The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Such an excellent result for Real this. They can sit on the counter in game two again. Gone to plan this far for them.

You could almost call it a masterclass.

:lol:

Whatever. Masterclass would've meant this tie was over already.

Should be, but for some inexplicably dodgy finishing from very, very presentable chances.

I think Guardiola should perhaps have set up his team a little bit more defensively today to force Madrid into having to create something. Walked straight into Real Madrid's biggest strength here, and now have to do so again in the home leg. It wouldn't have made for a better match of course, but would have given them a much better chance of progressing to the final.

Such an excellent result for Real this. They can sit on the counter in game two again. Gone to plan this far for them.

Should be, but for some inexplicably dodgy finishing from very, very presentable chances.

And Bayern didn't? Götze should've scored and so should've Muller there. Alonso made a fantastic tackle. Wasn't much between them, would say Real deserved a 1-0 win. No way this tie should've been over already, don't see how you can say that really.

And Bayern didn't? Götze should've scored and so should've Muller there. Alonso made a fantastic tackle. Wasn't much between them, would say Real deserved a 1-0 win. No way this tie should've been over already, don't see how you can say that really.

Those were both second half, Real could have gone in at half-time at 3-0 and strangled the game from there.

I think Guardiola should perhaps have set up his team a little bit more defensively today to force Madrid into having to create something. Walked straight into Real Madrid's biggest strength here, and now have to do so again in the home leg. It wouldn't have made for a better match of course, but would have given them a much better chance of progressing to the final.

Aye.. a 0-0 would have been a good result for them.

The Madrid lads have been brilliant almost to the man. Coentrao, Alonso, Modric, Di Maria f***ing knackered by the end and boy do they deserve it.

Get G Bale & Cronaldo fully fit and we are ready to take this bitch home.

:thup: Especially Alonso, has provided some abysmal performances in the leauge and El Clasico lately. My man of the match.

Those were both second half, Real could have gone in at half-time at 3-0 and strangled the game from there.

Sure, it's all hypothetical though. Glad we got two hopefully good games coming up next week. Really enjoyed this one.

The Madrid lads have been brilliant almost to the man. Coentrao, Alonso, Modric, Di Maria f***ing knackered by the end and boy do they deserve it.

:thup: Especially Alonso, has provided some abysmal performances in the leauge and El Clasico lately. My man of the match.

When you get to his age.. any dip in form and people (well me and you and VI I think) will say your legs have gone but he showed today he's an absolute monster of a player. Every pass well timed and thought.

You have to fancy Madrid getting at least 1 on the break at the Allianz.

When you get to his age.. any dip in form and people (well me and you and VI I think) will say your legs have gone but he showed today he's an absolute monster of a player. Every pass well timed and thought.

:thup: Was all over the pitch in the 2nd half, blocked Muller and also blocked Robbens chance in the first half which probably would've been 1-1 otherwise. Still don't think he's as good as he used to as he can't do it consistently, but was immense tonight. Although it's not strange when you start questioning a player when he's been pretty average for a whole season.

I fancy Real to get 1 or 2 at Allianz, the same way I fancy Bayerns ability to score 3-4 against them. Dortmund had a far more difficult challenge in the 2nd leg and were a post from taking it to extra time.

:thup: Was all over the pitch in the 2nd half, blocked Muller and also blocked Robbens chance in the first half which probably would've been 1-1 otherwise. Still don't think he's as good as he used to as he can't do it consistently, but was immense tonight. Although it's not strange when you start questioning a player when he's been pretty average for a whole season.

I fancy Real to get 1 or 2 at Allianz, the same way I fancy Bayerns ability to score 3-4 against them. Dortmund had a far more difficult challenge in the 2nd leg and were a post from taking it to extra time.

3-0 can make you lazy. They'll be razor sharp next week (I hope)