The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Worst Barcelona I've seen in long time. Tata Martino was miserable appointment and they pay a very big price for it now.

Harsh on Tata, not his fault that the squad has been on a decline for two years now and nothing has been done. If they had bought Thiago Silva and kept Thiago Alcantara they'd probably be winning this league by quite a margin.

Worst Barcelona I've seen in long time. Tata Martino was miserable appointment and they pay a very big price for it now.

Harsh on Tata, not his fault that the squad has been on a decline for two years now and nothing has been done. If they had bought Thiago Silva and kept Thiago Alcantara they'd probably be winning this league by quite a margin.

But the problem was today (and with so many games lately) that they are completely clueless on the pitch. In the beginning of the season they started playing more direct and slowed down the tempo as the season progressed, but now they just don't seem to know what they are suppose to do there. There was so many situations today, when the players just were not filling the empty spaces on the pitch and also moving on the same direction, it was very easy to defend for Granada.

Yes, the problem is that they haven't signed the right players, but today it wouldn't have changed anything if Thiagos were there, because they just don't have a game plan to follow, they completely rely on individual players to perform. Just like with Rijkaard. And with Messi, Neymar, Alexis and Pedro completely off-form, who else to blame than manager?

And with the transfer ban, they need to get rid of him, because he is clearly not the right manager for this side.

they've become obsessed with playing 1-2's on the edge of the oppositions area.

As Jose showed you stop them down the middle and they lack fret.

No idea why they don't try to get in behind and cut the ball back from the byline

Don't agree with the second paragraph, think the whole team in every area is out of form. To say what you are saying is basically giving a pass to players like Cesc (who's been Barcelona's worst player this second half of the season), Iniesta who has been excellent at times but worthless in other times and Xavi who has really declined from his day and is more of a side-way passer these days.

Today they were unlucky not to win, they dominated and it was the defense that let them down, with Thiago or dare I say even Pique there it wouldn't have happened. They lack a vocal leader in the team, Xavi isn't that type of leader and Iniesta isn't either. Valdes is injured and Puyol is done. A player like Thiago Silva would've done wonders. They need to have a leader ready to push them on the pitch.

Don't agree with the second paragraph, think the whole team in every area is out of form. To say what you are saying is basically giving a pass to players like Cesc (who's been Barcelona's worst player this second half of the season), Iniesta who has been excellent at times but worthless in other times and Xavi who has really declined from his day and is more of a side-way passer these days.

Today they were unlucky not to win, they dominated and it was the defense that let them down, with Thiago or dare I say even Pique there it wouldn't have happened. They lack a vocal leader in the team, Xavi isn't that type of leader and Iniesta isn't either. Valdes is injured and Puyol is done. A player like Thiago Silva would've done wonders. They need to have a leader ready to push them on the pitch.

How the hell was it defence which let them down, when the opposition scored only one (1) goal and the attackers couldn't do anything despite controlling the game for 90 minutes. And I agree, that their defence is a poor joke at the moment, but that wasn't what let them down today.

And I agree that the whole team is off-form at the moment. Cesc, Iniesta and others are not at their best, but seriously their strikers are completely useless at the moment. The movement is poor, decisions are weak and finishing is nowhere to be seen. When they rely so much on individuals to perform, they need their strikers to do their magic. And the problem with players like Iniesta and Cesc that they don't really have any options to pass the ball, because the strikers are not making the runs they should.

The worst player of the season is hands down Mascherano, but it would be better to play him as a defensive midfielder and move Busquets up one notch (yes, it wasn't possible today, but they haven't really done it while Bartra, Pique and Puyol have been all available). Mascherano, Busquets and Iniesta would do the trick for midfield and the focus should be trying to break the defences with Alba, Alves, Neymar and Alexis/Pedro. But it would need a different kind of approach.

Fair enough, I just think the amount of saves the Granada goalie made today was enormous so don't agree with them not being able to do anything. On any other night Barcelona would've won and we wouldn't be criticizing them. If the defense don't let them down early in the game I think they would've strolled on to win, conceding a goal against run of play can always have an effect on a team.

Don't think anyone's been good either tbf, but Barcelona has relied a lot on Messi's brilliance even back in the Guardiola's days. I don't think it's a fair assessment to criticize Tata and blame it on him hinting that because the strikers aren't doing a great job it's his fault. They started the first six months under him excellently and he was praised for instilling some different style into the team. In 2014 they've been poor and while he shouldn't leave this season with a pass or so it's harsh to blame it all on him. It all starts from upstairs and unless they bring in some new blood and motivation no manager will win them the CL. I still think they're good enough to win the league, mind and wouldn't surprise me if they win midweek in the Copa del Rey as they've really turned up when playing Real this season.

Barcelol.

Careful Ancelol. Real haven't won yet.

Atletico close to the league now. All they have to do is win the remaining and the match agaisnt Barcelona will be pointless.

Part of me hopes they do it.