The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

The Madrid lads have been brilliant almost to the man. Coentrao, Alonso, Modric, Di Maria f***ing knackered by the end and boy do they deserve it.

Get G Bale & Cronaldo fully fit and we are ready to take this bitch home.

:thup: Especially Alonso, has provided some abysmal performances in the leauge and El Clasico lately. My man of the match.

When you get to his age.. any dip in form and people (well me and you and VI I think) will say your legs have gone but he showed today he's an absolute monster of a player. Every pass well timed and thought.

You have to fancy Madrid getting at least 1 on the break at the Allianz.

:thup: Was all over the pitch in the 2nd half, blocked Muller and also blocked Robbens chance in the first half which probably would've been 1-1 otherwise. Still don't think he's as good as he used to as he can't do it consistently, but was immense tonight. Although it's not strange when you start questioning a player when he's been pretty average for a whole season.

I fancy Real to get 1 or 2 at Allianz, the same way I fancy Bayerns ability to score 3-4 against them. Dortmund had a far more difficult challenge in the 2nd leg and were a post from taking it to extra time.

3-0 can make you lazy. They'll be razor sharp next week (I hope)

But then again, Bayern is still the best team in Europe and with one of the best fans in Europe behind them I can really see them getting a goal early and putting pressure on Real.

It's really open. Glad Real won it narrow as it will force Bayern to attack next week. (probably miss the game as I'll be landing when the game starts :anguish:)

I'm liking that across the two semis the most pragmatic teams are (arguably) in the best situations against the two more possession-based teams. One goal between the two games and neither Bayern nor Atletico scored it.

I just hope chelsea don't get to the final, I would want it to be atletico vs real.

I'm liking that across the two semis the most pragmatic teams are (arguably) in the best situations against the two more possession-based teams. One goal between the two games and neither Bayern nor Atletico scored it.

Is Atletico a possession based team now? Or do you mean yesterday?

I just hope chelsea don't get to the final, I would want it to be atletico vs real.

Atletico/Real has its appeal but I REALLY want to see Chelsea vs. Bayern. Jose vs. Pep again.

I think Chelsea will win it outright, even with all the injuries.

Is Atletico a possession based team now? Or do you mean yesterday?

I was speaking relatively. I can't speak for their usual style of play because I don't follow La Liga.

Atletico/Real has its appeal but I REALLY want to see Chelsea vs. Bayern. Jose vs. Pep again.

I can't think of many things in life more boring than Chelsea Bayern in the final

I can't think of many things in life more boring than Chelsea Bayern in the final

Some people find fireworks and monster trucks more exciting than the opera and a nice glass of Saint-Émilion's best.

Some people find fireworks and monster trucks more exciting than the opera and a nice glass of Saint-Émilion's best.

Ah so you're one of these purists I keep hearing about

A Chelsea bayern final sounds utterly miserable. Bayern keep the ball. Chelsea BRAVELY defend until the ball bounces in off someone's face from a corner. Great. No ta.

Then its described as a Mourinho tactical masterclass

Ah so you're one of these purists I keep hearing about

It's not even about the football all that much. Jose/Pep is just such an interesting story.

Jose back with Chelsea, where his biggest omission was the Champion's League. He loves the club, has something to prove this time and you have to believe the Champion's League is his top priority. Jose hates Barca.

Pep is the anti-Mourinho. He is Barca through and through. Completely different style of play and style of management. They didn't get on. Mourinho bested him in 2010 with an inferior Inter side. No one expected it. If they come up against each other, you'd have to argue that Pep has the better team again, is he going to get done by Mourinho with Chelsea?

That's much better than just a boring old game of football.

I'd do most things to see  Atletico win the double tbh. They were pretty poor yesterday, I would love to see them rise to the occasion next week.

Bayern v Atletico for me. Although a Madrid final wouldn't be too shabby either. In other words, anything other than Chelsea PLEASE

Luca - Atletico are normally a counter attacking team themselves. Hard working, win the ball back in midfield then charge upfield. Being the home team they had to force the issue and with an away goal being so crucial - they where never going to go for the kill. They would fancy their chances in the opposite situation at SB. A read a stat somewhere that the away team wins 2 out of 3 times if they've drawn 0-0 at home. Atletico have conceded 22 league goals all season, they are as tough to break down as Chelsea.

If Chelsea come out looking to win in normal time (even to the extent Atleti did - which was cautious)  i'm confident Atletico would pick them off on the break. Costa's a much better player when he's got space to attack.

What a result for Madrid, over the moon with that performance. Alonso and Modric bossed the midfield. Was disappointed with Isco tonight and Di Maria offensively but both still put their shift in. Credit to Benzema, started and finished the move for the goal, not his biggest fan but that was excellent.

Can't wait for second leg now, Bayern will have to go up multiple gears from tonights performance if they want to progress. Ronaldo and Bale on the counter will be a massive test for them but they are still more than capable of a world class showing, they just haven't showed signs of it for a fair while now.

I'd do most things to see  Atletico win the double tbh. They were pretty poor yesterday, I would love to see them rise to the occasion next week.

Bayern v Atletico for me. Although a Madrid final wouldn't be too shabby either. In other words, anything other than Chelsea PLEASE

:thup: