The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Hazard's intelligence and willingness to use his vision is what sets him apart from HBA. Ben Arfa could be nearly as good (IMO) if he had a better mentality/more of a brain. Hazard is generally great at knowing when to run, pass etc. Quite an unselfish player considering how much talent he has.

:thup:

Hazard's the better player, this all started though with Ronaldo saying he had lees than half of Hazard ability which isn't true. In terms of ability he really isn't far off. He's just less consistent, mentally stable as well as works less on the pitch at Hazard, all which makes Hazard such a good player.

But we have all seen what Ben Arfa is capable of doing on the pitch, some of the stuff he has done I doubt Hazard would be able to do tbh.

Assume it's already been mentioned but jeez, what a miss Fernandinho was tonight. Or indeed a vaguely competent central midfielder to partner Toure.

an actual central midfielder would have been a start

Let's not pretend like Yaya has been any good the last two - three games. Fernandinho and Aguero were huge misses, but City really need a CB to partner Kompany. Lescott, Nastasic and Demichelis are none of that quality.

Last year Hazard was incredibly inconsistent. I couldn't believe how much they paid for him considering he was no where near the finished article.

However now, with Mourinho managing him I can see it. He's got all the speed and technical skills, while also being one of those players where you can see he can still become even better if he progresses like he should over the next few years.

Assume it's already been mentioned but jeez, what a miss Fernandinho was tonight. Or indeed a vaguely competent central midfielder to partner Toure.

I thought Toure was pretty poor as well. Think he can be quite lazy at times and doesn't look arsed when he's needed to put a shift in like tonight.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hazard one of the best in the world? Give over! He's a very good player and has the potential to be one of the best, but is nowhere near at that level yet. That woudl be like saying Ba was one of the world's best strikers when he was banging them in for us/performing for us.

Hazard is clearly a more intelligent player than Ben Arfa, he knows when to play it simple, when to let others enjoy some ball time etc. and as a result his decision making is more often than not conducive to team play. Ben arfa is the opposite, although he is hindered by his manager and the general lack of movement and options going forward.

Guest bimpy474

Fulham are going down, awful team, Mitroglou i don't think will keep them up.

They'll have to wait until they play us for their next win like.