The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Atletico are such an immense unit man, if Simeone doesn't get manager of the year there is something wrong.

Aye. I just can't bear myself to like Simeone, though. However much I admire what he's achieved there so far.

Atletico are such an immense unit man, if Simeone doesn't get manager of the year there is something wrong.

Hope they draw Chelsea.

How often has Mourinho dealt with a more hard working, in your face, agressive and technically better side than his own?  They would get bossed from start to finish.

Hope they draw Chelsea.

How often has Mourinho dealt with a more hard working, in your face, agressive and technically better side than his own?  They would get bossed from start to finish.

I really can't see that match being enjoyable tbh :lol: they are too similar, but i agree with the premise of what your saying it would be interesting.

Personally i want Bayern v Atleti and Madrid v Chelsea, mainly because its two ties we haven't really seen much if it all.

Interesting, Thibaut will not play if Chelsea draws Atletico. Apparently a clause saying they have to pay a certain amount of money, an amount they can't afford apparently. What happens if they play each other in the final?

It will cost Atletico almost £5m if they want him to play against Chelsea.  :lol:

What a load of s**** that is.

Well should've been more careful when agreeing to it tbh. I wonder how they'll deal with it if they play the final or if they're up 1-0 in aggeregate until 2nd leg in the semi's. Hopefully they won't have to play each other now. He's so important for them.

Aye I know that, it shouldn't be an option though. These loan systems are far too favourable to clubs like Chelsea and it makes a bit of a mockery of the champions league that this can happen.

Favourable only to Chelsea? How about Atletico that has been loaning one if not the best goalie in the La Liga? It's beneficial to both sides. In this case obviously Chelsea are the ones benefitting from it, but they're the one that invested in him and bought him from his club.

Aye I know that, it shouldn't be an option though. These loan systems are far too favourable to clubs like Chelsea and it makes a bit of a mockery of the champions league that this can happen.

Favourable only to Chelsea? How about Atletico that has been loaning one if not the best goalie in the La Liga? It's beneficial to both sides. In this case obviously Chelsea are the ones benefitting from it, but they're the one that invested in him and bought him from his club.

It's still favourable to Chelsea in this situation. This situation shouldn't be allowed to happen in the semis of the champions league.

Think Atleti will be able to beat Chelsea even without Courtois.

It's not as Chelsea are masters of creating chance after chance and putting teams under Kosh. A Julian Speroni or Brad Guzan would do the job.

If Atleti win the double, it'd be the greatest footballing achievements of the last couple of decades (well, or as long as I've been following the game)

If Atleti win the double, it'd be the greatest footballing achievements of the last couple of decades (well, or as long as I've been following the game)

This I would agree with. Almost certain it won't happen.

Diego Simeone winning the Champions League as a manager with Atletico Madrid will give the likes of Alan Pardew many a orgasm. He'll see em grinding out a 2-1 QF over Barcelona, train 4 days on shape. Then get battered 0-3 at home to Stoke on Saturday.

TBF to him he's gotten such an amount of shit from Barcelona fans after last night. Basically blaming him for the loss. He's been awful and is on the decline, but he has done so much for the club and it's not his fault that the club is playing him. Messi has also gotten shit, but gets a pass for obvious reasons.