The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

The Iniesta penalty is the one you can't argue was a penalty :lol:

Also there isn't a striker on earth who would compliment CR and Bale as much as Benzema does and that's the point. ( except maybe Ibra)

They are too ball dominant, which is why Higuain would struggle at times because his chances would be taken up by CR.

Same would happen to Falcao and Suarez would be a shit tonne more limited as well as he wouldn't see the ball anywhere near as often.

Suarez at Liverpool is allowed to go where he likes and is the main man and allowed to take as many shots as he feels like, it wouldn't work like that at Madrid.

3 dominant ball players in the final third doesn't work and it never has.

People really think that wasn't a penalty? I really wanted Madrid to win and felt it was stonewall. Alonso clattered into him after the ball was poked past him. What else is there to take into consideration? :lol:

People really think that wasn't a penalty? I really wanted Madrid to win and felt it was stonewall. Alonso clattered into him after the ball was poked past him. What else is there to take into consideration? :lol:

Earlier in the game when Bale was breaking away, he taps it around Busquets and gets blocked off by him yet no freekick given? Ref wasn't consistent the whole game, was terrible

Earlier in the game when Bale was breaking away, he taps it around Busquets and gets blocked off by him yet no freekick given? Ref wasn't consistent the whole game, was terrible

Played advantage bruv

:thup:

Played advantage bruv

It ended up rolling to Xavi's feet i think once he tapped the ball around him? :lol:

Watching that again and the way Iniesta is hobbling away afterwards is embarrassing  :lol:

Aye but that shouldn't have any bearing on the decision. 98% of players fake injury these days. Stonewall penalty. The only penalty that wasn't a pen was Ronaldos, so it baffles me how people though the ref was pro Barca.

FWIW I think Ramos slightly clipped Neymar as well. Again, he overreacted, but it's still a pen and you'd have to say it was a clear goalscoring opportunity so the red was justified as well.

Watching that again and the way Iniesta is hobbling away afterwards is embarrassing  :lol:

Aye but that shouldn't have any bearing on the decision. 98% of players fake injury these days. Stonewall penalty. The only penalty that wasn't a pen was Ronaldos, so it baffles me how people though the ref was pro Barca.

FWIW I think Ramos slightly clipped Neymar as well. Again, he overreacted, but it's still a pen and you'd have to say it was a clear goalscoring opportunity so the red was justified as well.

I've never said he was pro Barca, just a fucking shit ref who shouldn't be allowed to ref one of those games again :lol: He made poor decisions for both teams and some of the advantages he played were terrible, then blew for free kicks when a decent advantage was there  :dontknow:

I've no complaints with Neymar pen, was clever by him to get body in front of Ramos to tease him into that. Definite pen and red card. Ronaldo's was clearly outside the box and he was a few yards behind the tackle with a clear view.

Look at the delay between the contact and Ronaldo deciding to go to ground as well.

He was about to plant his left leg which was tripped then thought, like he did all game, 'oh, why not fall down here and appeal for a penalty?'

It's a foul by today's standards because there was contact but Ronaldo could have easily kept going if he wanted to.

:thup:

All of them exaggerated, but for me they're all penalties. Whatever people think, it was a great results for everyone except Real fans :lol:

Bale should've had a pen too.

That he should. :thup: Read a lot of places that the two most obvious penalties was one on Bale and one on Neymar in the first half, but I'm 100% sure that the one on Neymar someone got the ball first, right?

Nobody but me see Alonso touch the ball in the Iniesta incident?

He did but he then preceding to take Iniesta out after knowing it had poked through to a dangerous area. He knew what he was doing & 9/10 probably would've got away with it.

Still p*ssed off the way Iniesta went down for that pen, cheating b****** screaming like a girl 3 yards away from the ref  :huff:

You should rather be p*ssed off at the two Real Madrid players that chose to turn Iniesta into a sandwich due to their awful positioning.

He's played for that, he wasn't getting the ball and he's trying to squeeze through a gap that was hardly even there. Ball ricochets off Xabi's leg, Iniesta feels contact and takes a tumble and screams. Would have been the softest of fouls outside the box let alone a penalty to win the El Clasico.

Iniesta has made a career out of getting through those gaps that are hardly there.