The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

FFS we were above these two seasons ago. They upgraded and we f***ing kept the bell end we've got

I don't think we where any better individual for individual. They may have had a better goal difference than us too.

? Not sure the point your making

We had better results but our performances, style of play, quality of player was arguably inferior.

I don't think we where P4P a top 5 side.

So jealous of Liverpool, upgraded an outdated hateful manager who had them sitting around the Europa League spots to a new age forward thinking manager.

Aye they didn't let KD trade on past glories for very long .

Pardew will dine out on that 5th place forever and a day

It's not the 5th that's keeping him here.

Its stopping a large percentage of our fans seeing the light though

The stability line would still be trotted out had we finished  9th and somehow qualified for Europe.

FFS we were above these two seasons ago. They upgraded and we f***ing kept the bell end we've got

I don't think we where any better individual for individual. They may have had a better goal difference than us too.

We had better results but our performances, style of play, quality of player was arguably inferior.

Moreover - Mashley doesn't give a fuck what we think.

If Liverpool end up needing an enormous goal difference swing on the final day, it couldn't be set up nicer for them. If they needed 10, I wouldn't bet a penny against them doing it.

So jealous of Liverpool, upgraded an outdated hateful manager who had them sitting around the Europa League spots to a new age forward thinking manager.

Aye they didn't let KD trade on past glories for very long .

Pardew will dine out on that 5th place forever and a day

It's not the 5th that's keeping him here.

Its stopping a large percentage of our fans seeing the light though

The stability line would still be trotted out had we finished  9th and somehow qualified for Europe.

Moreover - Mashley doesn't give a f*** what we think.

No he doesn't but the way we behave as fans makes it really easy for him not to give a fuck.

He won the war without a shot even bring fired

Anyways off topic from me

If Liverpool end up needing an enormous goal difference swing on the final day, it couldn't be set up nicer for them. If they needed 10, I wouldn't bet a penny against them doing it.

Was saying this to a Liverpool fan at work. Couldn't ask for an easier last day game at the moment.

Spurs have been awful today like, was some effort by us to make them look Braziliant.

Yeah I agree with that, certainly. The fact is though they recognised what they needed to do and made the change. They are now reaping the benefits

They changed manager but that's not the biggest thing. They continued to invest in the squad and had a plan to break into the top 4 within 3 years.

Our biggest problem is that we have a owner content with midtable finishes and turning a profit. The owners of L'pool are trying to maximise potential revenue.

Yeah I agree with that, certainly. The fact is though they recognised what they needed to do and made the change. They are now reaping the benefits

They changed manager but that's not the biggest thing. They continued to invest in the squad and had a plan to break into the top 4 within 3 years.

Our biggest problem is that we have a owner content with midtable finishes and turning a profit. The owners of L'pool are trying to maximise potential revenue.

The 100mil KD spent suggests that they could have thrown money at him till they were blue in the face they wouldn't have gotten into the top 4

Rodgers is the primary reason for Liverpool's current position

Definitely. They'll score as many as they need to.

It is though. Rodgers has improved Henderson ridiculous amounts, brought the best out of Suarez. They invested in players that would suit his brand. He's a huge factor in all of it IMO.

Whilst they need investment obviously, Rodgers is the driving force in what's good about them

Did not think he would be a good manager, i keep thinking back to the game against swansea when he was in charge, one dimensional and too much emphasis on short passing, he has made a massive change on his game plan/tactics. 

:lol: Spending the morning angrily watching beautiful football.

You're just regretting your choice!

:lol: If I stuck, I'd be watching Newcastle murder Tottenham right now.

Seems I've been blaming the wrong Mike ;)

It really is all Mike's fault! :lol:

His biggest positive IMO is that he often learns from and rectifies his mistakes. The polar opposite of pardew basically

Yes, a la west ham, charlton and southampton, keeps on repeating his mistakes and does not look remotely like fixing them in the future.

The 100mil KD spent suggests that they could have thrown money at him till they were blue in the face they wouldn't have gotten into the top 4

Rodgers is the primary reason for Liverpool's current position

The aims and objectives of the owners have remained exactly the same. The transfer policy has remained largely the same as KD's reign - young players. The manager is one piece of the puzzle and they've done brilliantly to secure Rodgers but it is the owners/board who are the driving force behind the success.

We couldn't even attract a manager like Rodgers. We don't have ambitious owners. The aims and objectives of Ashley is secure league standings and turning a profit. Changing the manager wouldn't change this. They wouldn't be given the money for us to consistently challenge for the top 6.

Our best periods in the PL have come under owners that thought of Newcastle as a Rolls Royce club. Pardew is just a symptom of our problems. Ashley is the root cause. A manager like Brendan Rodgers couldnt' reach his full potential at a club run by Mike Ashley. Neither could Bobby and obviously Keegan couldn't.

There's aims & objectives (the vision), the strategy (how we get there). We have the first part wrong. L'pool only had the second part wrong in terms of manager. They largely had the right idea.

what was levy thinking with sherwood for f***s sake?  he's horrible man

Baldini picks/ buys the players, A director of football does not work ( in England ) as the manager wants the final say in transfers in all honesty.