not willingly supporting a guy specifically ...have you even read my posts? I’m saying that there is a lot more to support there than I thought there was. I was previously of the opinion that Rafa was the only thing keeping me interested. But yesterday proved I was wrong. There is a really good squad of likeable and decent players there to support.

Your use of the word 'specifically' doesn't really add anything here. You are supporting Ashley, whilst also supporting the players.

Presumably seeing your little lad enjoying the day is more important to you than the long-term goal of having a better club? I can understand that I suppose, just seems very short-termist. For someone to have taken the sacrifice of cancelling their season ticket, then to immediately relinquish that principle by paying £20-25 or whatever it was for a couple of friendly tickets, just seems ridiculously counter-productive to me.

I was 7 the first time my Dad took me to a football game, but then we lived 90 miles away from SJP (the fact it was a Newcastle game isn't really relevant because we're talking more about the excuse of father-son bonding; an unworthy excuse in my eyes). So I suppose your being there comes back to that point Wullie keeps making about the ground being so very accessible.

Absolutely! I’ve recently been reminded just how short and unpredictable life is / can be. Making memories is far more important to me than who the owner is.

You’re speaking to someone who truly doesn’t believe a boycott will ever work or achieve anything though.

For me, the best chance and the most obviously riled I’ve ever seen MA and his PR team, was when the full blown disruption of all of his Sports Direct brands was in full flow last year. We need to make owning NUFc an inconvenience to him to ever get him to leave in my opinion.

Presumably seeing your little lad enjoying the day is more important to you than the long-term goal of having a better club?

Well yes, obviously, I doubt any father of young boys would say otherwise.  I want Ashley out of our club as much as anyone but if i'm ever in Newcastle again anytime soon you can bet i'm taking my two sons to their first game at St James'.  Some things are more important than just getting rid of fat Mike.

Look at it another way, if he does ever leave and we get decent new owners then who's going to support them if the young kids of today have all gone off and bought a fucking Man City shirt?  My dad passed it on to me (cheers dad), i'll pass it on to my kids, they'll pass it on to theirs and fuck Mike Ashley.

It’s not a question of supporting the players or not supporting them. The players are irrelevant.

I’m not in favour of judging other fans, some people would go to the match no matter what. But I don’t see how anyone can pretend there’s a football club worthy of the name anymore. If you are aware of that but still won’t give up your Saturday at the match, then at least you’ve weighed the options and made a choice.

It’s a sacrifice not to go, of course, but Mike Ashley’s not trying to stop you going. He’s trying to keep you going while taking the piss out of you.

Will missing one match really hurt you?

No and I boycotted the Spurs game, watched it in a Ladbrokes. At that time I probably wanted Pardew out as much as I wanted Ashley out. My conflict this time is that I’m not sure what message it gives to Rafa’s players, the new players or our young players. I’m fairly sure they all know we want Ashley out and whilst they’ll understand fans not going they’ll also want their focal support as well.

Are the rest of the country or the media bothered, not in the slightest, it’ll be a talking point but that’s about it. This isn’t about apathy by the way if it was I’d be jacking it in. I’ll probably decide on Sunday what to do unless of course we sell Longstaff or someone just before the deadline on Thursday.

What has happened down the road should not be seen as a deterrent. Ashley gone means Ashley gone; 'better the devil you know' has got us absolutely nowhere to far, unless you're happy with the current state of things (not saying you are).

I come from the school of thought that: a total, cumulative attendance, (over the course of an entire season) of approximately 0* - as opposed to a cumulative attendance of approximately one million - would rapidly accelerate Ashley's departure.

*that number excludes away fans, and NUFC fans for whom attending is an absolute necessity to safeguard their own health and well-being.

It's just very frustrating and an overbearing point that I just can't sidestep (and if I end up on folks' ignore list as a result then fair dos). There's a solution staring us in the face but nowhere near enough people have the willpower or interest to enact it. There's a massive, profound issue to be dealt with here but folks won't get to grips with it cos the new lad looks fast and can do a few tricks.

I don’t even think it’s just a matter of getting Ashley out. It’s more a question of self respect.

The club have shown time, time and time again that there’s nothing worth supporting. They are actively doing everything they can to make that clear. Mike Ashley is horrific and so is his disgusting brand.

I’m as patient as the next man, I gave it over a decade. But it’s over now, it’s the last straw. The only sane option is to move on.

Who told you all this your mam or did you dream it up?

Best part “From what I’ve been told” :laugh:

You know when they start with that they’re talking absolute agenda driven garbage :anguish:

Made Keegan leave & made Rafa leave and we still haven’t all learnt the issue.

Incredible.

Quite honestly your opinion on what’s going on and who should be doing what is nearing medical intervention. Bloke who works on the scouting side gives me bits and pieces from time to time. He expected Rafa to stay on a shorter deal, he was never going to sign a 8 year deal and nobody gave any real credence to him going to China. The fact that he did go must be an indication of how long this had been in the pipeline. Rafa simply doesn’t do sod this I’m off to China without looking into every aspect of it. Bloody hell, he approached us after doing his homework and was right about everything other than his ability to change Ashley.

I don’t even think it’s just a matter of getting Ashley out. It’s more a question of self respect.

The club have shown time, time and time again that there’s nothing worth supporting. They are actively doing everything they can to make that clear. Mike Ashley is horrific and so is his disgusting brand.

I’m as patient as the next man, I gave it over a decade. But it’s over now, it’s the last straw. The only sane option is to move on.

This is exactly it. I have had a bellyfull. The amount of anger and arguments it has caused me too. Waiting for over a decade. It is what it is now and no point getting worked up about as it's just like banging your head off a wall. This summer has proven that beyond doubt.

I think the correct stance is to not go to home games and just hope the club ticks over as well as it can until Ashley finally leaves

Fans can’t see we’ve defaulted to the pardew era. Players in based on the premise they’ll be punted on after a season or two. How you can be genuine excited about watching what will soon enough be a bunch of players playing in a shop window rather than a club is beyond me.

Fans can’t see we’ve defaulted to the pardew era. Players in based on the premise they’ll be punted on after a season or two. How you can be genuine excited about watching what will soon enough be a bunch of players playing in a shop window rather than a club is beyond me.

Well put, some odd comments in here, very odd.

It's like we haven't got an owner who just got rid of Rafa Benitez for Steve fucking Bruce.

It's like we haven't got an owner who just got rid of Rafa Benitez for Steve fucking Bruce.

Everybody fucking sees it, man, do you think everybody else is too stupid to see what's going on?  Only you knuckleheads see the truth?

It's like we haven't got an owner who just got rid of Rafa Benitez for Steve f***ing Bruce.

Everybody f***ing sees it, man, do you think everybody else is too stupid to see what's going on?  Only you knuckleheads see the truth?

Some comments suggest not everyone does see it.

Guest reefatoon

It's like we haven't got an owner who just got rid of Rafa Benitez for Steve f***ing Bruce.

Everybody f***ing sees it, man, do you think everybody else is too stupid to see what's going on?  Only you knuckleheads see the truth?

This epiphany has only just hit him too after 12 years. Was slower than most to get on board, but goes on like some trailblazer. Massive wet flannel to boot.

This epiphany has only just hit him too after 12 years. Was slower than most to get on board, but goes on like some trailblazer. Massive wet flannel to boot.

Aye cos you know exactly when i got on board and started boycotting.