Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Official figure will no doubt assume all season ticket holders turned up.

Official gate will be tickets sold which i think will be approx 42/43K.

A proportion of season tick holders won't actually go and the actual gate will be something like 38/39K

I'll be there and don't care whether anyone else goes or doesn't go.

Not to be an arsehole, but why exactly will you be there on Sunday?

I’m guessing it’s because he wants to watch a game of football played by the team that he loves. I’m not going myself, but to be honest I wish I was.

At the expense of everyone that makes an effort to boycott despite not wanting to but seeing the bigger picture, while at the same time supporting Mike Ashley with your money. Good job.

A proportion of season tick holders won't actually go and the actual gate will be something like 38/39K

I’m guessing it’s because he wants to watch a game of football played by the team that he loves. I’m not going myself, but to be honest I wish I was.

This.

I can't understand how you can still "love" the team in its current incarnation. It exists to merely exist to allow Ashley to plaster his tatty adverts all over the ground. The club is sold as a stepping stone to prospective players. That is not what NUFC was about and it never should be. If you're happy to fund that then fair enough.

It's immensely disappointing that some people are wearing their continued support of the team as a badge of honour while others are trying to make a stand for the greater good of the club's future.

At this moment in time, I don't regret giving up my season ticket.  Other than Ashley has stolen nearly £250 from me because he takes  monthly payments starting in March for the forthcoming season.

If anything, I feel like I am actually standing up to him and his despicable regime.

Please remember everyone, before Ashley Newcastle were Man Utd's football rivals.  We were playing Liverpool off the park.  Financially we were on par with Spurs, Arsenal and miles ahead of Everton.  He will have you believe that we now can't compete with Watford, Swansea, Southampton, Bournemouth etc.  It is all lies.  He is corrupt and he bleeds this beautiful club dry all because of greed.  I implore you all to do whatever it takes to get rid of this parasite.  We will be GREAT again.

Anyone else read that in a Nigel Farage Brexit (Nexit :lol:) rant voice ?

"Before Ashley Newcastle were Man Utd's football rivals" could also be Boris's kipper thing and wasn't there someone else shouting "We will be GREAT again"  :lol:

This.

I can't understand how you can still "love" the team in its current incarnation. It exists to merely exist to allow Ashley to plaster his tatty adverts all over the ground. The club is sold as a stepping stone to prospective players. That is not what NUFC was about and it never should be. If you're happy to fund that then fair enough.

It's immensely disappointing that some people are wearing their continued support of the team as a badge of honour while others are trying to make a stand for the greater good of the club's future.

You can still love the team and the players and Newcastle United as a whole...of course you can. Just because it’s being run badly doesn’t mean you can’t still have an emotional attachment to it.

Like it or not, boycotting is never ever going to work. There’s just nowhere near enough appetite for it. Even if there’s 40k there on Sunday, I’d wager there’d still be close to 50k the next home game. I don’t really fully understand why Mike Ashley will care to be honest. He cares about Sports Direct...that’s all.

I have given up my season ticket, but i’ll Still go from time to time. Because I want to. And I want to take my lad.

This.

You can still love the team and the players and Newcastle United as a whole...of course you can. Just because it’s being run badly doesn’t mean you can’t still have an emotional attachment to it.

Like it or not, boycotting is never ever going to work. There’s just nowhere near enough appetite for it. Even if there’s 40k there on Sunday, I’d wager there’d still be close to 50k the next home game. I don’t really fully understand why Mike Ashley will care to be honest. He cares about Sports Direct...that’s all.

I have given up my season ticket, but i’ll Still go from time to time. Because I want to. And I want to take my lad.

Given theres supposed to be 11,000 unsold season tickets, I'd like to think he'd look at any boycott as "if we get relegated theres probably 20 to 25000 people not coming back if we go down and in the championship that counts for a lot of the clubs turnover", and that could well affect him and his other businesses financially.

I dont know how you can say there is no appetite to boycott?

There is a BIG appetite for it !

I haven’t seen any of this appetite apart from on here. It’s a very mixed bag elsewhere.

The NUST survey was overwhelmingly in favour of boycotting both the Arsenal match and beyond, even when results were filtered to include only current ST holders. From my, admittedly small, sample of mates that went to the match, there's at least 7 season tickets already been binned off out of around 10. These are people that put up with the worst of Kinnear, Pardew, Carver et al., and 2 miserable relegations.

I think a lot of people have reached their tipping point and find it so demoralising to see people like you (I realise you've jacked in your ST) saying boycotting flat-out won't work. There's never been a sustained, targeted boycott of NUFC under Ashley so how can you possibly know that? I see this as comparable to the contrarians who warned people to be careful what they wished for in ousting Pardew. It's such a short term view. Things may (and probably will) have to get a lot worse before they get better, but that's the risk we all have to take.

This.

Thank you for helping make sure that NUFC won't come close to winning anything for at least the next 20 years.

You must be proud.

This boycott is pathetic as the last Ashley out saga days leading up to the game and we have about 7 Twitter accounts doing fuck all to promote it, no wonder we never see progress

What do you suggest should be done?

This boycott is pathetic as the last Ashley out saga days leading up to the game and we have about 7 Twitter accounts doing f*** all to promote it, no wonder we never see progress

That's because it's off. It's over. Normal service has been resumed. The signings meant it blew back out, keep up at the back please

This boycott is pathetic as the last Ashley out saga days leading up to the game and we have about 7 Twitter accounts doing fuck all to promote it, no wonder we never see progress

Not to put words in his mouth, but I think his suggestion would be that the "about 7 Twitter accounts" do more than fuck all to promote the boycott.

Seems like a decent starting point to me.

Not to put words in his mouth, but I think his suggestion would be that the "about 7 Twitter accounts" do more than fuck all to promote the boycott.

Yes it's shits, nothing out should be pressing it with the media having hashtags posters everything

Edit- I'm disappointed the admins on here never got involved just changing the banner would of been a start

Have to say, I’ve seen next to nothing about the boycott on social media this week. Unless I’ve just missed it.

IRGWG, EmptyforAshley, NUFC360, TMG, and Wraith (I know) have all tweeted about this in the past 24 hours. I've seen plenty of stuff on social media, but those that need reaching are outside of that bubble. On the other hand, the Chronicle have covered it as recently as a day ago from a quick search on Twitter. :dontknow:

Is anyone going to the protest on Sunday?

I'm thinking about it but there needs to be decent numbers.

Nah, I probably will in future. Going out Sunday morning, and will comeback home to watch it on TV.