The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

I'll take it to the grave :thup:

I knew you were a good lad BM :thup:

Respect :thup:

This is real right here, this is what it's all about.

I saw it. f*** you, kindly.

:lol: come on D-man we all lose our temper a bit. I fort we was boyz.

That was why I said, "kindly."

I'll take it to the grave :thup:

I knew you were a good lad BM :thup:

Respect :thup:

This is real right here, this is what it's all about.

I saw it. f*** you, kindly.

:lol: come on D-man we all lose our temper a bit. I fort we was boyz.

That was why I said, "kindly."

:lol: I got you. It's all love.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljoatwIjvE1qdbcn8.gif

F*ck this love in, Antiscore(sorry for the steal) is shite.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWQ3YOMtJaM/UEsnJKgjdkI/AAAAAAAACo0/miO-N7XEaFA/s320/black-kid-oh-snap.gif

Mole's all in

:lol: Mole is a hater. Don't listen to him.

F*ck this love in, Antiscore(sorry for the steal) is s****.

Mole joining in? Noted. You'll get a 1 time only pass from me on it. Antiscore is also a shit rip. :thup: You're better than that

For reference, Altidore is dead to me as soon as this 2 week International break ends and he ends back up in Sunderland.

Sorry like, I was reporting what I saw in the flesh last night. He runs around a lot, but has zero effectiveness as a forward. The way he was played last night he looked to me like a very modest battering ram who has no clue what to do once the ball has come to him. He does give a mean lay off, but offered nothing else. To be fair, the US were absolutely woeful going forward in general.

As someone mentioned (Deuce?) that Johansson looked quite handy coming on, and I remember him getting hold of a first time volley that was blocked on the line? His movement alone when he came on caused Ukraine a lot more problems than Altidore did the entire match.

zero effectiveness as a forward.

modest battering ram who has no clue what to do 

US were absolutely woeful

caused Ukraine a lot more problems than Altidore did the entire match.

Shit is going down again when the yanks see this talk. Kanji is going to go nuts!

http://reactiongifs.me/hide-bush/

For reference, Altidore is dead to me as soon as this 2 week International break ends and he ends back up in Sunderland.

Sorry like, I was reporting what I saw in the flesh last night. He runs around a lot, but has zero effectiveness as a forward. The way he was played last night he looked to me like a very modest battering ram who has no clue what to do once the ball has come to him. He does give a mean lay off, but offered nothing else. To be fair, the US were absolutely woeful going forward in general.

As someone mentioned (Deuce?) that Johansson looked quite handy coming on, and I remember him getting hold of a first time volley that was blocked on the line? His movement alone when he came on caused Ukraine a lot more problems than Altidore did the entire match.

:thup:

Should Altidore continue to struggle, it might necessitate a tactical switch to 4-4-2, which the U.S. has had success with in the past couple years. Pairing Altidore with a player just off his shoulder like Dempsey, Donovan, or Johannsson would probably benefit him. But it would leave us thin through midfield against teams with very good midfields at the WC. In a perfect world, Altidore regains some of the confidence and form he had last year, when he was capable of playing as a lone striker (and could score). But I don't know if that's going to happen between now and June.

Should Altidore continue to struggle, it might necessitate a tactical switch to 4-4-2, which the U.S. has had success with in the past couple years. Pairing Altidore with a player just off his shoulder like Dempsey, Donovan, or Johannsson would probably benefit him. But it would leave us thin through midfield against teams with very good midfields at the WC. In a perfect world, Altidore regains some of the confidence and form he had last year, when he was capable of playing as a lone striker (and could score). But I don't know if that's going to happen between now and June.

Altidore is having a Papiss Cisse type decline in form; where absolutely nothing is coming off for him in front of goal.  Look at the type of goals he scored when he was playing in the Dutch league, but more-so for USA when he was in his rich vein of form. He was scoring headers, poachers, screamers, volleys, and even free kicks. He's actually perfectly fine holding the ball up, laying balls off and being a link-up player at the moment but he's worthless in front of goal.

IMO, Johansson needs to be starting as he seems the most unique, explosive and classy goal threat we have at the moment.

Altidore is having a Papiss Cisse type decline in form; where absolutely nothing is coming off for him in front of goal.  Look at the type of goals he scored when he was playing in the Dutch league, but more-so for USA when he was in his rich vein of form. He was scoring headers, poachers, screamers, volleys, and even free kicks. He's actually perfectly fine holding the ball up, laying balls off and being a link-up player at the moment but he's worthless in front of goal.

IMO, Johansson needs to be starting as he seems the most unique, explosive and classy goal threat we have at the moment.

I'd like to see a Donovan-Johannsson-Zusi front 3, with Dempsey given a free role behind the line. We sacrifice physicality and hold-up play for movement and fluidity, but Johannsson is more technically proficient and in far better form than Altidore. I just don't know if Klinsmann will drop Altidore any time soon. He seems to favor having a big target guy up top.

Altidore is having a Papiss Cisse type decline in form; where absolutely nothing is coming off for him in front of goal.  Look at the type of goals he scored when he was playing in the Dutch league, but more-so for USA when he was in his rich vein of form.

Look at the type of goals he scored when he was playing in the Dutch league

scored when he was playing in the Dutch league

the Dutch league

Scored some 50 goals for AZ over 2 seasons and scored like 8 goals for the USA before he joined Sunderland. So yeah, we're all a little concerned about him as we need this b****** to play well this summer.

Well aware the Dutch league isn't up to par, but his good form was translating in excellent international appearances where he was scoring all types of goals.

Altidore shouldn't have joined Sunderland. Not a good fit at all. He's a striker that needs a succession of chances to get into a rhythm so to speak. He won't be effective feeding off of a few scraps.

Altidore shouldn't have joined Sunderland. Not a good fit at all. He's a striker that needs a succession of chances to get into a rhythm so to speak. He won't be effective feeding off of a few scraps.

This is it really. He's never going to be a striker who can make things happen on his own.

Anyone have his record between all his time spent here, Turkey and Spain? I'm sure he was averaging something like 1 in 20 in the league. Seems a bit harsh on Heskey to compare him to this joker.

If he were 29 years old, you'd have a point. However, he's just now 24 and only started to get regular playing time when he went to the Eredivisie two years ago.

He left MLS way too soon and it stunted his development.