The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Just seen the Suarez pen incident, that roll and lunge into the air  :lol: I was listening to Talksport earlier and there was a liverpool fan on saying they should all sign a petition against Howard Webb so the issue would get brought up in parliament :anguish:

Think I'm begrudgingly going to have to admit Steven Naismith, in the penalty area, is actually not that disastrous. I maintain he's a terrible footballer but he's slightly more useful than I was willing to give him credit for.

We were poor today I thought. Have no idea what combination of Class A drugs some of our players were on; Pienaar's lofted pass out of play for a Swansea corner was the pinnacle of fuckwittery.

Don't expect us to get through but think we've got a better chance against Arsenal though than Liverpool, purely because of how consistently shit we are against the latter. Arsenal could turn up and rip us a new one on their day but I think we've got more than enough to trouble them and hopefully at least get a replay, and if Arsenal are having an off day there's no reason we can't capitalise and win. That would however involve playing well, something we've rarely done in the past month or 2.

Steven Naismith's game before last was horrendous. Was getting touches cheered and the stadium was erupting in laughter when he done something wrong, then he got hauled off :lol:

He's not a Prem player, imo. Wasn't even that good in the SPL, seriously, was obviously a cut above but no more than some guys that are still there.

Steven Naismith's game before last was horrendous. Was getting touches cheered and the stadium was erupting in laughter when he done something wrong, then he got hauled off :lol:

He's not a Prem player, imo. Wasn't even that good in the SPL, seriously, was obviously a cut above but no more than some guys that are still there.

Oh I know he isn't. He's still painfully terrible. He does have an ounce of finishing ability, though. I'm genuinely unsure if Lukaku would have got onto Taylor's mistake yesterday and finished it, he hasn't looked sharp for a while.

Oh I know he isn't. He's still painfully terrible. He does have an ounce of finishing ability, though. I'm genuinely unsure if Lukaku would have got onto Taylor's mistake yesterday and finished it, he hasn't looked sharp for a while.

Yeah, he's a decent finisher. He is what he is - he was never that good so it's hard to expect him to suddenly be good, so I guess I've been harsh on him.

One I've been concerned about is Pienaar. Watched the Everton game where he got pulled off at half-time, he was absolutely terrible. I think he's class as well so I hope he isn't regressing.

Fitness more than anything I think. Pienaar is probably seen as more 'reliable'. I think also too much is put into the whole Baines/Pienaar left wing relationship which, while it's been mint for us, hasn't been as prevalent under Martinez (mainly due to the development of Cafu on the other wing).

I'd definitely give McGeady some more time, though. G-Def is fucking class IMO, really hope we can get him for next season, but again he's just working his way back from injury. He was starting to get some regular game time before he got injured.

Pienaar reminds me of Cahill in terms of his position at the club. Used to be really good and incredibly useful for us, but increasingly can't do it. Still has some good games but not enough to suggest he'll be a big player for us anymore. Remember getting shot down by all and sundry on Everton forums for suggesting we should've got rid of Cahill a good couple of years before we actually did. He was a mint servant for us but his time was coming to an end and if we were to progress, we'd have to improve upon him. Pienaar, while a different player footballing-wise, is slowly going in that direction. Not gonna give up on him just yet and I expect him to contribute between now and the end of the season but he's just not on the same level he was previously.