Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

You just said that, three posts up.

Yeah but I found yet another post of his getting upset at suggestions it wasn’t full :lol:

Seems obsessed with wanting the boycott to fail.

I’m not obsessed wanting it to fail at all. How many times do I have to say that I have been involved in these boycotts and the promotion of them in the past. I’m just trying to dispel some of the bullshit that gets plastered on here. 42k is a bullshit figure made up to make the organisers look good. But anyone who was at the game knows fine well that it’s made up. Why lie? Pretending it was better than it was doesn’t make it so.

Yeah the 47k number which includes season ticket holders who weren’t even there is the more likely number :laugh:

Yeah but I found yet another post of his getting upset at suggestions it wasn’t full :lol:

I’m not obsessed wanting it to fail at all. How many times do I have to say that I have been involved in these boycotts and the promotion of them in the past. I’m just trying to dispel some of the bullshit that gets plastered on here. 42k is a bullshit figure made up to make the organisers look good. But anyone who was at the game knows fine well that it’s made up. Why lie? Pretending it was better than it was doesn’t make it so.

Yeah the 47k number which includes season ticket holders who might not even have been there is the more likely number :laugh:

I think 46k, as I said, is a fair figure. Just look at the photos man. Not even the remotest possibility that there were 10,000 empty seats (20% of the stadium). I’m just being realistic man. What’s the point in trying to claim something that clearly isn’t true?

Yeah the 47k number which includes season ticket holders who weren’t even there is the more likely number :laugh:

Wrong, 4 wheel drive is the better choice for driving in poor weather.

Guest covmag

There was a lot more in the ground than I thought they'd be tbh,taking into account holidays etc its was piss poor from the boycott point of view

I know loads of lads who didn't  go but whatever the figure the truth is it wasn't a success,yet again ,sorry but it wasn't.

Taking to a couple of people who were there they both guessed at low 40,000s. Big gaps in the upper Gallowgate, Leazes End below the away fans, Level 7 and Platinum Club areas. One of them was saying last seasons lowest crowd was 48k and it was much emptier than that, far more than the 1k they are trying to claim.

If that is the benchmark for performances then Sunday will be one of, if not the biggest gate of the season anyway.

My mate who works through the Newcastle United foundation and knows a fair few staff at the club told me the 42k figure is right. They have to have the official head count figure for health and safety so it's pretty well known from the staff as this stuff spreads like wild fire.

My mate who works through the Newcastle United foundation and knows a fair few staff at the club told me the 42k figure is right. They have to have the official head count figure for health and safety so it's pretty well known from the staff as this stuff spreads like wild fire.

I don’t believe you 👍 ...or should I say I don’t believe your mate. I mean I hope it was 42k but I just don’t believe it for a moment. Just look at the photos. There’s loads more as well if you just search Instagram and stuff. Eg...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EpzBgA4wC/?igshid=bucfrx22xu5e

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EvL9ih_8Y/?igshid=1jqytt6gkbqlb

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EgCGPAL6R/?igshid=1tvlz2rbxoar3

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1CpLnOgMXC/?igshid=15wrmxymutnij

But it’d be interesting to see if we could somehow get the correct figure from the police or something.

I don’t believe you 👍 ...or should I say I don’t believe your mate. I mean I hope it was 42k but I just don’t believe it for a moment. Just look at the photos. There’s loads more as well if you just search Instagram and stuff. Eg...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EpzBgA4wC/?igshid=bucfrx22xu5e

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EvL9ih_8Y/?igshid=1jqytt6gkbqlb

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EgCGPAL6R/?igshid=1tvlz2rbxoar3

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1CpLnOgMXC/?igshid=15wrmxymutnij

But it’d be interesting to see if we could somehow get the correct figure from the police or something.

Because of the nature of the boycott, you'd imagine this would be spread relatively equally around the entirety of the ground, with its effect more pronounced in the naturally less popular areas (ie. the very back of the Gallowgate and Level 7). So whilst I'm not saying that the 42,000 reports are necessarily accurate, I don't think you can simply discount them based on your selection of photos taken from afar. The empty seats in the Leazes are even hard to differentiate from those that are filled with just a casual glance, for example.

Basically, like you say, if a FOI request or similar was successful in obtaining the actual figure that would be ideal.

Back of the gallowgate man, how many times.

None of those pictures show it.

Until anyone can find a photo that doesn’t show about 30 empty seats in the Gallowgate, I’m inclined to believe that the photos above are pretty representative of the capacity.

I hope you’re right ToonArmy1892, but it just seems like wishful thinking to me.

Back of the gallowgate man, how many times.

None of those pictures show it.

Until anyone can find a photo that doesn’t show about 30 empty seats in the Gallowgate, I’m inclined to believe that the photos above are pretty representative of the capacity.

I hope you’re right ToonArmy1892, but it just seems like wishful thinking to me.

My mate has no reason to lie, although disillusioned with the club he still wants them to do well. Just what he's been told and in another post or tweet someone said the stewards said the same figure. It's not a conspiracy theory it's just what has been said through actual employees of the club who would be in the know.

Surprised me to be fair as I reckon around 45k looked about right.

Taking to a couple of people who were there they both guessed at low 40,000s. Big gaps in the upper Gallowgate, Leazes End below the away fans, Level 7 and Platinum Club areas. One of them was saying last seasons lowest crowd was 48k and it was much emptier than that, far more than the 1k they are trying to claim.

If that is the benchmark for performances then Sunday will be one of, if not the biggest gate of the season anyway.

Block V alone had 250+ seats available about 3 days before the game.

Which were already counted in the clubs attendance figures.

Yes, and along with the evidence of the two blocks geordie b posted, it's not hard to understand it could well have been 42k through the gates.

Yes, and along with the evidence of the two blocks geordie b posted, it's not hard to understand it could well have been 42k through the gates.

It is pretty hard to understand like. You’re suggesting 20% of the stadium didn’t show up.

It is pretty hard to understand like. You’re suggesting 20% of the stadium didn’t show up.

Erm, people with the actual figures are  :lol:

Errr...people who heard it from their mate are (which is incredibly easy to just “make up”). I’m not entirely sure on what the capacity of each stand is but 20% of the stadium would equate to probably the entirety of the Gallowgate stand (at a guess). There just wasn’t that many people missing.

The attendance at this game was 46k

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0419%2Fr75488_1296x729_16%2D9.jpg

Pretty easy to find certain photos showing a full ground.

Errr...people who heard it from their mate are (which is incredibly easy to just “make up”). I’m not entirely sure on what the capacity of each stand is but 20% of the stadium would equate to probably the entirety of the Gallowgate stand (at a guess). There just wasn’t that many people missing.

Jesus Christ man why would I or my mate make it up? I have no agenda, I fully expected over 45K there and I couldn't give a shit if it was a full house. I've also said in other posts about the amount of people I know who are still going, that's their choice but I'm certainly not nor do I care. I would love to see the ground empty but know it's not going happen but like fuck would I make up a story just to shred a few thousand off the gate.